Author Topic: Reparations now!  (Read 5134 times)

Kingcreek

• friend
Reparations now!
« on: May 22, 2023, 10:15:57 AM »
There is a lot of new attention to reparations not just in crazy California but elsewhere across the country. Rep Cory Bush (Missouri) the hoochie mama of hypocrisy, is calling for a 14 Trillion dollar federal reparations program.
If you are new to the concept, “reparations” is money taken from working tax payers that never owned slaves, and given to people who were never enslaved.
After careful consideration, I realized that I was a victim of reverse discrimination over 40 years ago, paid my taxes for many years, and now self identify as a descendant of black slaves. (Actually, there is some question about the true heritage of my paternal grandfather who was known locally as “black Luther” despite being part of a Swedish community on the Nebraska prairie)
So I eagerly await my rightful reparations payment.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2023, 11:50:49 AM by Kingcreek »
What we have here is failure to communicate.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Re: Reparations now!
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2023, 11:41:49 AM »
Family tradition talks about one of my great great grandmothers as being "black Dutch". I want my reparation money.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2023, 12:23:55 PM »
I want my gov't cheese!
7-11 was a part time job.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2023, 12:39:58 PM »
I want my gov't cheese!

Lurvs me some government cheese.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2023, 12:54:04 PM »
Stuff melted great and made really nice grilled cheese sammiches.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2023, 03:58:00 PM »
Unfortunately, if you're a continually employeed hard working individual you are almost always on the "paying" side, not the "getting paid" side.

It was kind of a surreal experience when I got a covid shot "what, free?  So you're going to send me a bill later, or...?"

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 04:16:35 PM »
I'm looking forward to the runaway inflation that's going to occur after those trillions of dollars in reparations are paid out.  That will be so much fun!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2023, 05:49:11 PM »
I want my gov't cheese!
I don't know if it was meant for me, but I grabbed some free government nacho cheese once, I actually thought it was cheddar, but as I was leaving I heard a voice yelling after me "Hey Man, dat nacho cheese!"
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2023, 05:51:35 PM »
I don't know if it was meant for me, but I grabbed some free government nacho cheese once, I actually thought it was cheddar, but as I was leaving I heard a voice yelling after me "Hey Man, dat nacho cheese!"

ba-DUM-tish.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 07:24:58 AM »
"It was kind of a surreal experience when I got a covid shot "what, free?  So you're going to send me a bill later, or...?""

Uh oh... Nick is one of THEM now...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2023, 08:57:48 AM »
"It was kind of a surreal experience when I got a covid shot "what, free?  So you're going to send me a bill later, or...?""

Uh oh... Nick is one of THEM now...
No reparations this decade.  The BigGov decided to pay reparations to the pharma companies instead. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2023, 09:00:46 AM »
They pass reparations
After the usual government handling fees your share comes to 37¢. Remember to include that in your income tax return. Have a nice day.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2023, 04:56:39 PM »
No reparations this decade.  The BigGov decided to pay reparations to the pharma companies instead.
They had slaves?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2023, 05:12:57 PM »
They had slaves?

ssshhh.  Not as far as you know.   :-X 

Wait, are you asking about Big pharma or BigGov?  With BigGov, I guess the answer is obvious. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2023, 08:04:07 PM »
I meant to ask if they were slaves?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2023, 09:02:49 PM »
We're all slaves of the capitalist system. Now where's my money?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 10:59:49 AM »
Fire up the printers and give them their money. What's the worse that can happen?

Oh

- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 11:08:01 AM »
Fire up the printers and give them their money. What's the worse that can happen?

Oh

Zimbabwe is the most miserable country in the world according to an annual “misery index" that judges nations on mainly economic conditions.

The east African country beat war-torn Ukraine, Venezuela and Syria to the top spot amid soaring inflation.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/world-news/2023/05/22/zimbabwe-ukraine-russia-uk-most-miserable-countries/

So hyperinflation is taking off . . . again. I'll bet a lot of residents there - black as well as white - are pining for the good old days when the country was called Rhodesia.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 12:54:50 PM »
Gandalf The White Returns As Gandalf The Black Upon Hearing About $1 Million Reparations
https://babylonbee.com/news/gandalf-the-white-returns-as-gandalf-the-black-upon-hearing-about-1-million-reparations
- Calvin and Hobbes

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 07:39:01 PM »
So in my simple mind I wonder...
IF the enslaved ancestors had instead been left happily free and living in mud huts scratching out a few peas and dried fish, would their modern descendants be living better now? I'm not suggesting slavery is in any way moral or acceptable, but could the current reparations activists have actually benefitted from the plight of their ancestors?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2023, 08:27:50 AM »
I think the answer is obviously yes.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

HankB

• friend
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2023, 09:35:16 AM »
So in my simple mind I wonder...
IF the enslaved ancestors had instead been left happily free and living in mud huts scratching out a few peas and dried fish, would their modern descendants be living better now? I'm not suggesting slavery is in any way moral or acceptable, but could the current reparations activists have actually benefitted from the plight of their ancestors?
Slavery was ghastly, and a massive war ended it over 150 years ago. This is 2023, not 1750. Just compare the standard of living of people with African ancestry who live in the USA TODAY with the standard of living of people who currently live in Zimbabwe, Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, Burundi, Rwanda, Chad . . . and on and on and on. THAT is the legacy of slavery in a systemically racist country. Also consider migration patterns of people who are voting with their feet - where are people coming from and where are they going to.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2023, 10:41:59 AM »
Reparations were paid in full at Shiloh, Antietam, Gettysburg and a thousand other places.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #23 on: May 25, 2023, 10:58:17 AM »
Reparations were paid in full at Shiloh, Antietam, Gettysburg and a thousand other places.
Excellent point.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2023, 12:16:39 PM »
Slavery was IS ghastly, and a massive war ended it in the USA over 150 years ago. This is 2023, not 1750. Just compare the standard of living of people with African ancestry who live in the USA TODAY with the standard of living of people who currently live in places where human slavery is still rampant, Zimbabwe, Congo, Nigeria, Somalia, Burundi, Rwanda, Chad . . . and on and on and on. THAT is the legacy of slavery in a systemically racist country. Also consider migration patterns of people who are voting with their feet - where are people coming from and where are they going to.

Adjusted that for you.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams