Author Topic: You should give up freedom for safety.  (Read 330 times)

RoadKingLarry

• friends
You should give up freedom for safety.
« on: June 28, 2023, 09:51:51 PM »
Tulsa, Ok police chief tells us we need to give up some freedoms for safety.
I say Berkley on the Arkansas needs a new police chief and the mayor that appointed him also need to be run out of tow on a rail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--7p_pIJj6s&t=12s
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

JTHunter

• friends
Re: You should give up freedom for safety.
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:07:19 AM »
“They that can give up essential Liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither Liberty nor safety.” - - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: You should give up freedom for safety.
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2023, 07:27:11 AM »

If giving up freedoms make you safe then prisons must be the safest places on earth.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes