Author Topic: A Big ass New US Embassy in Lebanon  (Read 442 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
A Big ass New US Embassy in Lebanon
« on: May 13, 2023, 07:50:18 AM »
It's CNN, so verification is a good idea, but it does make me wonder what might be going on behind the scenes that we would be building such a massive embassy in this particular country.

https://www.cnn.com/2023/05/12/middleeast/massive-us-embassy-middle-east-mime-intl/index.html
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: A Big ass New US Embassy in Lebanon
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 08:50:49 AM »
Could be something as simple as who''s family relations got and has connections to the massively over inflated building contract. I see this was started under the Obama admin so start checking with Joe with family. I know CNN isn't going to ask.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2023, 09:10:21 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 03:08:21 PM »
For starters, I'll hazard a guess that there will be considerably more living quarters within the compound than at most U.S. embassies. I would expect that there will be a larger than typical military detachment (I think the Marines usually provide security/defense at embassies, right?), and it may also be that in Lebanon the U.S. will import more U.S. personnel to perform administrative tasks that in most countries are performed by locals employed by the consular branch. If that;'s the case, I would expect all the imported staff to be house within the compound.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 10:50:10 PM »
Could be something as simple as who''s family relations got and has connections to the massively over inflated building contract. I see this was started under the Obama admin so start checking with Joe with family. I know CNN isn't going to ask.
That was my immediate first thought.

Hmmm . . . does the Biden Building Company have a branch in the Middle East?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2023, 11:35:20 PM »
That was my immediate first thought.

Hmmm . . . does the Biden Building Company have a branch in the Middle East?

More likely Bin Laden's family in Saudi Arabia. The family is, I believe, big in construction.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2023, 07:25:49 AM »
I'd be less annoyed if it was just greed and corruption. More annoyed if it's big in order to accommodate a couple of extra wings of alphabet guys to do more Middle Eastern meddling that will end up biting us in the ass again.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."