Author Topic: Someone took a baseball bat to my Congressman's office...  (Read 1067 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Someone took a baseball bat to my Congressman's office...
« on: May 16, 2023, 07:52:10 AM »
and attacked two of his staffers.

Apparently the guy has a lengthy history of mental health issues.

Allegedly he was asking to see the Congressman before he unloaded on the staff.

Now the Congressman, Gerry Connolly, is talking about "hey, we need to revisit security for our district offices!"

Yet this is the guy who would be more than happy to see all guns taken out of the hands of all law-abiding citizens.

The man is a *expletive deleted*ing waste of carbon.

https://wtop.com/fairfax-county/2023/05/person-with-baseball-bat-attacks-2-staff-members-in-congressman-gerry-connollys-fairfax-office/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Someone took a baseball bat to my Congressman's office...
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2023, 10:07:07 AM »
Give his staff batting helmets and baseball gloves.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2023, 10:10:10 AM »
Saw headlines on CNN and some other sites that left no doubt the most important aspect of this story they want you to know is that the congressman is a Dem.

Basically

DEMOCRAT CONGRESSMAN ATTACKED!!!!!!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2023, 10:49:03 AM »
Yep, and it means that there needs to be MORE gun control! Because that would have stopped this conservative-fronted bat attack...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2023, 10:56:40 AM »
Because that would have stopped this conservative-fronted bat attack...

Everyone knows for a FACT that Louisville Slugger is a Nazi white supremacist MAGA transphobic dog whistle
« Last Edit: May 16, 2023, 11:16:02 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2023, 12:10:13 PM »
Everyone knows for a FACT that Louisville Slugger is a Nazi white supremacist MAGA transphobic dog whistle

That's only part of it. From  https://honestbaseball.com/what-type-of-wood-are-baseball-bats-made-of/  we learn that . . .

One of the most common types of the wooden bat is the Ashwood. You can call it the Northern white ash wood too. It is more popular because of its extra whip

So they're made of of a NORTHERN (Racist!) WHITE (Racist!) wood, with EXTRA WHIP (Racist Slave Owner!)

Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2023, 12:14:24 PM »
Really sad part is somewhere, MSNBC likely, someone is writing poop like that for their article and millions of drones will swallow it hook line and sinker.
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2023, 12:14:52 PM »
Since it’s a ball bat thing it will be interesting to compare how many headlines this gets vs a wrongthink senator getting shot and nearly killed at a baseball game.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2023, 12:18:47 PM »
Since it’s a ball bat thing it will be interesting to compare how many headlines this gets vs a wrongthink senator getting shot and nearly killed at a baseball game.

Everyone knows that senator provoke that shooting by saying mean things thus it was a case of self defense.
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2023, 05:24:51 PM »
Was it  a fully semiautomatic assault bat with a shoulder thing that goes up?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2023, 07:07:30 PM »
Was it  a fully semiautomatic assault bat with a shoulder thing that goes up?
And a donut-like barrel lug to make it heavier.
And pine tar on the handle
And hollowed out with superballs inside for something
7-11 was a part time job.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2023, 07:08:16 PM »
7-11 was a part time job.