Author Topic: THE 1300 MILE LAWN  (Read 677 times)

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
THE 1300 MILE LAWN
« on: July 30, 2023, 07:08:37 AM »
THE 1300 MILE LAWN

I came across a picture of the clear-cutting along the border between Canada and the US and looked it up.  It's called "The Slash" and is kind of interesting reading in Wiki.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canada-United_States_international_border_vista

I reckon the crest of that next ridge is about 3 miles away.  What's your guess?

Just for a Sunday tidbit.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

HankB

• friend
Re: THE 1300 MILE LAWN
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2023, 09:06:47 AM »
I've read that in border regions with Canada there's a LOT of unofficial "cross border" traffic that routinely goes on - not just on land, but on some of the Great Lakes as well.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2023, 12:34:37 PM »
When I was living in Browning Montana there was a border crossing near a rock called Chief Mountain. Between that crossing and east to Del Bonita crossing was a popular place to stroll across the border. There was one group of oriental women who were picked up in Canada that had tried the crossing at night and gotten lost and wandered back into Canada before they were caught. Good thing, let the Canadians take care of them. I used to go up very close to the border and hunt coyotes, I would call them in from the Canadian side and cancel their Visa as soon as they hit the US side :).

bob

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 01:13:00 PM »
I have been at the border clear cutting in the North Cascades between Washington and Canada, and there may be pictures of me standing in the middle straddling both countries.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2023, 05:40:54 PM »
I have been at the border clear cutting in the North Cascades between Washington and Canada, and there may be pictures of me standing in the middle straddling both countries.

Scofflaw.

=D
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2023, 01:23:46 AM »

Thrill seeker.

=D
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2023, 10:14:37 AM »
Looks a lot like some places here in Missouri, except we have power lines running down the middle...
Blog under construction

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2023, 11:06:30 PM »

That's like being 4 states when visiting "4 Corners".  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2023, 09:05:33 AM »
I once stood on the Continental Divide and peed on both sides of it while Wife1 played lookout.  In theory, I can claim I peed in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans at the same time.

Yay, me! 

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: August 02, 2023, 10:43:32 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.