Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 52993 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #400 on: October 28, 2023, 08:43:22 AM »
I don't support the Republicans anymore. They're just as nutz as the Dems. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #401 on: October 28, 2023, 08:50:08 AM »
Hamas Leader Appointed Senior Fellow At Harvard University
https://babylonbee.com/news/hamas-leader-appointed-senior-fellow-at-harvard
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #402 on: October 28, 2023, 09:22:26 AM »
I'm old enough to remember when a president ordered all troops out of Syria. Then was undermined in the press and everywhere else by generals and unelected officials until they got what they wanted.

Funnily enough I was in CENTCOM for that.  I too am old enough to remember trying to get all of our gear out of logistics hubs in Syria, and not being given enough time, destroying what we could and letting the enemy have the rest, then I remember watching on Predator feeds as our allies, that we had given our word to help, were pulled out of cars and shot on the side of the road before they could get to safety. Then I remember when POTUS officially changed his order a couple weeks later, sending folks back in to try and build trust and make allies, and a whole bunch of convoy's being blown up because no one trusted us.

Just another perspective.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #403 on: October 28, 2023, 11:47:33 AM »
The president of Accuracy in Media — the right-wing group that drove 'doxxing trucks' to Ivy League schools to expose students who participated in Pro-Palestine activism - has had his home searched by a SWAT team on Friday morning.

Footage shows the dramatic moment heavily armed officers burst into campaigner Adam Guillette's North Florida home.

Guillette told the Post he was attending a wedding in Texas when local authorities called to inform him that officers had searched his home in the early hours of the morning.

He claimed authorities had received a false call claiming he was at the property and pointing a gun at his wife's head.

Man who deployed 'doxxing trucks' to homes of pro-Palestine Ivy League students had his home searched by SWAT team in early morning raid
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12682933/Man-deployed-doxxing-trucks-homes-pro-Palestine-Ivy-League-students-home-searched-SWAT-team-early-morning-raid.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #404 on: October 28, 2023, 11:58:58 AM »
Hamas Leader Appointed Senior Fellow At Harvard University
https://babylonbee.com/news/hamas-leader-appointed-senior-fellow-at-harvard

Yeah, another article that is more truth than parody.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #405 on: October 28, 2023, 12:07:13 PM »
Yeah, another article that is more truth than parody.

Meant to put a Babylon Bee warning on that but forgot.  :-[
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #406 on: October 28, 2023, 12:41:12 PM »
Man who deployed 'doxxing trucks' to homes of pro-Palestine Ivy League students had his home searched by SWAT team in early morning raid
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12682933/Man-deployed-doxxing-trucks-homes-pro-Palestine-Ivy-League-students-home-searched-SWAT-team-early-morning-raid.html

Anybody notice this from the article?

When there is no response one of the officer's gains access via the digital security lock.

That "security" lock doesn't appear to be very secure.

As for that "SWAT" team -- two out of the three nearly tripped over the package in front of the door. If they had gone in hot, they both would probably have been lying on the floor.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #407 on: October 28, 2023, 12:54:33 PM »

As for that "SWAT" team -- two out of the three nearly tripped over the package in front of the door. If they had gone in hot, they both would probably have been lying on the floor.

Like he knew the code

And yep. I would have thought they would have thought of moving them out of the way.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #408 on: October 28, 2023, 02:05:55 PM »

I'm more interested in this idiot, who has a perfectly good SBR, presumably loaded, and decides to let it hang on a sling and bounce around flagging his legs and feet so he can draw a pistol.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #409 on: October 28, 2023, 02:14:38 PM »
I'm more interested in this idiot, who has a perfectly good SBR, presumably loaded, and decides to let it hang on a sling and bounce around flagging his legs and feet so he can draw a pistol.

Hard to tell if that is a SBR with the fisheye lens distorting the view but your point about why he went in with a handgun still stands. Or is that a taser?
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #410 on: October 28, 2023, 02:41:36 PM »

All the money I have spent on locks, cameras and other security stuff over the years and now I find out all I have to do is leave a couple of Amazon boxes on the porch to give me plenty of warning that someone is coming and slowing them down, who knew.  :facepalm:

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #411 on: October 28, 2023, 02:46:38 PM »
Hard to tell if that is a SBR with the fisheye lens distorting the view but your point about why he went in with a handgun still stands. Or is that a taser?

I watched the video in full screen and I'd bet a mag of M855 those ARs are between 12.5" and 14.5", and closer to the 12.5" end based on the rails muzzle devices.  THe handgunner has a Glock in his hand.  Not only can you see the slide pretty clearly his holster is empty when he walks past the camera.

Combined with Amazon box hopscotch it does not paint the Sheriff's Deputies in the most profesional light.

I do wonder what would have happened if that guy, not being home, had had dogs in the house barking at the door.  Would they have gone dynamic entry and capped Fido or faced with that level of fuckery if they might not have walked around looking in windows or something to try and confirm a crime.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #412 on: October 28, 2023, 02:54:14 PM »
There sure are a lot of comments at that link wishing that the guy would have been home so the cops could kill him. People seem to think it's totally acceptable for the cops to be able to bypass the electronic lock as well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #413 on: October 28, 2023, 03:03:56 PM »
Huh. This was completely unexpected. Queers for Palestine are not wanted in Palestine. Apparently Islam does not like the gays. Who knew?

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/10/28/this-is-awkward-palestinian-scholar-has-a-message-for-queers-for-palestine-activists-in-the-west-n2389131
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #414 on: October 28, 2023, 03:05:02 PM »
There sure are a lot of comments at that link wishing that the guy would have been home so the cops could kill him. People seem to think it's totally acceptable for the cops to be able to bypass the electronic lock as well.

Do these lock have a backdoor into them like Liberty Safes?

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2023, 03:08:39 PM »
Huh. This was completely unexpected. Queers for Palestine are not wanted in Palestine. Apparently Islam does not like the gays. Who knew?

https://twitchy.com/dougp/2023/10/28/this-is-awkward-palestinian-scholar-has-a-message-for-queers-for-palestine-activists-in-the-west-n2389131

Allahu Akbar airlines where gays fly for free
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 03:51:24 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2023, 03:44:28 PM »
The part about the electronic lock really jumped out at me as well. It makes you wonder just HOW MANY of these electronic gizmos are actually a way for "someone" to snoop on you.

Probably 'way more than most people think.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2023, 04:15:14 PM »
The part about the electronic lock really jumped out at me as well. It makes you wonder just HOW MANY of these electronic gizmos are actually a way for "someone" to snoop on you.

I assume all of them.  I have several for the convenience they bring, but I place them and operate on the assumption the .gov can access them.

Although as a counterpoint: in this case the guy was way better off having that lock.  LEO's opened the door, wandered around, left and locked the door behind them.  Had he had an old scool deadbolt they would have smashed the door open, wandered around, left and left the door hanging open for thieves to see and a several thousand dollar repair bill that insurance won't cover.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #418 on: October 28, 2023, 04:52:49 PM »
Somebody warned me many years ago that, if the work you do is electronic, it can be out-sourced.  If it goes from your brain to you hands, you have better "job security".
Anything electronic can be hacked.
  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #419 on: October 28, 2023, 05:31:45 PM »
I assume all of them.  I have several for the convenience they bring, but I place them and operate on the assumption the .gov can access them.

Although as a counterpoint: in this case the guy was way better off having that lock.  LEO's opened the door, wandered around, left and locked the door behind them.  Had he had an old scool deadbolt they would have smashed the door open, wandered around, left and left the door hanging open for thieves to see and a several thousand dollar repair bill that insurance won't cover.

Wasn't there a C ourt case recently severely limiting the "qualified immunity" in respect to paying for damages incurred during a court-ordered search?

I believe the lawyer cited 5A's clause, "nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation," and convinced the Court that the damage was indeed a "taking for public use."

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: October 28, 2023, 06:12:06 PM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #420 on: October 28, 2023, 05:50:47 PM »
Yes, which is why insurance won't pay.

You just need to contact the county and get them to pay for your new door, a process I'm sure they have streamlined and made easy and cheap,  and definitely won't require a lawsuit. [/sarcasm smiley]

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #421 on: October 28, 2023, 11:21:40 PM »

The South Park/Apple episode from years ago. People don't read. IYKYK.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #422 on: October 29, 2023, 07:49:27 AM »
"The South Park/Apple episode from years ago. People don't read. IYKYK. "

My brother and I watched that one and we sat there and we HOWLED.

Oh Stan! Cuttlefish! So sorry!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #423 on: October 29, 2023, 08:21:54 AM »
The Gazan Health Ministry, run by, of course, Hamas, is now claiming that over 8,000 Gazans have died since Israel started military operations.

It's also claiming that most of those deaths are women and children.

Fortunately, the Biden administration isn't buying it.

"President Biden and the White House have repeatedly rejected the accuracy of Hamas' casualty statistics, with National Security Council spokesman John Kirby sparring with reporters on the topic last week.

"We all know that the Gaza Ministry of Health is just a front for Hamas, it's run by Hamas, a terrorist organization," Kirby responded. "I've said it myself up here, we can't take anything coming out of Hamas, including the so-called Ministry of Health, at face value."

From Fox News

I'd say... whatever Palestinian children have been killed in the fighting can meet up with the Israeli children Hamas slaughtered in the unprovoked attack that started this war.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #424 on: October 29, 2023, 08:41:04 AM »
Erdogan threatens to declare war on Israel . . .

Turkey is now threatening to declare war on Israel in support of Hamas.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1829092/Erdogan-Turkey-Israel-war-Gaza

Read past the headline and get into the story and it doesn't sound like bombing raids on Tel Aviv by the Turkish Air Force are imminent, but it makes for an interesting scenario - another NATO member attacks a US ally, putting us potentially into a shooting war with Turkey. Could probably write a couple of books covering the implications here.

At the very least, China would push up their plans for Taiwan by several years.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain