Author Topic: *Cough* Thanks *Cough* Canada *Cough*  (Read 1080 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: *Cough* Thanks *Cough* Canada *Cough*
« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2023, 10:15:11 AM »
Look out and you would think the neighbors house is on fire.
Anyone else here getting this?

Amusing that you ask if anyone else is getting it and then post a map of who's  getting it.

By the map, if "here" is eastern Ohio, my Son1 is getting some whiffs of it. 

We've got our own smoke "here," thank you, Canadian imports not necessary.  And we get enough trash from California every once in a while.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2023, 10:42:08 AM »
Not to hijack this thread, but . . .East Dundee? Decades ago when I still lived in Chicago there used to be a rifle range there - I think it was called Fox Valley Range. (This was back in the '70s.) Pretty big place, associated gun shop. Is it still there or has it been paved over into another subdivision during the intervening years?

Don't know about the Fox Valley Range (I go over the Fox River just before I turn off), but GAT Guns is about a half mile down from the customer I go in to see.  (Not often, once very 2-3 months usually).  I'l usually drop in to GAT Guns when I start back.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2023, 10:46:52 AM »
And never at any point did the article say why this was supposed to happen.  I was waiting for a global warming appeal, but I didn't get it. 

They didn't mention the Texas Gulf Coast either.  I guess we will only reach broiling temps down here.

Same old story:  Find or generate the slightest anomoly, blow it out of proportion, sell a fear-mongering article on it.

As far as a direct Global Warming Appeal is concerned, that's not necessary.  All that is needed in the grand Leftist strategy is successive impacts relating to  one of their pet issues.

As one of the greatest advertising experts of all time once said as early as the 1930s, "Throw an impact out there often enough and it becomes the truth."

Can't remember offhand who that was, but that's why advertisments are repeated (at great expense) time and time and time again, to generate links in peoples' minds.

Terry, 230RN

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.