Author Topic: George Soros hands control over to his son Alex  (Read 1042 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
George Soros hands control over to his son Alex
« on: June 11, 2023, 10:22:43 AM »
Who's even more left leaning and political than his father. Has been to the White House 14 times in just over a year.
Has vowed to make sure Trump is not reelected.
Tiny ray of hope in that he considers speech on collage campuses too restricted.

'I'm more political': George Soros, 92, hands reins over to son, Alex, who promises to push more than $1.5BILLION a year to back liberal causes and far-left candidates
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12182829/George-Soros-hands-reins-son-Alex-promises-push-funding-liberal-causes.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 10:44:07 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• It's like swimming to shore in an ebb tide.
  • friend
  • Pushing back. Help me out, here...
Re: George Soros hands control over to his son Alex
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 11:33:49 AM »
Same puzzle:  Why is someone so rich and tied in with capitalistic money-making so dedicated to Communism?

For a while I thought it was so that they could be assured of high positions in the Communist hierarchy when it finally wins.  But even as I said it, it didn't seem right.

? ? ?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 11:42:05 AM »
Same puzzle:  Why is someone so rich and tied in with capitalistic money-making so dedicated to Communism?

For a while I thought it was so that they could be assured of high positions in the Communist hierarchy when it finally wins.  But even as I said it, it didn't seem right.

? ? ?

Don't think it's so much a love of communism but rather more a seething hatred of the US
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 12:42:32 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 01:02:03 PM »
Pulling up the ladder so others can’t have the same opportunities they had to compete with them?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 03:13:11 PM »

? ? ?

I recently read about the Russian Revolution.  There was a moderate party (the Cadets)... and they would donate to the communist terrorists, get them out of jail and so on.  Perhaps because they had a common enemy.

After Lenin took over, he had them shot.