Author Topic: It's not just our southern border  (Read 1182 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
It's not just our southern border
« on: June 15, 2023, 11:24:52 PM »
Greece has a similar problem. "Refugees" from the eastern and southern Mediterranean are flocking to Greece like Cubans used to flock to Florida -- often with similar endings:

https://www.newser.com/story/336532/greece-suffers-one-of-its-biggest-migrant-tragedies.html

So, of course, the bleeding hearts just want to make it easier and safer for these illegal aliens to reach Greece safely -- but Greece is in no position, economically or in terms of infrastructure, to take in the flood of aliens heading their way.

"We are witnessing one of the biggest tragedies in the Mediterranean, and the numbers announced by the authorities are devastating," an official with the UN migration agency says. "This situation reinforces the urgency for concrete, comprehensive action from states to save lives at sea and reduce perilous journeys by expanding safe and regular pathways to migration."

IMHO, that response is totally tone-deaf. From what I hear from friends in Greece, the U.N. isn't doing anything to help these so-called "refugees" except blather about how states that have no responsibility for these people and their condition should become responsible for taking care of them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: It's not just our southern border
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2023, 05:21:35 AM »
"...but Greece is in no position, economically or in terms of infrastructure, to take in the flood of aliens heading their way."

Neither is Denver, or any other city forced to gag on "refugees."

And we just had a Mayor elected on a "care for the homeless" platform.

I swear, it's a "dilute the problem" strategy.  You thin out the problem in the lower border cities by shipping them north.

My theory is they should stay in their own country and solve their own problems there.

The "Statue of Liberty Poem" words have outlived their practicality:
“Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost, to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Those were the days when  we wanted qualified, motivated, valuable new non-criminal potential citizens who would be steeped in American values and opportunities when they became citizens.

You can keep your huddled wretched refuse  nowadays, thank you.

Let us so gird our loins and fight against the evil influx of worthless freeloaders that if America and its United States last a thousand years, men wil still say, "This... was their finest hour!"

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: June 16, 2023, 05:47:53 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2023, 07:31:57 AM »
"...but Greece is in no position, economically or in terms of infrastructure, to take in the flood of aliens heading their way."

Neither is Denver, or any other city forced to gag on "refugees."

Neither is any city in Texas. IMHO at least PART of Brandon's malicious intent is to punish Texas for voting against him.

And it's hard to nail down the cost of illegals - made deliberately hard by politicians who are militantly incurious about the costs. I've seen figures for the cost to educate, medicate, and incarcerate illegals in Texas ranging from 4 billion to 12 billion a year - that's a pretty big range. I'm sure the costs after 2+ years of Brandon are much higher now.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2023, 09:01:37 AM »
In the late 1800's, there was no welfare system.  No free stuff.  People came here for work.  I think a lot of people would still come here for work, but that is not the system we have now.  We could easily fix that issue in one way or another, but too many want to use it as a political tool.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2023, 09:46:40 AM »
Even the ones who come here to work don't do so to really become part of the United States of America. A large chunk of any money they earn here (illegally) gets sent back to their family in the home country, and is thereby removed from the U.S. economy. When my daughter was in school in South America, we used Western Union to send her money. At the time (it may have changed in the last few years) there was a fairly lengthy form I had to fill out to send her money.

But for Mexico? They had a special form -- printed all in Spanish -- titled "Dinero en Minuto" (Money in a Minute). Western Union knew what the game was, but as long as they got their transfer fee they didn't care.

Yep -- still available: https://www.westernunion.com/us/es/restrictions-money-in-minutes.html

Those illegal aliens aren't contributing to the United States, and they don't have any loyalty to the United States. They're just here for the money. Their allegiance lies with their native countries. We don't need those kinds of "immigrants."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2023, 10:06:02 AM »
Funny how it's almost always a Southern or Eastern border. Germany had the same problem with the Turks.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2023, 11:13:27 AM »
Funny how it's almost always a Southern or Eastern border. Germany had the same problem with the Turks.

That's nobodie's business but the Turks.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2023, 11:25:32 AM »
In general we are talking about countries in the West in the Northern hemisphere.  So that is only natural.   =)
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2023, 01:20:23 PM »
In general we are talking about countries in the West in the Northern hemisphere.  So that is only natural.   =)

Well, yeah, but my point being that nobody wants to migrate to the shithole countries, as Trump would say.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."