Author Topic: Who Will Replace Diane Feinstein, And Will it Matter?  (Read 6257 times)

HankB

• friend
Re: Who Will Replace Diane Feinstein, And Will it Matter?
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2023, 01:20:12 PM »
How long does it take to actually establish legal residency in California? And does it take any documentation like a CA driver's license, utility bills, etc?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2023, 02:32:31 PM »
And she lives in Maryland

But they took care of that little detail
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/02/laphonza-butler-maryland-n2388015

They're scrubbing any mention of Maryland anywhere they can find it
https://twitter.com/ingelramdecoucy/status/1708801259107438647?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Someone stated that under CA law she only has to a resident of CA on the day or before she's sworn in but still, couldn't Newson have found someone who met the require woke criteria in CA? Seems like you can't swing a stick in CA without hitting one.

They don’t have to pay for relocation to DC.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2023, 02:37:20 PM »
https://youtu.be/MSFu90e-6pA?si=4aBuClPh6CkuWpSy&t=15  (I know it's supposed to be the Ames Brothers, or Johnnie Lee Wills)

When I was a toddler, my mother used to play that song on a 33LP record so I would sleep through her doing the vacuuming.  Problem was, it trained me to sleep through loud noises which is why I slept through a fire drill my freshman year of college.  The "horns" in the hallway were only 10-12' from my room.  :facepalm:  :rofl:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2023, 04:17:49 PM »
Comfortably Smug
@ComfortablySmug
Lmaooooo

The new senator from "California" Laphonza Butler just made the list of the most powerful women who live in Washington DC
https://twitter.com/ComfortablySmug/status/1708859668678799390?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Comfortably Smug BUSTS new CA Sen. Laphonza Butler for making this list PROVING she doesn't live in CA
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/10/02/would-you-look-at-that-new-ca-sen-laphonza-butler-just-made-list-of-the-most-powerful-women-in-dc-n2388033
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2023, 08:06:24 PM »
Told Ya it didn't matter.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: October 04, 2023, 06:02:46 PM »
Sworn in

Laphonza Butler sworn in as California’s newest senator
https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/03/politics/laphonza-butler-sworn-in-senate/index.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2023, 02:11:05 PM »
California Senator Grateful For New Job With Short Commute From Home In Maryland
https://babylonbee.com/news/california-senator-grateful-for-new-job-with-short-commute-from-home-in-maryland
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2023, 05:14:45 PM »
Whether conservative or leftist, I'm not convinced that anyone from California is happy to have a carpetbagger in the Senate pretending to represent their interests - whatever they are.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2023, 10:27:57 AM »
Maryland again, this time Schiff

A California Republican House hopeful told RedState she uncovered a scheme by Rep. Adam Schiff (D.-Calif.), who is running for the California Senate seat vacated by the passing of Democratic Sen. Dianne Feinstein, where the congressman reported his Maryland home as his primary residence to secure a lower mortgage interest rate—meaning he either lied on a federally-insured loan document or from 2003 to 2021, he was not a resident of his Burbank district.

HOOOOOOOBOY! Adam Schiff Has Been Up to Some Schiffty, SHADY AF Stuff (And He Just Got CAUGHT!)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/14/hoooooooboy-adam-schiff-has-been-up-to-some-schiffty-shady-af-stuff-and-he-just-got-caught-n2389784
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: November 14, 2023, 05:29:53 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #36 on: November 14, 2023, 06:33:24 PM »
Maryland again, this time Schiff

HOOOOOOOBOY! Adam Schiff Has Been Up to Some Schiffty, SHADY AF Stuff (And He Just Got CAUGHT!)
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/14/hoooooooboy-adam-schiff-has-been-up-to-some-schiffty-shady-af-stuff-and-he-just-got-caught-n2389784

Huh. I seem to remember another Politician in hot water recently for allegedly lying on real estate documents to secure better loan rates.  Hmmm......who was that again?

Anyways I'm sure Rep. Schiff will get the same treatment.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: November 14, 2023, 06:40:31 PM »
Huh. I seem to remember another Politician in hot water recently for allegedly lying on real estate documents to secure better loan rates.  Hmmm......who was that again?

Anyways I'm sure Rep. Schiff will get the same treatment.

Has anyone produced an actual paper trail on the other one? So far all I've seen and heard is accusations but I will admit I've not followed it day by day, my eyes glazed over and I kind of zoned out at some point.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: March 07, 2024, 02:35:01 PM »
It's now between Schiff and Steve Garvey (r)
Last poll I saw had them pretty much tied. Would be great if Feinstein's seat gets flipped
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2024, 02:52:20 PM »
It's now between Schiff and Steve Garvey (r)
Last poll I saw had them pretty much tied. Would be great if Feinstein's seat gets flipped

Garvey might just do it. He's pretty RINO, but that's as far right as you're going to get for an office that represents the entire state. I think independents and even some dems are looking for something new there, especially with the big city crime and drug problems. Garvey will easily win most of the interior counties, but will have to work for the coast, which is why he'll likely have a pretty liberal platform for an R.

Plus Schiff is a mealy-mouthed little rat. If the Ds had someone less smarmy, it would not be neck and neck as it is now. But the best they could come up with as a Schiff alternative was Katie Porter.  :rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."