Author Topic: 20ga over-under advice?  (Read 1470 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: 20ga over-under advice?
« Reply #50 on: June 26, 2023, 06:40:53 PM »
I forgot about Stoeger shotguns too.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2023, 06:52:25 AM »
The Chiappa is something like 8 pounds. Not terrible.

MSRP is $2k, so yeah, not really interested at all.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #52 on: June 27, 2023, 07:43:25 AM »
The Chiappa is something like 8 pounds. Not terrible.

MSRP is $2k, so yeah, not really interested at all.
Two thousand will get you a lightly used 686. Yeah this is a 28, but a 686 will last a couple hundred thousand rounds and the factory will still be there to replace the springs and pins.
https://griffinhowe.com/beretta--686-sp1-28g-berv09793s
7-11 was a part time job.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #53 on: June 27, 2023, 08:24:35 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't commenting on the company or the configuration, only the price. I don't know squat about Chiappa firearms other than they had a repop of the Winchester 1876 that I was interested in some years ago.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #54 on: June 27, 2023, 08:43:26 AM »
I would look at the franchi instinct. Seems to be a pretty good value and is a subsidiary of beretta.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #55 on: June 27, 2023, 09:36:45 AM »
Yeah, I wasn't commenting on the company or the configuration, only the price. I don't know squat about Chiappa firearms other than they had a repop of the Winchester 1876 that I was interested in some years ago.
I want one of the Chiappa self defense type triple barrel guns.  The price is what has stopped me.  They aren't especially available either.  One of those guns that would be cool to have, but I would NOT want to pay the money for it.  A Beretta 1301 Tactical is the same price or cheaper. 

I have handled them before.  The 18" barrel model didn't seem especially front heavy.  Not sure how a longer barreled version would be.

edit to add missing word
« Last Edit: June 28, 2023, 07:08:40 AM by MechAg94 »
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #56 on: June 27, 2023, 11:27:56 PM »
Itch scratched.

I had a choice between a Beretta S56E, a CZ Woodcock, a CZ Redhead Premier, a Winchester 101 and a Stoeger Condor all in 12ga.  There was also a 20ga Browning Citori, but it had a sad life and its previous owner had chopped its barrels.

I ended up coming home with the Woodcock.  The Redhead Premier was chromed black rather than blued, and the gold(ish) inlay was a bit too Russian Pimp for my taste.  The Beretta S56E had inertia triggers and I think I convinced myself in the end that I wanted mechanical triggers, which the Woodcock had.  The Woodcock was blued barrels, case hardened receiver, in excellent shape with impeccably bright bores.  White dot front sight.

Got the OEM plastic case, sleeves for the barrels and stock, all 5 original chokes and choke wrench for $600 + government vig.  I think it'll do what I want quite well.

I think the trip to this shop created another itch though.  Now I think I also want a combination long gun, after seeing an M6 and a Savage .222/20ga there... except my ideal setup would be .22WMR and 20ga, but no weird trigger like the M6.  Evidently Blaser makes custom combination guns, and Chiappa makes their Double Badger.  .223/20ga would be nice.  Not offered by Chiappa, but it would be cool.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #57 on: June 28, 2023, 07:31:58 AM »
Nice! Congrats!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #58 on: June 28, 2023, 07:36:55 AM »
Awesome! Enjoy!

Now start looking at the German Drillings if you are wanting a shotgun/rifle combination.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #59 on: June 28, 2023, 11:34:39 PM »
Enjoy your "new" gun !
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”