Author Topic: Who Will Replace Kevin McCarthy, And Will It Matter?  (Read 4092 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Who Will Replace Kevin McCarthy, And Will It Matter?
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2023, 03:17:21 PM »
Congratulations to the new speaker of the house.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2023, 04:23:21 PM »
That trunk looks really strange.  We should demand better of our photoshoppers.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2023, 04:28:03 PM »
That trunk looks really strange.  We should demand better of our photoshoppers.

You're right.  It only has a single opening.  Should have two.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2023, 07:36:36 PM »
Pretty sure it's AI generated. Skynet for the public isn't that bright yet.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2023, 05:04:38 PM »
    Is there an English translation for @GOPLeader McCarthy Floor speech?
    — Rep. Eric Swalwell (@RepSwalwell) November 19, 2021

You prefer it whispered to you in Chinese? https://t.co/gf7us9N7Gm
    — Speaker Mike Johnson (@SpeakerJohnson) November 19, 2021

I like this guy

New Speaker of the House Assassinates Eric Swalwell in One Tweet
https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/10/30/new-speaker-of-the-house-assassinates-eric-swalwell-in-one-tweet-n2389113
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2023, 05:47:35 PM »
I like this guy

New Speaker of the House Assassinates Eric Swalwell in One Tweet
https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2023/10/30/new-speaker-of-the-house-assassinates-eric-swalwell-in-one-tweet-n2389113

It's looking like he's what Trump should have been in regards to comebacks and junior high whining. Trump always did the junior high school girl comebacks. Johnson is making his opponents look like the junior high school girl.

I'm still unsure about him regarding his politics, but I gotta respect a guy with good one-liners who's not afraid to use them. The other R speakers were always pansy reach across the aisle guys.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2023, 04:26:03 PM »
I see that the left is now attacking him for not being rich. And that's NOT the Babylon Bee.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2023, 10:29:19 AM »
I'm still reserving judgement on Mike Johnson.

I still don't know that much about the new Speaker, but based on the increasingly hysterical nature of the attacks on him from the usual suspects on the left, my opinion of him is trending upwards.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2023, 10:33:51 AM »
I'm still reserving judgement on Mike Johnson.

I still don't know that much about the new Speaker, but based on the increasingly hysterical nature of the attacks on him from the usual suspects on the left, my opinion of him is trending upwards.

Because he came out of nowhere, I'm also taking a wait and see. However, I can't see that they were putting up anyone better, or if there is even anyone better in congress right now, and he certainly seems better than a bunch of the guys that they were putting up.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #35 on: November 04, 2023, 10:42:44 AM »
He will probably slow down the bleeding of Trump supporters and those on the right from abandoning the oligarchic uniparty.

The uniparties right flank has lost an incredible amount of credibility since the emergence of Trump. They will throw the right a bone and put a guy up who talks the talk. I wouldn't hold your breath for walking the walk though. Enjoy the crumbs of small, mostly meaningless victories.

The only places the right has really won anything are abortion and guns. With little to no help from congress.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2023, 07:40:33 PM »
The only places the right has really won anything are abortion and guns. With little to no help from congress.

Congress, or the Senate more specifically, confirms judges. Even squishes like McConnell, Murkowski, Collins, and Graham have been instrumental in the historic wins on those two issues.

God works in a mysterious way our rights to restore.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2023, 09:21:55 PM »

"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden