Author Topic: Oh, boo hoo  (Read 999 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Oh, boo hoo
« on: May 22, 2023, 02:01:10 AM »
https://news.yahoo.com/florida-law-puts-brake-hiring-034412712.html

Here's an article apparently trying to make everyone cry crocodile tears because people who have been living and working in the U.S. illegally for decades may soon find themselves unable to work.

Would someone please explain to me why I am supposed to feel sorry for these people? If they wanted to live the American dream, they could have applied for a green card and come here legally -- as my late wife did. I feel zero sympathy for them.

"All the politicians want their share of the cake and we pay the cost," Perez says. "We came here to work, send money to our families, spend it here and pay taxes. This is unfair."

If the law prevents them from holding jobs, they say they will leave Florida and start from scratch elsewhere in the United States. They will adapt, once again.

Returning to their home countries is not in their plans. Family members rely on their remittances and, in Altamirano's case, returning to live under Daniel Ortega's authoritarian government in Nicaragua is untenable.

I'm sure somebody must have done s study on how much money illegals are siphoning out of our economy by sending a big chunk of their [illegal] earnings back to relatives in their native countries but, if so, I haven't seen it.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 03:02:48 AM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
Re: Oh, boo hoo
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 07:59:19 AM »
But . . . but . . . but . . . they've been breaking the law (multiple laws!) for so long, don't they deserve a break for not being law abiding?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 09:54:02 AM »
Leftists have zero respect for the rule of law.  None. Lefists don't respect any legitimate source of authority.  It is part of their moral makeup (see Jonathan Haidt's moral foundations theory).

That is why they have no problems with illegal immigration, riots, voter fraud, violating the bill of rights, and so on, as long as it promotes leftism.

The sooner all conservatives realize this the better.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 09:54:55 AM »
Leftists have zero respect for the rule of law.  None. Lefists don't respect any legitimate source of authority.  It is part of their moral makeup (see Jonathan Haidt's moral foundations theory).

Well they sure love passing new ones.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 10:09:46 AM »
The rule of law means that laws apply equally to all and should be obeyed by everyone.  Leftists don't mind passing laws that advance leftistism.  However...

They will happily violate any law, including their own, if they think the ends justify it.

The ends justify the means, no matter how many babies/kulaks/landlords you have to kill and so on.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 10:24:21 AM »
Like we have talked about before, this is what happens when you allow this stuff to linger for so long without putting a stop to it. 

Most people I have spoken to who came in legally don't have kind words to say about those who did not.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 07:14:25 PM »
. . . Most people I have spoken to who came in legally don't have kind words to say about those who did not.
I've been privileged to know quite a number of immigrants, including some who were the most honest, hardworking, and patriotic folks you could imagine, PROUD to be naturalized American citizens.

NOT ONE was an illegal alien. Nor did any of them support illegals.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain