Author Topic: Bullets in Roofs  (Read 352 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Bullets in Roofs
« on: May 13, 2023, 08:11:39 AM »
Somehow I got sucked into viewing this reddit sub on roofing. I had no idea "bullets in roofs" was a thing for roofers, but finding them appears to be not that uncommon:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roofing/comments/13g0em2/found_my_first_hollow_tip_bullet/

On the tangent, looking through that sub, man, are there some crappy roofing jobs pictured. Really makes me want to take my time researching roofer reviews whenever I need a new roof in the future.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Bullets in Roofs
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2023, 08:24:13 AM »
When I was a kid one of my friends thought he'd try to throw a Jart (lawn dart) over his house. It was a ranch style.

Well, the Jart didn't make it.

Neither did his ass when his Dad pulled up and saw the Jart sticking out of the roof. :rofl:
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2023, 08:58:07 AM »
I find bullets from time to time after New Years and the 4th in the street and parking lots and in street gutters after it rains so I can only imagine how many hit roofs and cars. Don't think I've found a single HP all FMJ.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2023, 06:21:14 PM »
There is a not-so nice neighborhood to southeast of me, other side of a fairly busy four-lane or two, and a modest industrial/commercial area. I routinely see tracers in the sky on major holidays from there.
Blog under construction