Author Topic: It's a Family Tradition  (Read 306 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: It's a Family Tradition
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 08:32:07 PM »
Typical modern "Nothing is my fault" attitude.

"Oh my God. I just can’t believe this happened to me.… Why me?"

Reality check, sweetie -- it didn't "happen to you" -- you brought it on yourself. Nobody made you drink three times the legal limit and then try to drive. You made a choice -- which turned out to be an incredibly poor choice, but YOU made it, so don't blame anybody else, or cruel fate.

It sounds like her father may be the only one in the family with his head screwed on straight:

Komoroski's father reportedly told her to "suck it up" and "get tough" during the call from the Charleston County Jail, according to the outlet.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2023, 04:32:01 PM »
It may be that alcoholism runs in that family.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2023, 07:09:58 PM »
It may be that alcoholism runs in that family.  :facepalm:

Actually, there didn't seem to be any suggestion that alcohol played a part in the mother's accident. She was driving on a road when the wind shifted and blew smoke from the fire across the road, obscuring the road from the drivers. I'm a bit surprised that the mother was convicted of anything, under the circumstances.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design