Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 53090 times)

Pb

• friend
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #700 on: December 14, 2023, 08:43:10 PM »
More Karma
After the Israelis announced they were going to flood the tunnels Allah does it for them

Odd how horrible things tend to happen to people who persecute the Jews... sooner or later.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #701 on: December 15, 2023, 02:26:53 PM »
More Karma
After the Israelis announced they were going to flood the tunnels Allah does it for them

Just when things seemed at their worst in Gaza: Palestinian man carries a body bag through waist-deep water as FLOODS wreak havoc across bomb-ravaged territory
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12863367/Just-things-worst-Gaza-Palestinian-man-carries-body-bag-waist-deep-water-FLOODS-wreak-havoc-bomb-ravaged-territory.html

Why am I skeptical the child was really "killed in an Israeli airstrike"? That's mighty convenient for the ol' narrative.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #702 on: December 17, 2023, 08:33:17 AM »
Our "education" system at work

Some 20% of respondents aged 18-29 think that the Holocaust is a myth, compared with 8% of those aged 30-44 (see chart). An additional 30% of young Americans said they do not know whether the Holocaust is a myth. Many respondents espouse the canard that Jews wield too much power in America: young people are nearly five times more likely to think this than are those aged 65 and older (28% versus 6%).

In the new Harvard/Harris poll, 67% of respondents aged 18-24 agree that "Jews as a class are oppressors and should be treated as oppressors."

Consistent with other polls that have found relatively high anti-Jewish sentiment among young American adults. https://t.co/0BcG0Y1xlu pic.twitter.com/BZR67JydYh
    — Will Saletan (wsaletan on Threads) (@saletan) December 16, 2023

It's a good thing that the Biden administration just announced the country's first-ever National Strategy to Counter Islamophobia.

https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/16/poll-shows-that-most-young-people-agree-jews-as-a-class-are-oppressors-n2390896

I fear dark times are a coming
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #703 on: December 17, 2023, 09:33:03 AM »
I fear dark times are a coming

It really is frighteningly like pre-WW2 Germany, with brownshirts, and our schools and universities becoming our version of Hitler Youth indoctrination centers. Only here they are targeting more than Jews. It's amazing how often on reddit, for instance, you see rage about the "transgender genocide" (ironic when related to "the holocaust was fake") and calls to "Kill all Republicans!".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #704 on: December 17, 2023, 09:40:31 AM »
So a couple of things:

1) I saw that the IDF accidently killed three of the hostages that were held by hamas. I'm unclear about the circumstances, other than it is being said they were waving a white flag, but shot anyway. I'm wondering how much of that is from untrained troops. People always seem to believe that the IDF is some badass military, where everybody is Delta. While they certainly have a formidable special forces contingent, they're still composed largely of the draftees that have their year or whatever in working the motor pool and galleys, then back to civilian life as reserves. I imagine that right now, many of them were called back in and are suddenly combat, or combat support.

2) Related and more concerning to me, we sure have been having to shoot down a lot of Houthi drones in the Red Sea, and there sure are a lot of attempted attacks on merchant vessels there right now.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #705 on: December 17, 2023, 09:44:55 AM »

2) Related and more concerning to me, we sure have been having to shoot down a lot of Houthi drones in the Red Sea, and there sure are a lot of attempted attacks on merchant vessels there right now.

Can't be, the Biden admin removed them from the Foreign Terrorist Organization list back in Feb
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #706 on: December 17, 2023, 09:46:23 AM »
Between us and the UK, I am sure we have spent quite the sum of money on the missiles used to shoot down the drones.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #707 on: December 17, 2023, 10:09:10 AM »
It really is frighteningly like pre-WW2 Germany, with brownshirts, and our schools and universities becoming our version of Hitler Youth indoctrination centers. Only here they are targeting more than Jews. It's amazing how often on reddit, for instance, you see rage about the "transgender genocide" (ironic when related to "the holocaust was fake") and calls to "Kill all Republicans!".
It is hard to follow who hates who and who is working against who.

Almost like the stage is being set for a free for all of everyone against each other.

Concerningly, the anarchists (and us) are going to get to see what actual anarchy looks like writ large.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #708 on: December 17, 2023, 10:20:51 AM »

I'm sure it will be mostly peaceful.

As I've pointed out before the language being used by many on the left to describe conservatives is often scarily similar to the language the Nazis used to describe the Jews. 
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #709 on: December 17, 2023, 10:27:20 AM »
More on that poll

Majority of Americans 18-24 think Israel should ‘be ended and given to Hamas’ https://t.co/FsMfOTIGBd pic.twitter.com/RYgs8B1ae5
    — New York Post (@nypost) December 16, 2023

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2023/12/17/majority-of-18-24-year-olds-think-israel-should-be-given-to-hamas-n2390905

- Calvin and Hobbes

Pb

• friend
« Reply #710 on: December 17, 2023, 11:28:50 AM »
Surely this will cause leftist Jews to wake up and stop supporting the left!

;/

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #711 on: December 17, 2023, 12:33:13 PM »
Surely this will cause leftist Jews to wake up and stop supporting the left!

;/

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #712 on: December 17, 2023, 02:45:51 PM »
So a couple of things:

1) I saw that the IDF accidently killed three of the hostages that were held by hamas. I'm unclear about the circumstances, other than it is being said they were waving a white flag, but shot anyway. I'm wondering how much of that is from untrained troops. People always seem to believe that the IDF is some badass military, where everybody is Delta. While they certainly have a formidable special forces contingent, they're still composed largely of the draftees that have their year or whatever in working the motor pool and galleys, then back to civilian life as reserves. I imagine that right now, many of them were called back in and are suddenly combat, or combat support.

Not getting much news time either is that our bases in the sand are taking random hits also.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #714 on: December 20, 2023, 08:11:02 PM »
https://richardvigilante.substack.com/p/in-gaza-lets-call-a-state-a-state?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=677554&post_id=139917700&https://richardvigilante.substack.com/p/in-gaza-lets-call-a-state-a-state?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=677554&post_id=139917700&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=5ky3s&utm_medium=email

The article proposes that Israel recognize Gaza as a sovereign nation, and treat them as such. Which to say, quit coddling them.

Sounds good.

Barbed wire and concrete border. Gazans can't enter Israel without visas -- which Israel, of course, won't issue. Israel no longer supplies Gaza with drinking water or electricity.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #715 on: December 20, 2023, 08:20:02 PM »
And Israeli settlers will of course stay out of Palestinian territory  :rofl:
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Pb

• friend
« Reply #716 on: December 20, 2023, 09:09:15 PM »
https://richardvigilante.substack.com/p/in-gaza-lets-call-a-state-a-state?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=677554&post_id=139917700&https://richardvigilante.substack.com/p/in-gaza-lets-call-a-state-a-state?utm_source=post-email-title&publication_id=677554&post_id=139917700&utm_campaign=email-post-title&isFreemail=false&r=5ky3s&utm_medium=email

The article proposes that Israel recognize Gaza as a sovereign nation, and treat them as such. Which to say, quit coddling them.
I propose that Israel buy some worthless tract of land somewhere far away and declare it the new Palestinian homeland.  Cut off all food and water to the strip, and evacuate the civilian population in cargo ships to their new home.

And hang all captured members of Hamas.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #717 on: December 21, 2023, 05:08:57 AM »
From the article:

On Israel’s side the war should be prosecuted without deliberate brutality, but without compromising the country’s defense. Modern AI-assisted missile defense systems can pinpoint to within meters the source of any missile attack. Getting those coordinates right should be the only limit on the Israeli response; whatever else occupies the same space—hospital, orphanage, mosque—is a matter for which the Gazans must accept responsibility.

This is not cruelty. It is simply treating the Gazans as responsible adults, bearing the consequences of their own actions taken by their own independent state.

I agree.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #718 on: December 21, 2023, 05:09:42 AM »

They've been out for years.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #719 on: December 21, 2023, 06:47:16 AM »

They've been out for years.

That's the genisys of this portion of the conflict.  They can't even agree on what land is "Palestinian Territory" that Israeli's need to stay out of.

As far as I know Palestine has never (or at least not recently enough to matter) won a a war of conquest and laid down borders as "This is Palestine!  Keep Out"  If your entire homeland relies upon land other countries have given you, you are going to have shitty land, and not much of it.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #720 on: December 21, 2023, 07:33:30 AM »
Very true, dogmush.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #721 on: December 21, 2023, 08:43:55 AM »
That's the genisys of this portion of the conflict.  They can't even agree on what land is "Palestinian Territory" that Israeli's need to stay out of.

As far as I know Palestine has never (or at least not recently enough to matter) won a a war of conquest and laid down borders as "This is Palestine!  Keep Out"  If your entire homeland relies upon land other countries have given you, you are going to have shitty land, and not much of it.

Meanwhile many on the Palestinian side chant  “From the River to the Sea, Palestine Will Be Free”
From the Jordan River to the Mediterranean Sea which means all of it.
In other words wipe Israel off the map
« Last Edit: December 21, 2023, 09:17:10 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #722 on: December 21, 2023, 09:41:53 AM »
Ian of Forgotten Weapons take a look at a Hamas released video that supposedly is of them making "sniper" rifles

Hamas Claims to Make Sniper Rifles in Gaza - Are They Really?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRcVRLtde6c
- Calvin and Hobbes

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #723 on: December 21, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
If your entire homeland relies upon land other countries have given you, you are going to have shitty land, and not much of it.
I see what you did there.
7-11 was a part time job.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #724 on: December 21, 2023, 01:03:02 PM »

You can see that in the US without looking too hard. the Blackfeet and Navajo reservations come to mind immediately and I am sure some of the other reservations are as bad.

bob