Author Topic: Kias and Hyundais catching fire  (Read 4517 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Kias and Hyundais catching fire
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2022, 12:02:49 PM »
Well, I refused to get a Kia van a few years ago.  Looks like I was right.

Yeah, because you're a racist! :rofl:

My brother and sister-in-law had an early Kia Sorento that they bought new a couple of model years in, probably 2005 or so.

With the exception of a few issues over the years, the damned thing was virtually bulletproof for them. Well in excess of 200,000 miles.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2022, 12:05:50 PM »
More Hyundai woes
WTF?

Hyundai recalls 239,000 cars for exploding seat belt parts
https://www.wave3.com/2022/05/24/hyundai-recalls-239000-cars-exploding-seat-belt-parts/
Those crafty Koreans found a way to repurpose leftover land mines . . . 
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 12:21:02 PM »
Yeah, because you're a racist! :rofl:

My parents were sort of berating me for not wanting to buy the Kia van.  And then they went out and bought it for themselves.  It was really strange.  They have not done anything like before.

We got a Sienna instead.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2023, 11:37:03 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2023, 12:41:38 PM »
The Kia Boyz are VERY active in St. Louis... Playing GTA:STL like you wouldn't believe... They'll steal something, then drive it to play bumper cars, and when it won't drive any more, they'll steal something else.
Blog under construction

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2023, 10:38:25 PM »
And if that was not enough

Progressive, State Farm refuse to cover certain Hyundai, Kia models due to theft
https://www.wdrb.com/news/business/progressive-state-farm-refuse-to-cover-certain-hyundai-kia-models-due-to-theft/article_2144dab8-a10d-11ed-80fb-93321f066900.html

Steve Lehto recently did a video on YouTube about the Kia/Hyundai theft problem. He reported that one (or both?) of the manufacturers is making steering wheel locks available to the owners of the affected models. Curiously, though, they are sending the locks to police departments rather than to their dealers, who would be the people who know best who bought the cars.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2023, 07:46:05 AM »
Three anti-crime organizations have asked the social media platform to remove “how to” videos showing how to steal Kia and Hyundai cars.

A simple search on YouTube gets you several videos showing how people do it.

The National Insurance Crime Bureau says since these videos have started popping up, police departments across the country are reporting drastic increases in Kia and Hyundai thefts.

Anti-crime organizations asking YouTube to remove videos showing how to steal Kia and Hyundais
https://www.wave3.com/2023/02/01/anti-crime-organizations-asking-youtube-remove-videos-showing-how-steal-kia-hyundais/
« Last Edit: February 01, 2023, 08:02:01 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2023, 08:54:46 AM »
And the troubles continue

The recalls cover multiple models from the 2010 through 2015 model years including Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV and Kia's Sorrento SUV.

Documents posted Wednesday by U.S. safety regulators say the anti-lock brake control module can leak fluid and cause an electrical short, which can touch off a fire while the vehicles are parked or being driven.

The automakers are advising owners to park outdoors and away from structures until repairs are done.

Hyundai and Kia recall nearly 3.4 million vehicles due to fire risk and urge owners to park outdoors
https://www.wdrb.com/news/national/hyundai-and-kia-recall-nearly-3-4-million-vehicles-due-to-fire-risk-and-urge/article_10a47a55-ea47-5d11-8d1f-6dac4274589c.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2023, 09:24:54 PM »
They're not going to notify the individual owners until sometime in Nov.

Kia says in documents that it will send notification letters to owners starting Nov. 14. For Hyundai the date is Nov. 21.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/hyundai-and-kia-recall-nearly-34-million-vehicles-due/ar-AA1hmUqT

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2023, 05:46:35 PM »
The recalls cover multiple models from the 2010 through 2015 model years including Hyundai's Santa Fe SUV and Kia's Sorrento SUV.

That explains why they haven't notified me - I have a 2011 Elantra.  I just rolled over 70,600 yesterday.  =D
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”