Author Topic: Woke & broke in Lubbock  (Read 884 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Woke & broke in Lubbock
« on: May 26, 2023, 03:00:02 PM »
A new coffee shop in Lubbock TX went full woke, and somehow, it did not work for them. They had to close.

https://thefederalist.com/2023/05/26/texas-coffee-shop-known-for-family-friendly-drag-events-handing-out-plan-b-like-candy-closes-doors-after-backlash/

"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
Re: Woke & broke in Lubbock
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2023, 05:46:57 PM »
Yeah, they went full and unapologetically Militant Left in the most public of ways. Not the greatest business model in a solidly conservative region.

SWBMO and I never went there but several of her friends/family did before the owners deep-dipped and started running people off. Said it was a cool place with a neat vibe.

Brad
« Last Edit: May 26, 2023, 06:01:48 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2023, 09:49:42 PM »
I heard someone say that 2016 seemed to drive a lot of people to a point of near insanity.  I don't see that anything has really changed since. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2023, 09:53:46 PM »
I heard someone say that 2016 seemed to drive a lot of people to a point of near insanity.  I don't see that anything has really changed since.

Considering what I've already seen come out of the MSM and the woke mob on both Trump and DeSantis I think 2024 is going to ramp that up a lot.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2023, 07:42:52 AM »
Considering what I've already seen come out of the MSM and the woke mob on both Trump and DeSantis I think 2024 is going to ramp that up a lot.

I can't wait...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.