Author Topic: Whistleblower: Govt has multiple alien craft  (Read 1482 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Whistleblower: Govt has multiple alien craft
« Reply #25 on: June 07, 2023, 07:29:28 PM »
What if you were to go back about 2,000 years and take an AED with you?  Imagine what a difference that could have made for a guy name Lazarus.

Not much of a difference, it turns out.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: June 07, 2023, 07:58:54 PM »
I’m convinced that the distances are just too great for any intelligent aliens that might exist to visit us, or us them.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2023, 08:21:51 AM »
Even if we did get ahold of a "flying saucer" it may not do us much good other than beyond giving us proof someone is out there.
Lets says they're a mere 1,000 years ahead of us and 1k years is nothing, actually more likely they could be closer to a million years ahead of us. But lets stick with just 1k for the moment. Take a modern smart phone back 1,000 years to 1023 AD. What would they make of it? Beyond seeing that it lights up when this button is pushed and it asked for a pass key there's really nothing more they could do with it or understand. Even just the outer case materials would be totally beyond anything they can imagine yet alone produce. And how about what's going on inside even if they did get inside of it. They would  completely lack the tech to even examine the chips or even start to understand what they do. You would have to get to at least the early 20th century if not the mid 20th for someone to even begin to understand what they're holding.

Heck it wasn't even until the late 19th century humans were even aware of the existence of radio waves. What could they be using we're not even aware of similarly? Think how much of our current techs replies on something that until relatively recently humans weren't even aware it existed.

Don't get me wrong, it could gives us an idea of what direction to go in but beyond that maybe not much
A smartphone in 1023 would be regarded as "witchcraft" or "the devil's work" and probably destroyed by fire. Today even advanced technology would be regarded as, well, technology.   The biggest danger would come from inadvertently causing an explosion, release of dangerous nanites, or something else of the sort.

Alien ships that were so advanced we couldn't comprehend anything about them probably wouldn't be crashing all over the place.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2023, 09:22:09 AM »
I agree with cordex.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2023, 10:05:50 AM »
Distance is a big barrier to overcome, but if their tech is so far beyond ours we can't understand it, then we have no way of knowing if that barrier is as big to them as it is to us. 

However, we can't even be certain they exist so it isn't all that productive to take that question very far. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2023, 04:29:27 PM »
'Extraterrestrials Don't Exist,' Says Pentagon Spokesman From Behind Alien Facehugger
https://babylonbee.com/news/extraterrestrials-dont-exist-says-pentagon-spokesman-from-behind-alien-facehugger

Government Considers Releasing Space Aliens In San Francisco Where They Won’t Be Noticed
https://babylonbee.com/news/pentagon-considers-releasing-space-aliens-in-san-francisco-where-they-wont-be-noticed
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2023, 11:07:41 AM »
Okay, this read like it came straight out of a tabloid

A top US intelligence officer claims World War II American forces retrieved a UFO that crashed in Italy in 1933 – and Italian researchers say they have the documents to prove it.

Former top National Reconnaissance Office staffer David Grusch shocked the world last month when he revealed he had blown the whistle in sworn testimony to Congress and government watchdogs, about an alleged secret US program that has obtained multiple 'non-human' flying saucers.

Grusch claims one of these alien spacecraft crashed in Northern Italy in 1933, and was secreted away by Fascist dictator Benito Mussolini, before it was captured by American forces at the end of World War II and shipped to the US.

DailyMail.com understands Grusch was briefed on the supposed June 1933 crash by a staffer who allegedly worked on the 'non-human' craft in a secret US government program.

EXCLUSIVE: Italian researcher shares extraordinary evidence files of world's 'first' UFO crash - 14 years before Roswell - and the secret department set up by Mussolini's government to study the craft that was later captured by US forces
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12252381/Italian-researcher-shares-evidence-files-secret-UFO-crash-Italy.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2023, 01:50:17 PM »
Non-shopped, non-AI generated CGI video and/or pictures or it didn't happen.  Hell, it didn't happen anyway.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2023, 02:03:15 PM »
For me to even start to believe it I'd have to personally go "hands on".  I want first hand XRF testing (after I've been trained to use it).

either that or if Mike Rowe says it's legit I'd be good.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2023, 06:26:23 PM »
Okay, this read like it came straight out of a tabloid

EXCLUSIVE: Italian researcher shares extraordinary evidence files of world's 'first' UFO crash - 14 years before Roswell - and the secret department set up by Mussolini's government to study the craft that was later captured by US forces
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12252381/Italian-researcher-shares-evidence-files-secret-UFO-crash-Italy.html

There certainly seem to be a lot of ooo-fos that go down hard.  They award contracts to lowest bidder on Zeta Retriculi just like here?

I'm thinking psyop.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2023, 08:44:21 PM »
I’m convinced that the distances are just too great for any intelligent aliens that might exist to visit us, or us them.

Needles in haystacks would be infinitely easier to find.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2023, 02:20:00 PM »
A smartphone in 1023 would be regarded as "witchcraft" or "the devil's work" and probably destroyed by fire. Today even advanced technology would be regarded as, well, technology.   The biggest danger would come from inadvertently causing an explosion, release of dangerous nanites, or something else of the sort.

Alien ships that were so advanced we couldn't comprehend anything about them probably wouldn't be crashing all over the place.

To add to your analysis, when we see the devil's work today, we call it progress, and rush it into the public schools.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2023, 08:49:33 PM »
IIRC, Issac Asimov is reported to have said that "Advanced technology, sufficiently advanced, shall be indistinguishable from magic."
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2023, 01:15:59 PM »
IIRC, Issac Asimov Arthur C. Clarke is reported to have said that "Advanced technology, sufficiently advanced, shall be indistinguishable from magic."  "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." 
FIFY   ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2023, 11:10:10 AM »
HankB:

Quote from: JTHunter on July 04, 2023, 06:49:33 PM

IIRC, Isaac Asimov Arthur C. Clarke is reported to have said that "Advanced technology, sufficiently advanced, shall be indistinguishable from magic."  "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

FIFY   ;)

We must play around with gravity and magnetism and electrostatic attraction some more.

Maybe like electromagnetic fields, there are gravi-magnetic or electro-gravitic or breinker-hovical* fields we never noticed.  Perhaps in one of us there exists the genes required to produce another Heinrich Herz. Or perhaps that genetic line was or will be interrupted as a casualty of war.

Terry, 230RN

*Don't ask, I simply made up that name.

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2023, 11:55:27 AM »
. . . We must play around with gravity and magnetism and electrostatic attraction some more . . .
We can generate some decent magnetic and electrostatic fields, but the only way we can play with gravity is by moving around large masses. We can detect the effect of masses we can manipulate, but we're a great many orders of magnitude shy of being able to manipulate masses large enough to have usefully intense gravitational fields to play with. And as for being able to dent space-time to produce artificial gravity fields - we don't know how. As you imply, we're going to need some major breakthroughs - both theoretical and engineering - to get where we'd like to be.

In the same vein, MAYBE we have PART of a theoretical basis for faster than light travel with the Alcubierre drive, but no idea how to actually go about building one. Saying "You just combine some dark matter with unobtainium and do this" just doesn't cut it.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2023, 01:57:27 PM »
We can generate some decent magnetic and electrostatic fields, but the only way we can play with gravity is by moving around large masses. We can detect the effect of masses we can manipulate, but we're a great many orders of magnitude shy of being able to manipulate masses large enough to have usefully intense gravitational fields to play with. And as for being able to dent space-time to produce artificial gravity fields - we don't know how. As you imply, we're going to need some major breakthroughs - both theoretical and engineering - to get where we'd like to be.

In the same vein, MAYBE we have PART of a theoretical basis for faster than light travel with the Alcubierre drive, but no idea how to actually go about building one. Saying "You just combine some dark matter with unobtainium and do this" just doesn't cut it.

We can't just mandate that all commercial buildings have such technology by 2030?