Author Topic: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"  (Read 7940 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Jason Aldean, "Try That in a Small Town"
« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2023, 05:44:59 PM »
NYT says that vigilante songs are okie doke as long as they're aimed at whitey, and you're racist if you call them out.

https://twitchy.com/gordon-kushner/2023/08/04/songs-about-killing-people-are-always-wrong-not-so-fast-says-the-new-york-times-n2386006

I also still view with interest the talking point that Aldean's song is racist, since he's (IMO) talking more about antifa type stuff, and most of them are rich white kids.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #51 on: August 07, 2023, 01:14:22 AM »
I first heard of the song from this thread.  I listened to it and really got the "us vs them" as a rural/urban divide.  I didn't see any racism in it personally.

Perhaps there's a certain worldview which sees racism in everything they find objectionable.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #52 on: August 07, 2023, 07:58:03 AM »
Anything that the left doesn't like is automatically racist.

That's how you know you've won the conversation with a leftist.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2023, 01:33:56 AM »
And we have another, Oliver Anthony - Rich Men North Of Richmond"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSA-SY5Hro
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #54 on: September 11, 2023, 07:42:09 AM »
Hand them a one way ticket to N.Korea

A group of communist revolutionaries burned multiple American flags outside a Jason Aldean concert in Chicago on Saturday night, according to videos of the incident.

The protesters were raising awareness of RevCom (Revolutionary Communist Party), which believes in creating a Marxist revolution in America, calling the USA "the belly of the beast." The RevCom activists burned American flags before police "declared an unlawful assembly and said their activism ‘alarmed and disturbed others,'" according to News2Share, who captured the videos.

"The Revolutionary Communist Party… has taken on the responsibility to lead a revolution in the U.S., the belly of the imperialist beast, as its principal share of the world revolution and the ultimate aim of communism," RevCom's website said.

The group's manifesto praises Mao for what it believes his use of the "scientific method" and some aspects of his Cultural Revolution.

Communist revolutionaries burn American flags outside Jason Aldean concert, claiming 'America was never great'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/communist-revolutionaries-burn-american-flags-outside-jason-aldean-concert-claiming-america-was-never-great

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #55 on: September 11, 2023, 09:23:07 AM »
"The group's manifesto praises Mao for what it believes his use of the "scientific method" and some aspects of his Cultural Revolution. "
So they admire a bloodthirsty butcher who deliberately engineered the mass murder of more people than Hitler and Stalin combined.

This group isn't just sick, it's nauseatingly grotesque.   [barf]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain