Author Topic: Suicide by jet engine  (Read 792 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Suicide by jet engine
« on: June 26, 2023, 03:30:57 PM »
On June 23rd a ramp worker was sucked into a jet engine and killed. It's been determined they did it on propose

Airport worker ‘ingested’ into plane engine in Texas died by suicide, medical examiner’s office says
https://www.cnn.com/2023/06/25/us/san-antonio-airport-worker-death/index.html

UPDATE Ramp Worker Intentional Sucked Into Jet Delta 1111
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrDP3Om5vR8
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Suicide by jet engine
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2023, 04:17:33 PM »
Is the medical examiner the one who has to make that determination?  Seems like something you couldn't determine from "medical evidence" whatever that is in this case. 

Is this the case we saw some limited video of not too long ago?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2023, 04:19:04 PM »
Don't they test for that like water, geese, hail, etc. being sucked into the engines?

Here's an etc.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2023, 04:21:27 PM »
Don't they test for that like water, geese, hail, etc. being sucked into the engines?

They do test for different types of foreign object ingestion in jet engines.  They don't include suicidal ramp worker ingestion, however.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2023, 04:29:38 PM »
They do test for different types of foreign object ingestion in jet engines.  They don't include suicidal ramp worker ingestion, however.

Thanks.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2023, 04:31:51 PM »
After being sucked into a jet engine, wouldn't the remains basically be pink slime with bone chips?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2023, 04:34:10 PM »
At least it was probably quick.

Seems a little hard on the poor Airframe & Powerplant guys that have to rebuild that engine now.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2023, 05:01:31 PM »
Thanks.

If you get a moment, do a search on the UTubze for jet engine testing.  They have a few videos of chickens and the like being fired into running engines.  Interesting videos.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2023, 05:40:52 PM »
Of course the first thing I thought of:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXuhtZ9lh9A
"I make love to men daily, but in the imagination."
                         - Barack Obama

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2023, 05:48:20 PM »
Is the medical examiner the one who has to make that determination?  Seems like something you couldn't determine from "medical evidence" whatever that is in this case. 

Is this the case we saw some limited video of not too long ago?

Sorry, I mistakenly thought the CNN article mentioned it but in the video he says it was reported by two sources a note was found.

And it's a new one, this just happened Friday
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 06:18:52 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2023, 06:12:23 PM »
If you get a moment, do a search on the UTubze for jet engine testing.  They have a few videos of chickens and the like being fired into running engines.  Interesting videos.

Again, thanks.  Just so you know, I'm familiar with what you're suggesting.  My original "question" about testing was based on that.  I'm reminded of the story about the Brits wanting to know how we tested aircraft windshields for when the plane hits birds.

Our response was we had a compressed air gun which blew chickens against the test windshields at varying velocities.  The Brits tried that but were concerned that every single chicken broke the windshields.  After much discussion and investigation, we finally had to tell the Brits to quit using frozen chickens.

On the cleaning question, I suppose they could just fly the thing through a couple of heavy rain clouds.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 26, 2023, 06:29:53 PM by 230RN »

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2023, 08:12:14 PM »
Had one survive that on my ship but before my time. First good thing is with the engines he encountered the first set of blades are stators. But it didn’t still suck his brain out his ears because his helmet and flashlight FOD’d the motor out. They put him on the ships TV within hours, looked like he went 12 rounds with a hungry mike Tyson.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2023, 09:31:42 PM »
Had one survive that on my ship but before my time. First good thing is with the engines he encountered the first set of blades are stators. But it didn’t still suck his brain out his ears because his helmet and flashlight FOD’d the motor out. They put him on the ships TV within hours, looked like he went 12 rounds with a hungry mike Tyson.

Was that the A-6 guy?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2023, 12:06:44 AM »
Was that the A-6 guy?

Yes. the film was quite popular onboard. Also making the rounds were 8x10" glossies of E-2 guy. Not as lucky as A-6 guy, parts of gray matter made it 5 levels above the flight deck. Ripped the spinal cord right out of the spine.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 27, 2023, 01:22:01 AM »

Heard that exact same story from a meat-space friend that served in the Navy before college.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2023, 06:50:25 AM »
Jump into a jet engine, or visit the Titanic on a homemade sub...

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2023, 06:55:20 AM »

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2023, 04:12:41 PM »

Decisions, decisions ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2023, 04:17:34 PM »
Decisions, decisions ...

Jump into a blender and die in a horrible gruesome manner or be dead and gone in a millisecond. Not a tough choice.
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2023, 04:18:00 PM »

One of those is a hell of a lot cheaper to arrange. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2023, 12:41:52 AM »

>:D Don't forget wood chippers !  >:D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”