Author Topic: cops shoot leashed and tethered dog - disturbing video  (Read 655 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
cops shoot leashed and tethered dog - disturbing video
« on: May 21, 2023, 07:48:58 PM »
Warning, if you like dogs this will be disturbing

https://youtu.be/FRpFESSLCQ0

Trinity County law enforcement, conducting a questionable raid ( apparently it had a license but some kind of paperwork snafu ) marijuana grow.
One officer tells the other officers to "look out for the dog" - the dog gets very close to an officer but is tethered and at the end of the leash and the cops shoots it with as much care as stepping on an ant

https://www.sfgate.com/cannabis/article/california-officer-shoots-cannabis-farm-dog-18109109.php
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: cops shoot leashed and tethered dog - disturbing video
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2023, 08:13:01 PM »
Some locals are calling for the resignation of Trinity County Sheriff Tim Saxon.

Saxon defended the raid, including the killing of the dog, during a county board of supervisors meeting this week, saying the farm was operating illegally and that the dog “had been trained to attack,” according to local radio station KMUD. Saxon said the dog was killed by a Cal Fire employee and that Cal Fire was conducting an investigation.

If the Sheriff isn't lying, I'd like to know why Cal Fire needs armed agents.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2023, 08:51:53 PM »
One day somebody is going to go John Wick on some cops for killing their dog.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2023, 10:23:19 PM »

And they SHOULD.
That dog was WALKING, not charging.  IMO, that officer should be treated EXACTLY like the dog he killed.
  [ar15]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2023, 10:36:11 PM »

Sometimes I wonder if some of the attacks on cops we see are retribution for cops bad deeds, real or perceived.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2023, 10:37:44 PM »
And they SHOULD.
That dog was WALKING, not charging.  IMO, that officer should be treated EXACTLY like the dog he killed.
  [ar15]

plus it looked like it was just trying to sniff him, they were told not to get so close - in my opinion the cop has something wrong with him - just wanted to shoot something - it was awful hearing the dog scream in pain/surprise and fear.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 12:24:42 AM »
He was later charged with unlawful possession of commercial cannabis, lack of dog licenses, rabies vaccinations, unreasonable tethering of an animal, allowing a dog to attack or injure someone, and resisting arrest

The dog looked reasonably tethered to me, plus it was behind a locked gate.  The only thing that seemed unreasonable to me was cops there with no need for urgency who knew the dog was there and made no effort at all to avoid it, shot it, then piled on charges to punish the owner of the dog they just killed.
The cannabis sounds like a civil matter since there was a permit in process.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 01:42:19 PM »
unreasonable tethering of an animal, allowing a dog to attack or injure someone

FFS, pick one.  These are contradictory to each other, let alone to the video evidence.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2023, 03:00:04 PM »
I saw the video on my phone earlier.  I might make a case for the dog jumping at the officer, but it didn't look like it was jumping to attack.  I need to watch it again then I can see it on a large screen.  Restriction means it won't play at work.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2023, 04:12:01 PM »
I watched it on a big screen, and I can't tell you how frothing mad it made me.

The police engineered a situation that allowed them to shoot the dog.  They also let the dog bleed out in pain while keeping it's owner away and unable to provide any comfort to the poor thing.

To push me further along the "*expletive deleted*ck all law enforcement" path, none of the other officers there even offered a "WTF?" to trigger happy Barney.  They were all like "shrug, I guess that dog is going to die." If 99% of cops really were good, that they would refuse to work with or near this supposedly rare trigger happy bad apples.

I thought all day about this after watching the video in the morning, and the nicest thing I can come up with is if that officer comes out of his house one day and eats a 5.56 round on his porch, I'd consider it just.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 04:43:27 PM by dogmush »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2023, 04:29:40 PM »
Was ATF agent in his resume?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 12:18:50 AM »
FFS, pick one.  These are contradictory to each other, let alone to the video evidence.
Yeah, ya think?

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 02:40:21 AM »
Age restricted - requires sign in.  :facepalm: [barf]

Ticked me off, too.  I guess I'm too old to watch it.  I  refuse to sign or otherwise ID myself indiscriminately.

From the comments, I guess I'm glad I couldn't.

Y'know, I'm going to recommend we start routinely capturing any "dicey" videos and articles so we can bring them up later anyhow, and screw copyright laws. 

I'm sick and tired of the revisionism and censoring that's been going on all over the 'net nowadays.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 03:00:54 AM by 230RN »

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 08:03:40 AM »
Ticked me off, too.  I guess I'm too old to watch it.  I  refuse to sign or otherwise ID myself indiscriminately.

You boomers need to learn to emulate me and my fellow kids here on APS and make throw away accounts for yourselves.  =)
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 09:46:51 PM »

From the comments, I guess I'm glad I couldn't.

Y'know, I'm going to recommend we start routinely capturing any "dicey" videos and articles so we can bring them up later anyhow, and screw copyright laws. 

I'm sick and tired of the revisionism and censoring that's been going on all over the 'net nowadays.

while there is an awful lot of crud out there, there is some good content too.
I signed up for youtube ptemium and , it is a relief not being subjected to commercials and stuff, but pretty soon I may sign up for whatever the premium thing is for odysee and rumble too- recently on youtube, Ferfal, the modern survivalist well known amongst friends of friends , had a video up that was critical of the latest itineration of pedophiles preaching please please, had his video removed but odysee had no issue ...

ANYWAY 
dog was trained to attack
  no freaking way! that dog wasn't trained at all - it seemed like a naive dog that just wanted to sniff the dudes shoes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2023, 09:54:50 PM »

ANYWAY    no freaking way! that dog wasn't trained at all - it seemed like a naive dog that just wanted to sniff the dudes shoes

Well, they can't very well report that an armed fireman was doing narcotics raid on a licensed grow and got all flustered when a tethered dog came to sniff him so he shot it. For further inquiries about the fireman please address all inquiries to the BATFE, where he has been recruited to become a stellar agent if his ability to shoot dogs is any indication.

bob

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2023, 11:05:42 PM »
That video is hard to watch. 

The dog moved toward the one officer.  I didn't see a wagging tail or anything.  It looked like the guy wanted to grab the dog before it happened, but was ordered not to by the officers.  It doesn't appear they had any other plan other than shooting it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2023, 03:21:09 PM »
I watched it on a big screen, and I can't tell you how frothing mad it made me.

The police engineered a situation that allowed them to shoot the dog.  They also let the dog bleed out in pain while keeping it's owner away and unable to provide any comfort to the poor thing.

To push me further along the "*expletive deleted*ck all law enforcement" path, none of the other officers there even offered a "WTF?" to trigger happy Barney.  They were all like "shrug, I guess that dog is going to die." If 99% of cops really were good, that they would refuse to work with or near this supposedly rare trigger happy bad apples.

I thought all day about this after watching the video in the morning, and the nicest thing I can come up with is if that officer comes out of his house one day and eats a 5.56 round on his porch, I'd consider it just.

AGREED !!
Considering also that the "cop" that shot him did NOT try and back away first, then hearing that poor animal's squalling made want to jump that "pig" and rip his throat out with my bare teeth.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2023, 08:54:02 PM »
AGREED !!
Considering also that the "cop" that shot him did NOT try and back away first, then hearing that poor animal's squalling made want to jump that "pig" and rip his throat out with my bare teeth.

IKR!! he only had to back up a foot or two, something seriously wrong with that guy. He should not be allowed to a gun and probably knew someone who got him in because he couldn't pass the psyche test