Author Topic: DEI run amok  (Read 1276 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
DEI run amok
« on: June 14, 2023, 12:02:38 AM »
Why would ANY university need to spend $32 MILLION dollars in one year on diversity, equity, and inclusion?

https://apnews.com/article/university-wisconsin-diversity-budget-legislature-b99f099f70e467ae924ef1e18f3dbc84

Why not just put a notice on the university's web site that everyone is welcome, based on their academic ability? That should cost what, maybe 50 bux?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Re: DEI run amok
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2023, 01:37:01 AM »
Because there is 23 million to spend obviously. And if any of you patrons, board of visitors, or rube parents dare question us then you're obviously cisbigot racist colonizers. What do we actually do at our six figure diversity jobs? Well glad you asked RACIST!
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

griz

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2023, 07:30:51 AM »

Why not just put a notice on the university's web site that everyone is welcome, based on their academic ability? That should cost what, maybe 50 bux?

Your assumption would be reasonable if universities were still about academics.  That was then, we've moved past that outmoded thinking.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2023, 07:44:24 AM »
Coming up with imaginary solutions to imaginary problems requires a lot of real money.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2023, 10:32:18 AM »
$32,000,000 wasn't actually set on fire or flushed down the drain, it ended up in SOMEONE'S pocket.

Probably several "someones."

Which IMHO was unquestionably the intent.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2023, 10:52:24 AM »
$32,000,000 wasn't actually set on fire or flushed down the drain, it ended up in SOMEONE'S pocket.

Probably several "someones."

Which IMHO was unquestionably the intent.
A new department of highly paid professionals plus benefits costs some money.  Then add in a bunch of grants to university groups to conduct surveys and research (which include a cut to the administration/overhead).  Then add in outside grants/contracts to 3rd parties (owned by people affiliated with the university I am sure).  Then add in the typical waste and abuse as all the employees know it is a bunch of BS but they have to spend their budget that year.  They are like the worst of the lottery winner stories.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2023, 10:55:32 AM »
Go to the BLM finances thread and see the latest posts on how they've burned (burnt?) through money

https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=64300.0
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2023, 12:05:11 PM »
Your assumption would be reasonable if universities were still about academics.  That was then, we've moved past that outmoded thinking.

Exactly. A casual observer might wonder why DEI doesn't get the entire budget, at some universities.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 03:07:36 PM »
It all makes sense once you realize that they detest white men, conservatives, and Christians (and not necessarily in that order).

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2023, 03:23:13 PM »
Many have gotten rich peddling hate
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2023, 03:50:24 PM »
That is probably only consistent result of the whole thing. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2023, 05:26:11 PM »

Jesse Jackson and his Rainbow Coalition.

They claim to want to end racism. They have no financial incentive to ever end racism. Way too profitable for them.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2023, 11:01:48 PM »
Jesse Jackson and his Rainbow Coalition.

They claim to want to end racism. They have no financial incentive to ever end racism. Way too profitable for them.

They probably need to start the race war again because all these other grievance groups are hurting the bottom line.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.