Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 38394 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #975 on: March 08, 2024, 01:29:06 PM »
Reports that 5 Palestinians have been killed by falling aid packages:

https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1766072007915909481

Since there were five, is the pilot of the cargo plane considered an ace?
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #976 on: March 08, 2024, 01:33:52 PM »
Reports that 5 Palestinians have been killed by falling aid packages:

https://twitter.com/DrEliDavid/status/1766072007915909481

Since there were five, is the pilot of the cargo plane considered an ace?

If you're going that route Paul W. Tibbets Jr. is probably an ace 25,000x over
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #977 on: March 09, 2024, 03:13:15 PM »
Do think we could get Israel to accidentally nuke Australia?
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #978 on: March 09, 2024, 04:15:53 PM »
Do think we could get Israel to accidentally nuke Australia?

I must of missed it, what did they do?
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #979 on: March 09, 2024, 04:16:17 PM »
Good retort by Brian Mast. What a horrid woman. She's standing right there and can see what terrorists did to him.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1766162360035590217

https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/03/09/brian-mast-code-pink-n2393791
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #980 on: March 10, 2024, 09:46:48 AM »
Oh man, that's absolutely perfect.

Put that up on my faceplace page. That should A) piss off some of my "friends" who apparently believe that Hamas and other terrorists are truly God's chosen soldiers, and B) get me banned... again. :)
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #981 on: March 10, 2024, 10:04:50 AM »
Code Pink, that's a name I haven't heard in a while.
Remember when they hired witches to put a curse on a Marine recruiting station? There was a live feed and the witches were out front dancing. Crazy people.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #982 on: March 10, 2024, 02:21:26 PM »
POTUS announced in the State of The Union that the US would be building a floating causeway and temp port to put logistics into Gaza.  There's only two US Military units that do that:  US Navy SeeBees, or Army Watercraft Expeditionary Brigades.  I wonder who will get the mission? 

US officials told the BBC's US partner, CBS, that there are plans for the pier to be installed by an army unit called the 7th Transportation Brigade, based at Fort Story, Virginia.

The brigade is designed for rapid deployment, but the military ships have not yet left the US, the officials said.

Well at least it's only a Causeway, it's not like we're putting a bunch of US Service members right there on the coast in slow lightly armed landing craft.

If anyone needs me I will be busy not answering my cell phone for a couple months.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #983 on: March 10, 2024, 02:38:36 PM »

So, we're accelerating our attempts to supply our allies' enemy.

Let's go Brandon!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #984 on: March 10, 2024, 03:08:12 PM »
POTUS announced in the State of The Union that the US would be building a floating causeway and temp port to put logistics into Gaza.  There's only two US Military units that do that:  US Navy SeeBees, or Army Watercraft Expeditionary Brigades.  I wonder who will get the mission? 

Well at least it's only a Causeway, it's not like we're putting a bunch of US Service members right there on the coast in slow lightly armed landing craft.

If anyone needs me I will be busy not answering my cell phone for a couple months.

Yikes, man. This link says Army 7th Transportation Brigade and specifically says "US Navy will not play a role". If true, does that mean you're screwed? I'm sure APS can come up with some diabolical schemes to keep them from calling you.

https://twitter.com/ianellisjones/status/1766212601191510087?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1766212601191510087%7Ctwgr%5Ec6320435c5bb9587be8b13f8a1b0c60423747ee4%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Ftwitchy.com%2Fbrettt%2F2024%2F03%2F09%2Fdod-gives-more-details-on-the-gaza-maritime-emergency-corridor-mission-n2393806
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #985 on: March 10, 2024, 03:37:09 PM »
I'm not screwed yet, that's not my BDE, but we are pretty short of people and I'm not looking forward to any cross leveling if this mission lasts longer than 3 months or so.

I know all of the Officers on that boat though.  They just pulled a short straw.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #986 on: March 10, 2024, 06:02:17 PM »
Garand Thumb did an interview this week with two Israeli soldiers (one of them was Lem from Agilite). Similar to his video with a couple of American mercenaries in Ukraine a few weeks back, but I thought this one was more informative. I watched this one from the exercise bike, so can't remember everything without reviewing, but a few interesting nuggets:

Apparently the popular Israeli warfighter personal drone is the freakin' DJI Avata. Lem actually had some Agilite drone pockets made for his plate carrier and carries two of them. They use them to fly into buildings for recon as much as anything else. Much like Ukraine, both Israelis and Hamas are using FPV drones to drop mini-bombs and as kamikazes. All I can say is that between the Ukraine drones and the Gaza drones, anybody here gearing up for American civil war 2 better get them some drones - they seem to be as ubiquitous as tourniquets. The Israelis are of course using military UAS systems as well, but it was interesting that downrange guys were carrying off the shelf commercial stuff.

An interesting note that with all the "recreational" DJI drones, it gets hard to figure out who's drone is who's, since unlike military UAS, you've got no real onboard ID capability. Which leads to...

I didn't catch the name of it, but an Israeli startup is making some smart device that's in limited deployment that attaches to their rifles for auto-targeting. There's gotta be a lot more to activation and use requirements than they briefly talked about, but an example they gave was activating the smart device, holding down your rifle's trigger, and tracking an enemy SUAS (small drone). When the targeting device has a lock on the drone, the rifle fires. From reading between the lines, it's still glitchy, but they have knocked Hamas drones out with their battle rifles.

Apparently Israeli soldiers have to supply their own pistols. One of them had a G19, the other had an M&P. Both were their normal CCW pistols in their civilian lives. They also use lots of US gear which I guess they also bring with them from home. Sounds very Minutemanish.

Anyway, long, but interesting video, if you have the time for it. Most of the gear stuff is in the first 30 minutes.

https://youtu.be/gdQS97fJY4Q

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #987 on: March 10, 2024, 06:15:08 PM »
I wonder if they are jailbreaking them somehow.

My DJI drones ping some kind of mothership for permission to fly before they will take off. If they are too close to sensitive areas or flight paths they won't fly, and they will stop before they enter restricted airspace.

Seems a pretty big liability for a combat weapon.  Plus there's a bunch of RF going between the drone, controller, phone, and cell network. Easy to track.  My Mini 2 controller has a 10 click range.  That's an easy to find signal.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #988 on: March 10, 2024, 06:37:50 PM »
I wonder if they are jailbreaking them somehow.

My DJI drones ping some kind of mothership for permission to fly before they will take off. If they are too close to sensitive areas or flight paths they won't fly, and they will stop before they enter restricted airspace.

Seems a pretty big liability for a combat weapon.  Plus there's a bunch of RF going between the drone, controller, phone, and cell network. Easy to track.  My Mini 2 controller has a 10 click range.  That's an easy to find signal.

Did you recently get yours? I still haven't gotten one, and probably should have pulled the trigger before the new FAA rules, but I remember seeing several youtubz on how to bypass the monitor and spoof your location.

Still, as you say, lots of security holes. We were trying to eliminate dumbass scientists from buying DJIs when I was still working. In fact much like what I'm reading about now, there was supposed to be a blanket prohibition on off the shelf drones (especially DJI) for any fed use back then, but a bunch of the scientists would just buy them off Amazon with their personal CCs.

I kinda understood their point, just like I kinda understand with Joe Average IDF soldier regarding SUAS use. I'm sure it hasn't changed much since I was flying G-drones, and I had to take a two week class at MacDill for the RQ-20s, and then we had a whole big procedure anytime we flew them. I can see why IDF downrange guys might just want to bypass protocols, but it's not great OPSEC. Maybe it's not as big of a deal with the guys they're fighting, but I'm surprised the IDF lets them do it.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #989 on: March 10, 2024, 08:05:36 PM »
I got my two DJIs in the last 6 months. I use them to take pics when I'm camping and stuff.

At work I use the .Gov provided drones, which are completely different creatures.

I've just seen a bunch of COTS drones in recent conflicts,  and I wonder not just about OPSEC, but about near-peer adversaries shutting down or just taking them over.

From recreational use in CONUS, it seems commercial drones are pretty heavily nannyed.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #990 on: March 11, 2024, 05:54:20 AM »
Ben, I think the two pouches on his vest were for drums for the Negev LMG, not drones. I think he said that they had a dedicated drone operator, but he had a different role.

I heard “drone pouch” at first too.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #991 on: March 11, 2024, 07:30:01 AM »
"POTUS announced in the State of The Union that the US would be building a floating causeway and temp port to put logistics into Gaza."

Why not just a floating bridge to the southern US border?

Everyone else is using that as an unlimited free point of entry, why not the Palestinians, too?

It will make it a lot easier for them to get and and jumpstart their demands that the US recognize their new Palestinian state in the US.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #992 on: March 11, 2024, 08:08:10 AM »
Ben, I think the two pouches on his vest were for drums for the Negev LMG, not drones. I think he said that they had a dedicated drone operator, but he had a different role.

I heard “drone pouch” at first too.

Ah, I'll have to rewatch it. I could have sworn he said they were for drones, but then I had the exercise bike noise in the background. Mag pouches would make more sense. They're certainly using drones everywhere, but "two is one" on drones for an individual soldier might be a bit much.   =)

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #993 on: March 13, 2024, 09:06:25 PM »
In case the three or four people who watched the Oscar's was wondering what the bloody hand pin was all about that some of the spoiled over paid brats were wearing

Oscar celebrities accused of wearing 'symbol of bloodlust' originating from Palestinians 'lynching' 2 Israelis
https://www.foxnews.com/media/oscar-celebrities-accused-wearing-symbol-bloodlust-originating-palestinians-lynching-israelis
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #994 on: March 16, 2024, 08:22:50 AM »
Someone thinks a pier is a naval base  :facepalm:

The US has started building its naval base on the ruins of Gaza. This is imperialism in its most naked, barbaric form. pic.twitter.com/gL4pTplkJX
    — Paweł Wargan (@pawelwargan) March 15, 2024

Damned if You do, Damned if You Don't: Emergency Humanitarian Aid Pier in Gaza is 'Imperialism' Now
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2024/03/15/damned-if-you-do-damned-if-you-dont-emergency-humanitarian-aid-pier-in-gaza-is-colonialism-now-n2394031
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #995 on: March 16, 2024, 11:16:04 AM »
I have a headache and I can't take Advil anymore because that would be racist

The Biden administration on Wednesday reapproved a sanctions waiver that unlocks upwards of $10 billion in frozen funds for the Iranian government, according to a copy of the notice submitted to Congress late Wednesday and reviewed by the Washington Free Beacon.

The sanctions waiver—which has drawn fierce GOP opposition on Capitol Hill—allows Iraq to transfer electricity payments to Iran via third-party countries. The sanctions waiver was last approved by the Biden administration in November and set to expire this month, putting the White House in a tight position as a mounting chorus of GOP lawmakers express concern about sanctions being bypassed. The authority granted in the latest waivers allows Iraq to convert dinars into Euros and transfer payments into Iranian banks accounts in Oman.

Then he warns Iran not to send missiles to Russia. Yeah I'm sure they'll listen THIS time  :facepalm:

John Kirby Tries to Explain Why Iran Will Heed Biden's Warnings Even After WH Unlocked $10 Billion
https://twitchy.com/dougp/2024/03/16/john-kirby-explains-why-iran-will-take-wh-warnings-seriously-even-after-unlocking-10-billion-n2394039
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #996 on: March 21, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »
And now the squids are going to join the party off of Gaza to get that floating dock up and running.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your-navy/2024/03/20/navy-sending-sailors-and-ships-to-help-build-gaza-aid-pier/

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #997 on: March 21, 2024, 03:12:03 PM »
Quote from: navy times
The Army and the Navy will utilize the same structure they did during exercises like Exercise Talisman Sabre last year – a joint exercise between the U.S. and Australia where the 7th Transportation Brigade and Naval Beach Group 1 teamed up to establish a discharge facility and causeway.

:laugh: :laugh:

I was at Talisman Sabre.  The boats were late, there was a weather hold, and the causeway ferries kept having maintenance issues.  They moved maybe 15 individual pieces of equipment over the causeway in the space of 5 weeks.  So, maybe adjust that team structure a little.

I'm also not going to flat call the news media liars, I'm sure they are repeating what PAOs have told them, but I have done probably 16 JLOTS or LOTS exercises, with this exact equipment (I've been both Boatswain and Vessel Master of USAV Monterrey which was mentioned in that article) and every one of them needed soldiers/sailors on the shore to place that causeway.  You need to dig a pretty damn big pond to run it up into the beach, then bury the end with bulldozers.  It's unclear who's going to do that.

Edit to Add:  In case anyone googles that boat ^^^, I wasn't on it when they sank it.  That was an active duty skipper named Jones.  Even though they always say it was a "USAR boat" Active sunk it.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #998 on: March 28, 2024, 12:44:24 PM »
Staying classy

The Berkeley City Council wanted to mark Holocaust Remembrance Day & fund educational programs for it

Anti-Israel protesters showed up & interrupted many times, calling councilmen “zio-pigs” & “money suckers”

They also intimidated a Holocaust survivor pic.twitter.com/yYXxMjyaMI
    — Visegrád 24 (@visegrad24) March 28, 2024
https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/03/28/berkley-city-council-antisemites-galore-n2394499
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #999 on: March 31, 2024, 06:46:32 PM »
Okay, wut?

Drew Pavlou 🇦🇺🇺🇦🇹🇼🇨🇾
@DrewPavlou
Hasan attended pro-Palestine protest today and some crazy lady yelled at him and insinuated he was a secret Zionist because he was caught drinking Coke Zero on one of his streams (apparently Coke Zero is ontologically Jewish or something)
https://twitter.com/DrewPavlou/status/1774349093156114930

VIDEO: 'At Least PRETEND!' Pro-Palestinian Political Streamer Hasan Accosted by Crazed Fan over Coke Zero
https://twitchy.com/chad-felix-greene/2024/03/31/video-at-least-pretend-pro-palestinian-political-streamer-hasan-accosted-by-crazed-fan-over-coke-zero-n2394601
- Calvin and Hobbes