Author Topic: Sounds Like a Normal Day in America  (Read 3251 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Sounds Like a Normal Day in America
« on: September 28, 2023, 08:54:13 AM »
The Washington Post putting the bubble they live in on display by assuming this only happens in Texas.  :laugh:

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/09/27/wapo-makes-startling-discovery-texas-has-a-lot-of-guns-n2387825

Neighbors tuck guns into bedside tables, cars and trucks. They take guns fishing, to church, the park, the pool, the gym, the movies — even to protests at the state Capitol. The convention center hosts gun shows where shoppers peruse AR-15s and high-capacity magazines outlawed in other states. Texas billboards offer an endless stream of advertisements for ammunition, silencers and other accessories.

It has been legal here to openly carry long guns like rifles for generations. But Texas’s gun-friendly attitude isn’t just a relic of the Old West and ranching: Many restrictions on handguns were loosened only recently. Two years ago, state lawmakers gave those 21 and older the right to carry handguns without a permit; in 2015, they gave those with concealed handgun permits the right to carry on public college campuses. ...

Unlike California and some other blue states, Texas has no state firearm sales registry, no required waiting period to buy a gun, no red flag law guarding against the mentally ill or violent having weapons, no restrictions on the size of ammunition magazines and no background checks for guns purchased in a private sale.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Sounds Like a Normal Day in America
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2023, 09:18:07 AM »
Quote from: Washington Post
. . . Texas billboards offer an endless stream of advertisements for ammunition, silencers and other accessories . . .

Endless?

I've lived in Texas for over 25 years, and in all that time I've only seen a few - very, very few - billboards advertising gun-related stuff. Usually right near the gun shop that bought the ad. And wherever the billboards advertising silencers are, I haven't seen them.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain