Author Topic: For Amy  (Read 1175 times)

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
For Amy
« on: May 13, 2023, 05:33:07 AM »

=D
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Re: For Amy
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2023, 01:34:56 PM »
Throw the car away, set fire to it, whatever works.  >:D

I've had that happen a few times - I try to look at it as a test of my ability to remain calm during a crisis and not run the damn thing into a wall.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2023, 02:12:11 PM »
Sort of like hot brass going down your shirt.  Can you set the pistol down before reacting? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2023, 03:01:53 PM »
Been remodeling my bathroom for the last forever, and in the last 24 hours I've had black widows and scorpions grace my company from the activity.

Should have saved pics of them for Amy.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2023, 03:52:59 PM »
Okay, dumb question but, WHO is "Amy"??  ???
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
^ See PM.

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2023, 03:51:23 PM »
Okay, dumb question but, WHO is "Amy"??  ???

I AM!!  =D

Been remodeling my bathroom for the last forever, and in the last 24 hours I've had black widows and scorpions grace my company from the activity.

Should have saved pics of them for Amy.

No. I'm good. But you can leave your toys to me when those little creepy bast@ards eat you.
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2023, 04:19:49 PM »
7 or 8 years ago we had a big uptick in the number of blackwidow spiders around the area. My shop was full of them. I even found several at various work offices I travelled to.

The tipping point for me that initiated full on chemical warfare came while I was working on my M715. I had to change the right front brake backing plate. (getting one was an interesting evolution in itself)
Spent a couple of hours working pretty much blind with fingers and wrenches behind the plate between the plate and the leaf spring pack. When I finally get the plate off I see a big shiny blackwidow spider and her egg sac pretty much right where my fingers had been a few moments before.
I squished the spider and decided it would be OK to torch the egg sac. Grabbed a BBQ lighter and lit it up.
About 10,000,000 baby blackwidow spiders came boiling out of it, all over the truck and, all over me!
I expended a full can of brake cleaner killing the little monsters, I had the creepy crawlies for 3 days after that.
The next morning I went to war.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2023, 05:50:46 PM »
Oh! Joo gonna die...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 06:25:45 PM »
Oh! Joo gonna die...
Just posting some products form Amazon.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2023, 04:12:04 PM »
I squished the spider and decided it would be OK to torch the egg sac. Grabbed a BBQ lighter and lit it up.
About 10,000,000 baby blackwidow spiders came boiling out of it, all over the truck and, all over me!
I expended a full can of brake cleaner killing the little monsters, I had the creepy crawlies for 3 days after that.
The next morning I went to war.

Nope. Nope. Nope. I don't kill spiders anymore unless all body parts are well clear of any potential offspring.
Few years ago, was coming home one afternoon with Charlie on his leash and a drink in one hand, a bag of groceries and my house keys in the other. As I approached the door, I saw what I thought was a fiddler crab sitting square in front of it. On closer inspection, and while trying to keep Charlie from eating it, I saw it was a huge spider. And by huge, I don't mean "Amy's idea of huge" I mean huge by anyone's standard, at least two inches from front to rear. And fat. Having no free hands and nothing I could be sure would kill it in my hands, I had no choice but to step on it because I sure as hades wasn't going to risk it jumping on me as I stepped over it or let it eat my dog.
So I worked up my courage and stomped, which resulted in a sickening crunch, followed immediately by 10,000,000 babies swarming out from under my flip flop, across my toes, and spreading out from there in every direction.
Never. Again. 
Not two weeks later, opened the same door and was about to step out when I saw another spider, roughly the same size, in the same spot. This time, I slipped on a pair of boots (just in case), grabbed my can of spider spray, and doused it good. Turns out, spider spray does not prevent the spontaneous birthing of 10,000,000 babies. But at least that time my feet were protected and I could slam the door.
I used the back door for two months after that.

As to you, HeroHog, watch your back. 

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2023, 04:57:03 AM »
And of course, you shook out your boots before donning them.

I got out of the habit of doing that but it alwys seemed kike a good idea.  Maybe I should start again.

Boy scout training.  My Scoutmaster was a pretty savvy guy on outdoorsey stuff.  He was a radioman during the Battle of the Bulge.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2023, 07:36:47 AM »
Scorpions, if you live in an area where they live, ALWAYS check your shoes/boots!
MOLON LABE!

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2023, 10:27:29 AM »
I shake out ALL closed shoes before putting them on.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
MOLON LABE!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2023, 06:40:27 PM »
So I worked up my courage and stomped, which resulted in a sickening crunch, followed immediately by 10,000,000 babies swarming out from under my flip flop, across my toes, and spreading out from there in every direction.

Do you remember what happened to Dr. Smith in the movie remake of "Lost in Space"?  That sounds like what you experienced.  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2023, 09:20:32 AM »
http://quoteapic.com/post/man-finds-huge-spider-hiding-inside-ear-muffs-after-feeling-tickle-in-his-ear/
You know, if you need a hobby, rather than scouring the webs for spider stories, maybe you could take up constructing art made from junk mail or dryer lint? Just a thought!  :rofl:

Do you remember what happened to Dr. Smith in the movie remake of "Lost in Space"?  That sounds like what you experienced.  =D
I can't remember if I saw that, but now I'm fairly certain I don't need to!

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2023, 09:35:21 AM »
You know, if you need a hobby, rather than scouring the webs for spider stories, maybe you could take up constructing art made from junk mail or dryer lint? Just a thought!  :rofl:

The advice about checking your footwear for spiders/scorpions triggered the memory of that particular article.
It is good advice. You can bet I check mine since seeing that! Putting on a helmet you haven't worn in a while applies here as well, especially a full-face one!
MOLON LABE!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2023, 12:02:22 PM »
Nothing quite like the excitement of figuring out that the bee is inside the veil.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2023, 06:57:31 PM »
"As to you, HeroHog, watch your back. "

As of yesterday, an older man was seen sitting in a city park covered in sack cloth and ashes and chanting "I'm Sorry" over and over as he rended and tore the sack cloth while pouring more ashes upon his head while holding a large spider clutched between his big toe and 2nd toe.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2023, 07:01:13 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2023, 07:04:22 PM »
Not spider related, just exploring any other twitches we can get out of Amy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgROaJY6Xnk

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #23 on: June 01, 2023, 10:56:58 PM »
I can't remember if I saw that, but now I'm fairly certain I don't need to!

Yeah, Dr. Smith got "nicked" and all the "spiderlings" started pouring out.  Mr. Robinson reminded the Dr. that "they eat their own".  >:D  mwahahahaha (evil mad scientist laugh)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #24 on: June 01, 2023, 11:34:19 PM »
We have tarantulas at Lake of  the Ozarks. And some of the are "pets" in the machine shop.
Blog under construction