Author Topic: Have you seen me? F-35 edition  (Read 2180 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Have you seen me? F-35 edition
« Reply #25 on: September 20, 2023, 02:59:48 PM »
Some speculating the plane was hacked remotely.

I can't speak on that but meanwhile The Babylon Bee is on the case.

In a Babylon Bee exclusive, new evidence has been obtained that provides further insight as to how an F-35 fighter jet could disappear and remain missing until its wreckage was discovered. New images reveal the plane was outfitted with the latest stealth technology, including a pair of thick-framed glasses and comedically large, prosthetic nose.

Exclusive: Babylon Bee Uncovers Why F-35 So Hard To Find
https://babylonbee.com/news/exclusive-babylon-bee-uncovers-why-stealth-plane-so-hard-to-find
« Last Edit: September 20, 2023, 04:32:46 PM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #26 on: September 20, 2023, 04:30:38 PM »
"The stand-down is needed, the Corps continued, 'to ensure the service is maintaining operational standardization of combat-ready aircraft with well-prepared pilots and crews.' "

That fairly drips with the idea that they know what stupid mistake was made and want to make sure their other pilots don't repeat it.

They also used the time-tested mask of "Can't talk, ongoing investigation."

That drips of the notion, "It's too stupidly embarrassing to let everyone know about the dumbity."

Yeah, yeah, there could be real security issues involved, but boy, I can't help thinking that when I hear that excuse.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #27 on: September 20, 2023, 04:39:41 PM »
I think Brass is responding to a feeling of safety lack between the Hornet and Osprey that went down last month and this.  The USMC Aviation field isn't all THAT big, and three aircraft lost in 6 weeks is a big deal, not to mention the dead and wounded Marines.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #28 on: September 20, 2023, 04:41:08 PM »
Actually a safety stand down is a common occurrence in military aviation. We would have one at least 2x a year with one of them right before the winter holiday season. In this case the Marines have had 3 Class A mishaps, ( Total Property Damage, Fatality/Injury. A, $2,500,000 or more and/or aircraft destroyed, Fatality or permanent total disability), in 6 weeks with a loss of life in two of them. I can fully understand the need for them to stop, step back and hold the stand downs. It help every one reset their thinking. It not only involves the fliers but the groundpounders (staff, admin, maintenance) as well.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2023, 07:30:57 AM »
 :rofl:

Citizen Free Press
@CitizenFreePres
Local man describes F-35 crash.

Yes, this is real.

Warning you may want to have your volume turned low to not scare any pets in the house or have the neighbors call the police

https://twitter.com/CitizenFreePres/status/1704353364086067627?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2023, 10:10:33 AM »
Actually a safety stand down is a common occurrence in military aviation. We would have one at least 2x a year with one of them right before the winter holiday season. In this case the Marines have had 3 Class A mishaps, ( Total Property Damage, Fatality/Injury. A, $2,500,000 or more and/or aircraft destroyed, Fatality or permanent total disability), in 6 weeks with a loss of life in two of them. I can fully understand the need for them to stop, step back and hold the stand downs. It help every one reset their thinking. It not only involves the fliers but the groundpounders (staff, admin, maintenance) as well.

bob

Oh, I was just being a jerk and re-emphasising my hatred of that "ongoing investigation" ploy by officials to blanket any embarrassing details in a case.

That ole boy has a great screen presence and ought to play with the idea of an entertainment career.  I wonder if any agents are contacting him.  Apart from his ability to imitate a plane crash.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: September 22, 2023, 10:24:49 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: September 23, 2023, 10:39:02 AM »
The 911 call from the home where the pilot landed after ejection. The 911 operator is totally lost.  :rofl:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1705241281704648958

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/09/22/bizarre-listen-to-the-911-call-after-f-35-pilot-ejected-over-south-carolina-n2387618

Some of the comments are also funny, like how would 911 react to a call about the zombie apocalypse?  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2023, 12:11:30 PM »
^^^Having worked with dispatch in my Medic One days, they do have to go down the triage checklist to ensure they are dispatching the correct resources and so the first responders know what they are walking into.  I did like the questions about the fall was 2000 feet.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2023, 12:12:59 PM »
^^^Having worked with dispatch in my Medic One days, they do have to go down the triage checklist to ensure they are dispatching the correct resources and so the first responders know what they are walking into.  I did like the questions about the fall was 2000 feet.

Is there a spot on the triage checklist to argue with you about which county you actually live in before sending someone? Because that’s my experience with 911.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2023, 10:18:41 PM »

Every once in a while the standard questions CLEARLY don't fit the situation.

It's kind on like when you go to Auto Zone to buy a taillight bulb and the counter dweebs HAVE to ask if it's a 4-cylinder, 6-cylinder or 8-cylinder engine and if it's a standard or automatic transmission before they can look up the correct light bulb, because the software won't allow them to proceed without that information.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2023, 10:23:25 PM »
Is there a spot on the triage checklist to argue with you about which county you actually live in before sending someone? Because that’s my experience with 911.

^^^ Yep.

I once wanted to test the advice that cell phones that don't have a contract can still call 9-1-1. I dialed the non-emergency telephone number for my local PD and asked the dispatcher if it would be okay for me to make a trial call to 9-1-1 to see if it would go through. The dispatcher told me to go ahead, and thanked me for asking first.

So I picked up a "burner" cell phone that I use for playing with apps, and dialed 9-1-1. The call was answered promptly ... by the police dispatcher in the next town. I live near the west side of my town, and I guess the nearest Verizon cell tower is across the line in the adjoining town, so that's where my 9-1-1 call was routed.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design