Author Topic: Jacksonville Dollar General shooting  (Read 6426 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Jacksonville Dollar General shooting
« on: August 26, 2023, 08:41:48 PM »
Looks like this one is going to get a lot of media coverage and they were super quick in releasing info, fits their narrative

"Plainly put, the shooting was racially motivated and he hated black people," Waters said.

Waters said the shooter had authored "several manifestos," with one to his parents, another to media, and a separate one to federal agents, adding that portions described the suspect's "disgusting ideology of hate."

The sheriff said that the suspect texted his father, telling him to check his computer at 1:18 p.m. His father called the Clay County Sheriff's Office at 1:53 p.m., but by that time, the suspect had begun the shooting in Jacksonville.

Florida 'racially motivated' shooting leaves 4 dead, including shooter at Jacksonville Dollar General store
https://www.foxnews.com/us/florida-shooting-dead-including-shooter

Jacksonville Dollar General shooting leaves four people dead including gunman whose assault rife was covered in Nazi swastikas for 'racially motivated' attack
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12449101/Multiple-dead-Florida-Dollar-General-store.html

« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 09:01:50 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Jacksonville Dollar Tree shooting
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2023, 08:49:22 PM »
Oh yea, the only thing it doesn't have is it being committed with a "ghost gun". It will have some serious legs by tomorrow morning. I guarantee talk of an AWB will be the headliner on all of the talking head shows on Sunday morning, rather than the real issues that cause these types of events.

bob

WLJ

• friends
Re: Jacksonville Dollar Tree shooting
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2023, 08:57:35 PM »
Oh yea, the only thing it doesn't have is it being committed with a "ghost gun".

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the media and pols run with that anyway.
Glock 20 10mm shown in the pics as well.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Jacksonville Dollar General shooting
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2023, 09:02:32 PM »
Changed Dollar Tree to Dollar General in the title
« Last Edit: August 26, 2023, 09:31:59 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2023, 09:12:21 PM »
Well, this won't go well. I was just a couple of hours ago browsing PSA kits. Whether anything comes of it or not, I bet there's gonna be some kind of "mail order" push.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2023, 08:58:00 AM »
Questions where/how he got the firearms.

Photos of the weapons the gunman had were shown by authorities, including one firearm with swastikas drawn on it. While it remains under investigation whether the gunman purchased the guns legally, the sheriff said they did not belong to the parents.

“Those were not his parents’ guns,” Waters told reporters Saturday. “I can’t say that he owned them but I know his parents didn’t – his parents didn’t want them in their house.”
The shooter was the subject of a 2017 law enforcement call under the state’s Baker Act, which allows people to be involuntarily detained and subject to an examination for up to 72 hours during a mental health crisis.

Waters did not provide details on what led to the Baker Act call in that case, but said normally a person who has been detained under the act is not eligible to purchase firearms.

“If there is a Baker Act situation, they’re prohibited from getting guns,” he told CNN. “We don’t know if that Baker Act was recorded properly, whether it was considered a full Baker Act.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/27/us/jacksonville-florida-shooting-sunday/index.html

- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2023, 10:04:51 AM »
Slight tangent, but this manifesto was found and made publicly available immediately? Where's the Nashville tranny's manifesto?
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2023, 11:26:09 AM »
Slight tangent, but this manifesto was found and made publicly available immediately? Where's the Nashville tranny's manifesto?

Undoubtably “found” by the same agency that wrote it.

Which was the same one that recruited him and provided the guns.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2023, 02:03:15 PM »
Neckbeard alert
Lived with his parents which seems to fit a pattern.

Ryan Palmeter seen on video entering Jacksonville Dollar General to start mass shooting that killed three people in racially-motivated attack
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12449875/Florida-Dollar-General-store-shooter-Ryan-Palmeter-21-identified.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2023, 02:14:48 PM »
Looks and walks like someone who spent all of his time playing COD and eating

Video released of mass shooting in Jacksonville store
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN-36G8AHqQ
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2023, 02:35:06 PM »
The gunman, identified as 21-year-old Ryan Christopher Palmeter, bought a handgun in April and an AR-15-style rifle in June, the sheriff said. He lived with his parents in nearby Orange Park and had no criminal arrest history, although he had been involuntarily held under the Baker Act in 2017, the sheriff said.

“In this situation, there was nothing illegal about him owning the firearms,” he said.

But that conflicts with this

Waters did not provide details on what led to the Baker Act call in that case, but said normally a person who has been detained under the act is not eligible to purchase firearms.

“If there is a Baker Act situation, they’re prohibited from getting guns,” he told CNN. “We don’t know if that Baker Act was recorded properly, whether it was considered a full Baker Act.”
https://www.cnn.com/2023/08/27/us/jacksonville-florida-shooting-sunday/index.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2023, 03:11:14 PM »
Undoubtably “found” by the same agency that wrote it.

Which was the same one that recruited him and provided the guns.

And conveniently dead.

Dollars to donuts his social media is scrubbed by now.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2023, 09:45:00 AM »
They're upset the sheriff is not pushing the narrative so someone felt the need to point out what he was suppose to say

Jacksonville sheriff: "There’s absolutely no evidence the shooter is part of any large group.”

Or he COULD have said:

“There’s growing evidence the shooter is part of a wider movement of domestic terrorists inspired by conspiracies, bigotry, and far-right political leaders.”
    — Miles Taylor (@MilesTaylorUSA) August 27, 2023
SNAKE Miles Taylor shaming Jacksonville sheriff for NOT politicizing shooting BACKFIRES (pun intended)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/28/miles-taylor-sheriff-gunman-n2386636
« Last Edit: August 28, 2023, 10:04:23 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2023, 09:58:17 AM »
And surprise! It's DeSantis's fault

Ron DeSantis is savagely booed off the podium at vigil for three black people killed in Florida Dollar Store racist mass shooting - as one resident shouts: 'Your policies caused this!'
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12451841/Ron-DeSantis-booed-Dollar-Store-racist-mass-shooting.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2023, 02:58:17 PM »
A Neo-Nazi who killed three black people at a Dollar General store in Jacksonville 'snapped' after he stopped taking his medication days before the massacre, a neighbor has claimed.

Combine this with the conflicting info on whether or not he could legally buy a gun. What are the laws on this and buying guns?

Walters said a federal civil rights investigation has been launched, and officials are treating the shooting as a possible hate crime and act of domestic violent extremism.

He's dead, what more can you do to him?

Neo-Nazi gunman Ryan Palmeter who shot dead three black people in Jacksonville Dollar General 'snapped after coming off his medication days before massacre', neighbor claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12453735/Ryan-Palmeter-Jacksonville-Dollar-General.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2023, 04:24:22 PM »
One of the news reports I heard made a brief comment about this shooter having been "committed" at some point in the near past (less than 2 years I think).  I don't remember if they said if it was "voluntary" or not.  I have not heard any confirmation of this since that one report.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 06:33:51 PM »
Biden's team jumped on this a lot faster than they jumped on Maui.

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2023/08/28/president-bidens-jacksonville-remarks-ring-hollow-on-social-media-n2386661

It appears in this case, it's important to identify the WHITE gunman.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 06:59:49 PM »
Biden's team jumped on this a lot faster than they jumped on Maui.

https://twitchy.com/rickrobinson/2023/08/28/president-bidens-jacksonville-remarks-ring-hollow-on-social-media-n2386661

It appears in this case, it's important to identify the WHITE gunman.

No comment
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 08:05:15 PM »
May have had a bigger target in mind before the Dollar General.

Prior to the shooting, the gunman had been turned away from the campus of a nearby historically Black university, Edward Waters University. There, he refused to identify himself to an on-campus security officer and was asked to leave, the university stated in a news release.

“The individual returned to their car and left campus without incident. The encounter was reported to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office by EWU security,” the school said.

Jacksonville assailant found a soft target after security scared him away from the first
https://bearingarms.com/ranjit-singh/2023/08/28/jacksonville-assailant-found-a-soft-target-after-security-scared-him-away-from-the-first-n74200
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 09:09:09 PM »

Neo-Nazi gunman Ryan Palmeter who shot dead three black people in Jacksonville Dollar General 'snapped after coming off his medication days before massacre', neighbor claims
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12453735/Ryan-Palmeter-Jacksonville-Dollar-General.html

"Days before"?  Wonder what the med was, and if he'd really been taking it.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2023, 05:42:41 PM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2023, 06:31:40 PM »
More Swalwell

Eric Swalwell DEMANDS government ban and 'buy back' ALL assault weapons and HELLOOOOO-LOL backfire
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/08/29/eric-swalwell-buy-back-guns-n2386674
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2023, 07:17:12 PM »
One of the news reports I heard made a brief comment about this shooter having been "committed" at some point in the near past (less than 2 years I think).  I don't remember if they said if it was "voluntary" or not.  I have not heard any confirmation of this since that one report.
I saw that as well.  I don't remember seeing how long or if it was just an evaluation or not.  The article seemed to think it might mean he should have not passed a background check.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2023, 07:44:02 PM »
Wouldn't expect anything else from MSNBC

MSNBC: Jacksonville shooting shows Ron DeSantis is the poster boy for systemic racism
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/08/29/msnbc-jacksonville-shooting-shows-ron-desantis-is-the-poster-boy-for-systemic-racism-n2386703
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #24 on: August 30, 2023, 10:39:24 AM »
But wait, there's more

Steve Peoples
@sppeoples
Ron DeSantis scoffed when the NAACP issued a travel advisory this spring warning Black people to use “extreme care” if traveling to Florida.

Just three months later, DeSantis is leading his state through the aftermath of a racist attack that left three African Americans dead. Black leaders in Florida — and across the nation — say they’re outraged by his actions and rhetoric ahead of the shooting. My story w/ Brendan Farrington. https://apnews.com/article/jacksonville-desantis-racist-republican-shooting-haley-scott-9bba89577ae8d0571e1d19b6a947fef5
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/08/30/erick-erickson-notes-url-on-aps-trash-piece-on-desantis-and-shooting-makes-it-even-more-shameless-n2386709
- Calvin and Hobbes