Author Topic: Ban Those Wood Stoves  (Read 3603 times)

cordex

• Administrator
Re: Ban Those Wood Stoves
« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2023, 07:45:43 PM »
But, do they want us to win?  Or choose electric because it’s cheap?
Of course not. Hence why they aren’t making electricity cheap.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2023, 08:23:07 PM »
Everyone with an ounce of common sense knows that modern nukes are the answer. Even most mainstream dem politicians in DC know it, but they won't rock the boat for fear of the squad and their ilk and the far left whackos.

Even then, the big fight would be streamlining the permitting process to create a reasonable timeframe to startup, and the EPA is basically an enemy combatant who would be fighting that from the inside, nevermind all the NGO lawsuits.

Only way we get a bunch of new nuke power plants is if somehow DC can eliminate the ability for enviros to cripple them in litigation over permitting.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #27 on: July 07, 2023, 09:31:10 PM »
Only way we get a bunch of new nuke power plants is if somehow DC can eliminate the ability for enviros to cripple them in litigation over permitting.
DC pays the groups that are doing the suing. it's how they get around the legislative obstacles.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: July 08, 2023, 01:54:28 PM »
I have absolutely no doubt that they'll be coming for my pellet stove sooner rather than later.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #29 on: July 08, 2023, 11:18:26 PM »
I have absolutely no doubt that they'll be coming for my pellet stove sooner rather than later.

They won't have to come for your stove. They will regulate pellets out of existence.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2023, 11:52:46 PM »
They won't have to come for your stove. They will regulate pellets out of existence.

That’s why I like real wood stoves.  Can’t regulate trees out of existence.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2023, 09:03:16 AM »
That’s why I like real wood stoves.  Can’t regulate trees out of existence.
They can outlaw possessing firewood. They can outlaw gathering firewood. They can outlaw cutting firewood on your own land, citing Wickard vs. Filburn.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2023, 09:05:38 AM »

Either or, doesn't matter. The effect is the same.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.