Author Topic: how would somebody fight back against a non-profit?  (Read 1333 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: how would somebody fight back against a non-profit?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2023, 04:43:04 PM »
https://thumbnails.yayimages.com/1600/0/385/385558.jpg

The story of my life, in a single image.

Image credits in metadata. Royalty free
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2023, 06:46:37 PM »
Do any of us take good advice when we are righteously [I chose that word carefully] pissed off?  I may have once or twice in my life, but I usually don't.   [ar15]

I may have to accept the fact that Hawkmoon's remarks are painfully true.

But it's tough to balance righteous and practical.

Most of the remarks here are based on practical reality.

(Most of the time I just mutter "You son of a bitch" and march forward in life.)

230RN

• friend
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2023, 06:54:53 PM »
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 07:24:03 PM by 230RN »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 01:54:16 AM »
"Concealed means Concealed"?

AA, overall, to my firsthand knowledge, has proven to be effective and quite helpful to several close personal friends and family. Are SOME groups not exactly run to MY/My Friends liking? Sure! find one you like. In good size cities, there are usually several groups meeting at different times with different areas of instruction, at least there are in Shreveport, La.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 08:47:59 AM »
The problem with dealing with a crazy person, is that they have no concept of boundary's. You just found that out.
Her way of dealing with being an embittered bitch is to find people to antagonize while pretending some virtuous reason .
Leave it. Just leave it.

You do not know what is behind the door you seek to open.

Understand, she would welcome any opposition, and probably have a band of the insane to rally behind her.
This is the sort of *expletive deleted*it these asswipes live for. Because they have nothing else.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2023, 12:18:01 PM »
The problem with dealing with a crazy person, is that they have no concept of boundaries. You just found that out.
Her way of dealing with (herself --ed.) being an embittered bitch is to find people to antagonize while pretending some virtuous reason .
Leave it. Just leave it.

You do not know what is behind the door you seek to open.

Understand, she would welcome any opposition, and probably have a band of the insane to rally behind her.
This is the sort of *expletive deleted*it these asswipes live for. Because they have nothing else.
(Bolding and editing mine)

Like. General principle. Suitable for several situations. Worth repeating.

Remember, saying "You son of a bitch" must be sotto voce.

Terry, 230RN

REF (SCOTUS on fightin' words" and the FIrst Amendment):
https://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/fighting_words

« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 01:38:09 PM by 230RN »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2023, 08:15:34 PM »
"Concealed means Concealed"?

Gunsmith already mentioned that his carry permit has expired,, so he has to open carry.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2023, 11:03:46 PM »
I wasn't clear from the opening post if she followed you, or if she had you followed. If she followed you and you have evidence to prove it, report her to the police as a stalker. If she had you followed -- who did the actual following and how do you know? There may or may not have been a crime committed -- check the Nevada laws on stalking.

I noticed a car seemed to be tailing me, but all they could possibly discover about me is I lead a very boring life. I basically work and sleep, sometimes buy food, with my slim extra time and if I can afford ammo i go to an indoor range.
HOW I KNEW was the lesbian lady told me she had me followed and she knew where I went after leaving the clubhouse. There was a wake/memorial type thing for another sober alcoholic who died - she left a message detailing that she knew I went there. I thought that was very strange as all it does is prove I said kind things at a memorial and was nice to the mans family.
Unless I had ample evidence of being followed and harassed - nothing could or would be done - l blocked her phone number and I doubt I am being followed - she had me followed from the club - I have not been there since.
Gunsmith, I think you're on the wrong track.

You said the woman who banned you is on the board of the "clubhouse" where they hold AA meetings. So why are you looking for income info on AA? They don't own the building, they just use it. AA meetings are held in all kinds of places, from hotel conference rooms to schools to church basements. If I understand it correctly, you weren't banned by AA, you were banned by the club that owns the building.

I guess I wasn't clear, AA gets most of its $ from donations by members and I was not banned by AA

Who owns the club? Is the club a 501(c))3) non-profit? Do they get their funding from grants, or do they get their money from member dues and rental fees? that is what I am hoping you guys might know how to find out, if I knew where they get grants from, I would talk to them . I've heard they get grants and that why they restricted cigg smoking

If you're going to joust with windmills, at least pick the right windmill.
  that is why I am going very slowly with my project, and doing research

I will be calling AA headquaters in NYC for some advice, of course new yorkers would not be helpful WRT gun stuff - but that is not my angle - the clubhouse may be public accommodations and it could be unlawful to keep me out under the NRS which provides legal protections for older adults
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2023, 10:16:56 AM »
Gunsmith already mentioned that his carry permit has expired,, so he has to open carry.

HAS to?

Understand, for now, I choose to carry within the restrictions of the law BUT, in the right circumstances, I will go by the CONSTITUTION, illegal laws be damned.
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2023, 10:39:02 AM »

I will be calling AA headquaters in NYC for some advice, of course new yorkers would not be helpful WRT gun stuff - but that is not my angle - the clubhouse may be public accommodations and it could be unlawful to keep me out under the NRS which provides legal protections for older adults

It may not be YOUR angle, but sure as *expletive deleted*it, it Will be THEIR angle as soon as they find there was a firearm component to the event.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #35 on: May 17, 2023, 12:40:18 PM »
So speaking as someone who did malpractice defense and as a current risk manager, I sometimes have friends, family, or random people ask me about filing a malpractice claim or lawsuit.  I talk to them about liability, causation, and damages and the typical costs associated with pursuing a claim.  Most of the time, they don't have a case due to probably not being able to prove liability or causation, or the damages are too minor to interest plaintiff counsel.  I tell them that not every wrong has a cost-effective remedy, but they should certainly go talk with plaintiff counsel for a second opinion.  Is this one of those situations that does not have a cost-effective remedy?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #36 on: May 17, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »

It doesn't matter what your angle is, your opponent gets a vote too.  Is there a state headquarters for AA?  If so, that's where you should start, not national.  They will be familiar with Nevada laws and should be less hostile towards you.
"It's good, though..."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #37 on: May 17, 2023, 01:03:21 PM »
Give it time, and go to other meetings in the area... I'm pretty sure that the meetings which she sees as "her" meetings aren't the only ones.

One day at a time, and don't try to fight City Hall.

Karma will bite her in the ass eventually.

Blog under construction

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: May 17, 2023, 05:13:23 PM »
If she's admitted to a crime in following you around, you should definitely talk the police about that, or at least look up the relevant laws, to see if what she did is actionable.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #39 on: May 17, 2023, 06:09:48 PM »
There is no such thing as an AA club. The G.S.O. ("New York Office") has no affiliation with any building where AA meetings are held.
GSO recognizes AA Groups, but groups can't own property.  The buildings aren't AA.  See traditions 6 and 10.
World Services exercises no authority over an AA group's decisions or an AA group's landlord or lease agreements. Each AA group is autonomous.

https://www.aa.org/sites/default/files/literature/MG-3A_Relationship_AA_%26_Clubs%20EN.pdf

If you're hell-bent on nursing this resentment I suspect you'll get more sympathy from the police or an AA friend.
I noticed a car seemed to be tailing me,

Etc...

... lady told me she had me followed and she knew where I went after leaving the clubhouse.

Etc....

I will be calling AA headquaters in NYC for some advice,
7-11 was a part time job.

230RN

• friend
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2023, 06:54:51 AM »
« Last Edit: May 20, 2023, 12:43:42 PM by 230RN »

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2023, 02:50:06 PM »
I’d let it lie and this kind of psycho that she is will eventually piss enough other people off to get run off from her board.

If you have phone numbers of friends shoot them a text as that you won’t be returning because of her and her attitude.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2023, 02:56:52 AM »
all ok ideas if I was living in a bigger area, the fact is, AA in these parts are run with total disregard for AA principles and traditions.
 you would not understand unless you have been an active member of AA for over 20 yrs plus and extensive and prolonged study of AA literature.
There is no legal way to combat endemic problems in local AA because it is not illegal stack your family and friends into leadership positions . ( control the finances )
They create rules that do not apply to them, exist solely for fund raising and virtue signalling.
AA in Reno is not organized to facilitate recovery from alcoholism using 12 steps, it is a dysfunctional civic organization and the sole purpose is to redirect considerable funds and obscure where and how the money is being spent.
It has already been over a year since the incident occurred  I have only been to two meetings this year because a friend from out of town wanted me to take him to a local meeting .
I can stay sober without AA I really do not need it
I only told you guys about the egregious tip of the iceberg , it would take a novelette to detail precisely all the things that have happened over the years . 
 For instance I sent my good friend Nate there - Nate was a well known TV actor named Nathaniel Marston  and he was a really terrific person   it would take a long time to explain but the last thing we talked about was how "Effed up" Reno AA had been to him - he had one day sober and I sent him to a meeting and they totally stabbed him in the back and he went on a three day binge - the press said he wasn't drunk but I think all his blood was in the sand and they didn't do any other test for alcohol - but I knew he was drinking for the three days before he died .
Reno AA just screws people over and there is no legal way to fight back - I am determined to figure out a way tho - I can start by reducing grant money if I can find out where the grants are coming from .
But, I am done with this thread, please do not reply so it can slowly sink into obscurity, thank you
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."