Author Topic: Wow, sometime actions DO have consequences  (Read 4594 times)

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Wow, sometime actions DO have consequences
« on: May 23, 2023, 06:00:43 PM »
Triggered lib arts professor finds herself un-professored after expletive filled tirade which included threatening a reporter with a machete.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/professor-holds-machete-reporters-neck-after-destroying-students-pro-life-display

I am genuinely shocked the college actually booted her. I figured they'd hemhaw around and find some way to sweep it under the carpet.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Wow, sometime actions DO have consequences
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 06:13:30 PM »
She will end up with a gig at MSNBC teaching DEI or as a guest panelist on The View.

bob

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2023, 06:23:48 PM »
Adjunct assistant professor....

Essentially a non-entity in the collegiate system.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2023, 06:56:10 PM »
She could perform abortions, or gender-affirming care.  She's got that machete.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2023, 07:04:58 PM »
I thought Hunter College had a decent academic reputation. Why in the world would they employ ghetto trash like that, even as an "adjunct assistant" professor?

Rhetorical question. I know the answer: DEI
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2023, 07:21:21 PM »
I thought Hunter College had a decent academic reputation. Why in the world would they employ ghetto trash like that, even as an "adjunct assistant" professor?

Rhetorical question. I know the answer: DEI

Harvard used to have one of those "decent academic reputation" things too.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2023, 08:33:28 PM »
Harvard used to have one of those "decent academic reputation" things too.

This whole country used to have one of those decent reputation things.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 09:39:28 PM by Perd Hapley »

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2023, 09:07:17 PM »
She's suing the NYPD for "abusing" her

In other developments, it also emerged Rodriguez is currently embroiled in a legal saga against the NYPD over allegations officers abused her when she was arrested in the Bronx during a George Floyd protest in June 2020.

Rodriguez, who is the lead plaintiff in the lawsuit, claims she suffered nerve damage from being zip-tied when she was nabbed and put in a prisoner van with 14 other protesters.

The lawsuit claims Rodriguez was attacked by cops while trying to leave the protest.

Officers allegedly pulled her hair, shoved her face into a gate and repeatedly punched her in the stomach, according to court filings.

NYC college professor who threatened Post reporter with machete is fired as her lawsuit against NYPD emerges
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/nyc-college-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-who-threatened-post-reporter-with-machete-is-fired/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2023, 09:12:04 PM »
In some jurisdictions threatening someone with a machete can get you legally unalived.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2023, 10:57:51 PM »
She's suing the NYPD for "abusing" her

NYC college professor who threatened Post reporter with machete is fired as her lawsuit against NYPD emerges
https://nypost.com/2023/05/23/nyc-college-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-who-threatened-post-reporter-with-machete-is-fired/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
I can easily believe she fought with the cops and provoked that response.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2023, 12:02:25 AM »
This whole country used to have one of those decent reputation things.

:sigh:

Too true. That even applies to my high school.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2023, 07:00:17 AM »
I don't see any indication that she's facing charges for threatening someone with a deadly weapon.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2023, 09:27:44 AM »
I don't see any indication that she's facing charges for threatening someone with a deadly weapon.
Had an identical threat taken place with the positions of the two people involved reversed, you can BET that not only multiple charges would have been filed by multiple jurisdictions, the usual suspects would be organizing rallies and "mostly peaceful protestsTM" would be breaking out.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2023, 10:12:18 AM »
Had an identical threat taken place with the positions of the two people involved reversed, you can BET that not only multiple charges would have been filed by multiple jurisdictions, the usual suspects would be organizing rallies and "mostly peaceful protestsTM" would be breaking out.

By positions do you mean ideology or race?  Because there's plenty of videos of white liberals getting physical (admittedly, the machete is farther out there than most incidents) with black or Hispanic Conservatives, and the liberals get away with it.  The Conservatives are always "White Supremacist's" regardless of color.

If you mean had a conservative of any color attacked a leftist there would be riots and marches, then you are correct.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2023, 10:56:56 AM »
By positions do you mean ideology or race?  Because there's plenty of videos of white liberals getting physical (admittedly, the machete is farther out there than most incidents) with black or Hispanic Conservatives, and the liberals get away with it.  The Conservatives are always "White Supremacist's" regardless of color.

If you mean had a conservative of any color attacked a leftist there would be riots and marches, then you are correct.
I was thinking specifically of a supposed male white conservative (or moderate) holding a machete to the throat of a female black marxist.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2023, 06:49:53 PM »
Playing the race/sex/victim card
All she knows and it's worked for her in the past. Hopefully that ends with this but the cynic in me is saying the college will be issuing an apology soon

The Manhattan college arts professor who was fired after threatening a Post reporter with a machete and cursing out anti-abortion students claimed Wednesday that she’s the victim — arguing the school had “capitulated” to racists and misogynists by terminating her.
With her firing, Rodriguez said the school had “capitulated” to “racists, white nationalists, and misogynists.”

“As much as this incident has stakes for my life, it is ultimately just one part of a broader political struggle taking place across the country,” she said.

“Right wing media organizations are weaponizing and sensationalizing this case to further their agenda, and using me as a prism through which to project their attacks on women, trans people, black people, Latinx people, migrants, and beyond.”
https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/fired-nyc-professor-shellyne-rodriguez-says-shes-the-victim-after-machete-threat/?utm_source=youtube&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=nypost
« Last Edit: May 24, 2023, 08:48:10 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2023, 07:53:52 PM »
So American black nationalism has graduated from "I can't breathe," to "I can't not attack people I disagree with, or keep from putting a machete to their throats." That's wonderful.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #17 on: May 24, 2023, 08:43:36 PM »
Would have been funny as hell to see her intended victim take the machete away from her and shove it up her arse.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2023, 09:13:32 PM »
Would have been funny as hell to see her intended victim take the machete away from her and shove it up her arse.

In a lot of the country, that's exactly what would have happened, or she would at least have been easily disarmed, holding the machete the way she was. Of course in a lot of the country, while she might have still gotten away with using her big mouth, she wouldn't dare do the machete trick.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2023, 09:49:32 PM »
As I mentioned earlier, in many jurisdictions threatening someone with a deadly weapon, and a machete is a deadly weapon, is a good way to legally get yourself disalived.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2023, 09:57:32 PM »

Unarmed peaceful black activist savagely attacked by nazi racist white national supremacist with assault machete while shouting "this is MAGA country!". 30 seconds after the attack Trump still has not condemned the attack.
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2023, 10:52:02 PM »
she's lucky he is one of those soft reporters, old school newyorkers would have broken that arm for her
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #22 on: June 27, 2023, 09:56:28 AM »
Update

The District Attorney’s Office in the Bronx has set a disposition date for Shellyne Rodriguez, a machete-wielding New York City professor who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter, Fox News Digital has learned.

Playing the usual cards

She told ARTnews that the college "capitulated" to "racists, white nationalists, and misogynists."

Machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened NY Post reporter gets court date
https://www.foxnews.com/us/machete-wielding-nyc-professor-who-allegedly-threatened-ny-post-reporter-gets-court-date
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2023, 10:03:41 AM »
Well that didn't take long

A New York City college art professor who was filmed pulling a machete on a reporter's neck and bullying pro-life students from another school seems to have landed on her feet again just four months after being fired.
But now, barely four months on, Rodriguez has landed a role at Cooper Union.
She is listed as an adjunct professor on the school's website, and is also on the fall semester list of professors.

NYC professor Shellyne Rodriguez lands new job at Cooper Union four months after being fired for holding machete to a reporter's throat and bullying pro-life students at Hunter College
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12570789/Shes-landed-feet-NYC-professor-Shellyne-Rodriguez-lands-new-job-Cooper-Union-four-months-fired-holding-machete-reporters-throat-bullying-pro-life-students.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2023, 10:45:34 AM »
Well that didn't take long

NYC professor Shellyne Rodriguez lands new job at Cooper Union four months after being fired for holding machete to a reporter's throat and bullying pro-life students at Hunter College
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12570789/Shes-landed-feet-NYC-professor-Shellyne-Rodriguez-lands-new-job-Cooper-Union-four-months-fired-holding-machete-reporters-throat-bullying-pro-life-students.html
If I were a hiring manager I would add Cooper Union to the (growing) list of schools I wouldn't recruit potential employees from - quite bluntly, if they hire crazies like this to teach, I have zero confidence in their academics.