Author Topic: Over/Under on Trump keeping his mouth shut?  (Read 8687 times)

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: Over/Under on Trump keeping his mouth shut?
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2023, 02:58:13 PM »
So as long as it's someone that you despise, it's okay to illegally prosecute them. I hope the bananas taste good in your Republic.

I don't know where you got that. Prosecute them all, I'm sitting here waiting for all the Biden's days in court too. I want them to be gotten after with as much fury as Trump has been.

I'm sorry he's your guy and you can't see beneath gold plated exterior for the piece of human excrement he truly is.

The GOP would have better options if Trump would of just went back to Margo Lago and went back to running his business and brand.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2023, 03:31:02 PM »
I'm sorry he's your guy and you can't see beneath gold plated exterior for the piece of human excrement he truly is.

This is your problem, which is the same problem all the parroting lefties have. Anyone who says what is happening is wrong or that Trump is being railroaded is a Trump supporting superduperultramagafascistnazi. You have only to read my post history to see that I don't want him to run again, so he's not "my guy".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2023, 03:37:50 PM »
Having had high hopes for Trump Ron is dissappoint.

I thought there was an outside chance he was the figurehead for a group of "elites" that wanted to preserve heritage America. Pretty sure I was wrong on that account.

The folks responsible for deconstructing America will not be held accountable by the(ir) system. Biden and a few others may go down as scapegoats but the real center of power will remain.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2023, 04:03:42 PM »
This is your problem, which is the same problem all the parroting lefties have. Anyone who says what is happening is wrong or that Trump is being railroaded is a Trump supporting superduperultramagafascistnazi. You have only to read my post history to see that I don't want him to run again, so he's not "my guy".

I said Trump is only in it for himself and the Trump legacy. Never said nothing about Nazi Maga lizard people.

I am concerned about the Maga or die crowd, is their total blindness of loyalty to Trump.

Trump wins or Trumps loses, there is probably going to be escalated violence in November of 2024. Maybe sooner if he doesn't get the GOP nomination.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2023, 04:29:44 PM »
I said Trump is only in it for himself and the Trump legacy. Never said nothing about Nazi Maga lizard people.

I am concerned about the Maga or die crowd, is their total blindness of loyalty to Trump.

Trump wins or Trumps loses, there is probably going to be escalated violence in November of 2024. Maybe sooner if he doesn't get the GOP nomination.
That is not Trumps fault.

The ruling class has burned the bridges with a substantial minority of the population.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2023, 04:44:08 PM »

Yet apparently not concerned with the "stop Trump or die" crowd, since you seem to be rooting for a conviction, regardless of the means to the end.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2023, 09:50:51 AM »
That is not Trumps fault.

The ruling class has burned the bridges with a substantial minority of the population.

But Trump could have stopped it, He could have said, I don't agree with the election results, the Trump campaign will use the courts to determine if there was any wrongdoing, please don't promote violence, etc.

That isn't Trump, he wants to be in the news every day, good or bad.

Uranus is a gas giant.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2023, 09:57:43 AM »
Yet apparently not concerned with the "stop Trump or die" crowd, since you seem to be rooting for a conviction, regardless of the means to the end.

Great, the what about them rebuttal. I'm guess you are running out of opposing argument (or parroting points from Twitchy)

Trump is a white collar criminal that has screwed a lot of people with his Trump Org, they eventually got Capone on tax evasion, fraud in NY might be Trump's Waterloo.

In regard to your left wing stop trump or die, crowd, its basically kettle calling the pot black. There is no difference on either side of the aisle of the minority groups that are calling for violence to create a change.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2023, 10:00:21 AM »
But Trump could have stopped it, He could have said, I don't agree with the election results, the Trump campaign will use the courts to determine if there was any wrongdoing, please don't promote violence, etc.

That isn't Trump, he wants to be in the news every day, good or bad.
My mistake was to consider him an outsider. In reality he's always been an insider. Nothing works the way we've been led to believe it does. What his actual play was/is we cannot know. Apparently he just developed his positions to create a voting block to gain power. The elections are mostly nonsense but populism is still real. Even he, being an insider, underestimated the power of the entrenched ruling class.

I think your take on Trump is a bit one dimensional and in some ways underestimates him. Regardless, TPTB look to have moved to contain him and possibly end his power grab. Up to this point there doesn't seem to be a faction of TPTB in the shadows running him, but that's still a potentiality also. That he made it so far and is still a force to be reckoned with is a little odd.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2023, 10:12:32 AM »
My mistake was to consider him an outsider. In reality he's always been an insider. Nothing works the way we've been led to believe it does. What his actual play was/is we cannot know. Apparently he just developed his positions to create a voting block to gain power. The elections are mostly nonsense but populism is still real. Even he, being an insider, underestimated the power of the entrenched ruling class.

I think your take on Trump is a bit one dimensional and in some ways underestimates him. Regardless, TPTB look to have moved to contained him and possibly end his power grab. Up to this point there doesn't seem to be a faction of TPTB in the shadows running him, that's still a potentiality also. That he made it so far and is still a force to be reckoned with is a little odd.

I wish more people would have a change of mind on Trump as you have. That would open the door up for some better GOP candidates. Kind of sad when you are just looking at the current 2024 contenders and Nikki Haley and Chris Christie don't look all that bad in comparison to the rest.

Oh, I don't underestimate Trump, I'm not going to be shocked if he manages to win the NY lawsuit, either in the initial trial or the appeal. Same with the GA election results case. The other cases (except 1) seem a bit weak, so I figure he will walk away with no charges. The sedition one is a wild card, I have no clue, depends upon who comes out of the woodwork to testify.

In regard to TPTB, I don't think they can control Trump, he'll be loud until he physically can't or had died. He's 77 years old, so if his health holds up it's 10-15 more years of it.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #60 on: October 22, 2023, 10:41:50 AM »
I don't think there is a chance that an honest person with Americas best interests at heart (as I see them) has any chance at all in the system. Let alone become President.

Closing the borders and revitalizing US manufacturing in industries important to national security was enough for him to get my vote. His interests and mine aligned there apparently.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: October 22, 2023, 10:53:22 AM »
All the following can be true at once:
Trump is hot garbage, self-obsessed, always out for himself first, and like most people who have achieved his level of wealth and celebrity has almost certainly bent or broken laws repeatedly in his lifetime.  He regularly makes bad decisions in speech and action, and is a very flawed and unpleasant person.

Trump is being held to a different standard than most people in the same position for strictly political reasons.  That kind of political prosecution portends the acceleration of the decline of our political system, our legal system, and a relatively peaceful society, and is not something to be celebrated - no matter what one's personal opinion of Trump.  Had Trump been successful in his political prosecution Hillary for her multitude of actual crimes, it would have been a step down the same dark road for the same reasons - even though she soundly deserves such a prosecution.

If a truly non-partisan effort was made to evenhandedly clean up corruption without respect to political party and without being timed and targeted in an attempt to interfere with elections or the political process it could be a good thing.  That is not what is happening here, and trying to pretend that it is just serves to cover for the many politicians who are far more corrupt than Trump but will never be held to account for their crimes.

Charby's pretention to be a centrist, equal-opportunity seeker of justice who is evenly critical of wrongdoing by Republicans and Democrats does not appear to be any more legitimate than De Selby claiming to be a centrist regarding the middle east and pretending to be equally critical of Israeli and Palestinian wrongdoing.  Having an obvious and consistent political axe to grind but claiming to have absolutely pure and apolitical motives is dishonest.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #62 on: October 22, 2023, 10:56:27 AM »
Great, the what about them rebuttal. I'm guess you are running out of opposing argument (or parroting points from Twitchy)

Trump is a white collar criminal that has screwed a lot of people with his Trump Org, they eventually got Capone on tax evasion, fraud in NY might be Trump's Waterloo.

In regard to your left wing stop trump or die, crowd, its basically kettle calling the pot black. There is no difference on either side of the aisle of the minority groups that are calling for violence to create a change.

That's what you are but what am I?

Hard as you try, you're no DeSelby. He's at least articulate when he gives opposing views. You just parrot all the other TDS people. You're like the Bollywood version of DeSelby. Or worse, the Amazon Originals version.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #63 on: October 22, 2023, 11:49:48 AM »
Charbs seems to holds out hope for the system working and doesn't seem to despise the left as much as the right.

I don't see that hope as even remotely possible and I've come around to holding the standard bearers on the "right" in nearly equal contempt to with the left. Not quite but nearly.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #64 on: October 22, 2023, 12:38:03 PM »
Charbs seems to holds out hope for the system working and doesn't seem to despise the left as much as the right.

JMO, but if he was really hoping for the system working, he wouldn't be gleefully posting about the legal system being twisted and manipulated to "Get that Trump, who I hate", or "Ha ha - that 06JAN protestor got 18 years!".

He claims to not support either side, but only attacks one side, and over the last few months it has been closer to trolling.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: October 22, 2023, 02:55:17 PM »
I don't think I am a centralist; I equally loath both parties and their leadership. Trump and Biden are both a lot more centralist than I ever would be.

I hate how special interests have infiltrated the system and they pretty much puppet master everything. Just isn't obvious on the surface because you get loud mouths like Gaetz, AOC, the one from Minnesota, etc. that take the spotlight away from what is really going on.

Trump is the one in the hot seat right now. Hillary has pretty much faded away from the national spotlight, I think she and Bill are both guilty AF for a lot of things, but they were too slick and too connected to be charged in the in.  I also have no reason why Pelosi isn't booted out either, I mean it is pretty obvious to point out how her and her husband's personal wealth has grown exponentially.

Also, Trump if is the GOP nomination will probably secure term number 2 for Biden, which means somewhere in first 2 years, Harris will become the president. 4 more years of stolen election BS and tattooed vegan shaman wearing a bison head dress will do a dance on the President of the Senate's desk.

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #66 on: October 23, 2023, 07:41:40 AM »
I don't think I am a centralist; I equally loath both parties and their leadership. Trump and Biden are both a lot more centralist than I ever would be.
How would you describe yourself politically?  I've always read your "I hate the left and right equally" schtick as trying to imply you are centrist, but here you claim that is not the case.  You've historically said you reject following political pundits and mocked members who repeat something they heard from a right-leaning pundit, but when politically contentious issues come up you almost exclusively seem to parrot the same lines offered by political pundits from the left.

I regularly see you condemn Republicans, religious people, and conservative ideas generally, but much more rarely see you condemn anything on the left.  Of course, that could simply be because our forum tends to lean right on a lot of issues, so maybe you only speak up when your position isn't already being represented. 

Regardless, whenever I've seen you take a position it has almost exclusively been in favor of whatever a relatively moderate Democrat would support that day (a position that keeps shifting farther and farther to the left).  You seem to be uncomfortable with many right-leaning ideas (even though they are not really things that are actually championed by most modern Republicans) like limited government, low taxes, free market, traditional values, patriotism, deregulation, border security, and individual liberty.  On the other hand, however you feel about the Democrat party, you do seem to regularly advocate on behalf of the traditionally progressive ideals of social equality, universal healthcare, environmental sustainability, higher taxes, labor rights, social safety nets, etc.

Just curious how you see yourself politically.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: October 23, 2023, 10:43:33 AM »
Now you can call me a parrot, I decided to honestly answer a Pew Research quiz on political identity. To me no surprise, fits with what my meat space friends and aquintances say about me too.

Ambivalent Right

On issues ranging from the size of the federal government to views about business, gender and race, Ambivalent Right hold many views that are largely consistent with core conservative values. Yet they also hold more moderate stances on several social issues like abortion and same-sex marriage, and they differ from some other segments of the GOP coalition in their more internationalist view of foreign policy and less restrictive stance on immigration.
Ambivalent Right are distinct from other Republican-oriented groups in their views of Donald Trump. While large majorities of each of the other Republican-oriented groups say they feel warmly toward Trump, Ambivalent Right are much less likely to say this. 

Uranus is a gas giant.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: October 23, 2023, 10:45:12 AM »
Interesting.  Thanks.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #69 on: October 23, 2023, 12:37:55 PM »
Now you can call me a parrot, I decided to honestly answer a Pew Research quiz on political identity. To me no surprise, fits with what my meat space friends and aquintances say about me too.

Ambivalent Right

Well this is awkward:

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #70 on: October 23, 2023, 01:14:27 PM »
Well this is awkward:

Parrot because I quoted the Pew Research results

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #71 on: October 23, 2023, 06:52:56 PM »
In what world is that description of someone on the right?

The right has drifted to the left so far that a moderate leftist is described as on the right.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #72 on: October 23, 2023, 07:07:34 PM »
In what world is that description of someone on the right?

It's from the Pew Group. While not far left, they definitely bias left. Their board is made up of Harvard, Georgetown, The New Yorker, etc. No one that you could identify from an entity labeled center or right.

https://www.pewresearch.org/about/our-governing-board/

This is where their political contributions go (99% dem):

https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/pew-charitable-trusts/recipients?id=D000055375

It looks like this is the survey that Charby took:

https://www.pewresearch.org/politics/quiz/political-typology/

I took it and got "committed conservative". Interestingly, I took a quiz from an obviously left leaning site that popped up when I searched for Charby's survey and got center/right/libertarian.  You would think that one would have thrown me to "ultramaga conservative". It all depends on the survey questions.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #73 on: October 24, 2023, 05:14:03 PM »
I've said this before but I'll repeat it.  I have never "liked" or trusted Trump or any politician for that matter.
If he is re-elected, considering how he was treated before, how do you think he will be treated as a "lame duck" president?  It would be better to get at least a "moderate" conservative (is there such any more?) that has a chance at re-election so we can hopefully get 8 years of reasonable leadership.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #74 on: October 26, 2023, 08:37:03 AM »
This is a shocker - the ACLU is backing Trump on the gag order. Which seems fair. I read yesterday that the NY AG was dissing Trump on the social medias regarding the case, which is pretty much what they claimed the gag order was supposed to keep Trump from doing. Goose, gander, yo.

https://twitchy.com/amy/2023/10/25/aclu-files-brief-on-behalf-of-donald-trump-n2389003