Author Topic: Israel Under Attack  (Read 38683 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Israel Under Attack
« Reply #1050 on: April 13, 2024, 02:09:26 PM »
State power monster crushing the free expression rights of peaceful protestors!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1051 on: April 13, 2024, 05:41:32 PM »
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-68810053

Drone and cruise missile attack by Iran in progress.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1052 on: April 13, 2024, 05:45:59 PM »
I wonder if this is a real attack,  or face saving gesture like when they launched missiles at our drones based in Iraq after we iced Solimani.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #1053 on: April 13, 2024, 05:50:35 PM »
I wonder if this is a real attack,  or face saving gesture like when they launched missiles at our drones based in Iraq after we iced Solimani.

At the moment I'm leaning towards the latter subject to change with more info though.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #1054 on: April 13, 2024, 06:03:36 PM »
I just came back to say that I'm seeing reports that Iran launched between 400 and 500 munitions (drones, ballistic missiles, and cruise missiles)  in an attempt to saturate IDF air defences.  If those reports are true, that's a much more serious attack than what they sent our way in 2020.

Yeman chucked a few drones north as well.

I know we have an Aegis or two in the eastern med, I wander what their ROE is tonight.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #1055 on: April 13, 2024, 06:16:15 PM »
I just came back to say that I'm seeing reports that Iran launched between 400 and 500 munitions (drones, ballistic missiles, and cruise missiles)  in an attempt to saturate IDF air defences.  If those reports are true, that's a much more serious attack than what they sent our way in 2020.

Yeman chucked a few drones north as well.

I know we have an Aegis or two in the eastern med, I wander what their ROE is tonight.

The multi platform launch is what I figured, the slow drones, followed by cruise missiles and then the rockets to hit a time on target to overwhelm the air defenses. It only makes sense with the defenses Israel has. USN ROE right now is probably fluid as intel comes in. Right now the ME airspace is shutdown except for that lone guy trying to get to Kuwait.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1056 on: April 13, 2024, 06:19:12 PM »
The Sun has a live feed up of Tel-Aviv (I think). Says the drones are expected to arrive around 2am local. Just check 1:17am local right now

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ROZE4PP8do
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1057 on: April 13, 2024, 06:29:24 PM »
from 9 minutes ago

No indication that ballistic missiles were launched at Israel, say officials
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog-april-13-2024/
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1058 on: April 13, 2024, 06:30:20 PM »
If they're trying to overwhelm Iron Dome, et al, and they succeed, resulting in more Israeli deaths on their home soil, I'm thinking the IDF response is gonna be kinda medieval.

All those tinfoil prepper yuotube videos that came out this week might not be so paranoid after all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1059 on: April 13, 2024, 06:41:12 PM »
Just posted

Iran’s mission to UN says its ‘military action’ against Israel is ‘concluded,’ warns US to stay out
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1060 on: April 13, 2024, 07:16:08 PM »
Reportedly Jordanian jets are shooting down drones

Jordanian jets shot down dozens of Iranian drones flying toward Israel, sources say
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/jordanian-jets-shot-down-dozens-of-iranian-drones-flying-toward-israel-sources-say/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1061 on: April 13, 2024, 07:25:21 PM »
Booms reported in Jerusalem. Don't know if intercepts or hits.

Now lets see how Israel responds and how Iran responds to that. That will be when the fun really begins.

‘Senior Israeli official’ pledges ‘significant response’ to Iran
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/senior-israeli-official-pledges-significant-response-to-iran/
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1062 on: April 13, 2024, 08:42:41 PM »
Report: Iran fired total of 150 missiles in attack on Israel
ABC News cites a senior US official who says Iran launched a total of 150 missiles at Israel during tonight’s attack.

IDF Spokesman Rear Adm. Daniel Hagari says Iran launched dozens of ballistic missiles at Israel, causing slight damage to a military base.

He says most of the missiles were intercepted by the long-range Arrow air defense system. The missiles were mostly downed outside of Israeli airspace, he says.

One strike led to the injury of a young girl in the Negev, and additional impacts caused “slight damage to infrastructure” at a military base in southern Israel, Hagari says. The girl, according to medics, was hurt by shrapnel following an interception.

He says fighter jets also downed dozens of cruise missiles and dozens of drones.

In total, Iran launched more than 200 projectiles at Israel, according to Hagari.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1063 on: April 14, 2024, 09:03:22 AM »
Very interesting that the Jordanians joined in shooting down missiles and drones aimed at Israel.

According to an article I read on Fox the US was also engaging the stuff fired at Israel and was also in close consultations with Jordan and Egypt.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #1064 on: April 14, 2024, 12:26:00 PM »
Also reported that US and UK fighters were in the air taking out drones.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #1065 on: April 14, 2024, 01:35:43 PM »
Very interesting that the Jordanians joined in shooting down missiles and drones aimed at Israel.

According to an article I read on Fox the US was also engaging the stuff fired at Israel and was also in close consultations with Jordan and Egypt.
I am not real knowledgeable on where Jordan stands on this.  I wouldn't want someone overflying my territory with drones and cruise missiles.   Pretty much have to overfly Jordan to get there until Iran is routing them around which I really doubt.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1066 on: April 14, 2024, 04:56:22 PM »

The Jordanians don't want Israel to notice they're getting hit by stuff that came out of Jordanian airspace.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1067 on: April 15, 2024, 08:31:10 AM »
And this morning, the Biden administration, which is taking massive amounts of heat for its policy and stance on Iran and handling of the overall situation is in full "pass the buck mode" and is working hard to try to convince everyone that this mess is actually...

Trump's fault.

https://www.foxnews.com/world/bidens-dovish-posture-toward-iran-emboldened-tehran-in-its-attack-on-israel-experts

Trump took a very hard line with Iran.

The Biden administration has done noting but try to suck up to Iran and released a $10 billion tranche of frozen assets, money that Iran's cash-starved economy desperately needed, and money that allowed it to likely push internal funds toward it's support of terror groups like Hamas and Hezbollah.

Trump's tearing up of Obama's Iran nuclear deal, which had released upwards $150 billion of froze assets, had served notice that Iran's actions were not going unnoticed.

Biden's re-entering that deal? Hey, Iran, yeah... go ahead and continue to fund terrorism, even terrorism against the US. We're sorry the Orangeman was mean to you, so we're gonna go all soft on you.

As far as I'm concerned, the Biden administration is directly responsible for the October attacks in Israel because Iran, Hamas' sponsor, calculated that the Biden administration wouldn't do anything except offer lukewarm protests and would work to stifle Israel's response.

Iran knows what the Biden administration is doing (or isn't) better than Biden himself. Absolute *expletive deleted*ing disgrace.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #1068 on: April 15, 2024, 08:34:37 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #1069 on: April 15, 2024, 08:36:58 AM »
"Don't".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1070 on: April 15, 2024, 08:39:32 AM »
At least one positive from Iran's attack on Israel...

Last week oil prices spiked pretty hard because traders were anticipating the attack.

Now that the attack has happened, and it was shown just how incompetent Iran's GLORIOUS FIST OF ALLAH STRIKE AGAINST THE ZIONIST INFIDELS!" is... oil prices are slipping nicely.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1071 on: April 15, 2024, 08:40:18 AM »
"Don't".

A friend of mine interpreted that as Biden reminding himself not to *expletive deleted*it his pants again.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #1072 on: April 15, 2024, 09:01:19 AM »
. . . As far as I'm concerned, the Biden administration is directly responsible for the October attacks in Israel because Iran, Hamas' sponsor, calculated that the Biden administration wouldn't do anything except offer lukewarm protests and would work to stifle Israel's response . . .
From news reports I've seen, it's even worse - Biden resumed the flow of U.S. foreign aid dollars to Gaza which Trump had halted . . . and of course $$$ to Gaza means $$$ to Hamas. So the Biden administration helped fund the October attacks on Israel.

And after taking office Biden promptly took the Houthis in Yemen off the Specially Designated Global Terrorist list, making Yemen eligible for U.S. foreign aid dollars again - although the administration  (belatedly) re-designated them a terrorist organization earlier this year.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1073 on: April 15, 2024, 09:05:18 AM »
"U.S. President Joe Biden on Saturday said that he condemned “in the strongest possible terms” Iran’s unprecedented air attack against military facilities in Israel."

Why do I have a funny feeling that his "condemnation" was three words...

You shouldn't have.

Just about matches the strength of his "warning" to Iran before the attack.

And yes, I'd forgotten about aide money to Hamas... er... the "people" of Gaza.

IIRC someone here posted a report some months ago that millions of dollars worth of hard goods, mainly pipe, had been shipped to Gaza so it could expand and modernize its water system, as many there don't have running water (which, of course, is Israel's fault!)...

Only for all of that pipe to mysteriously end up as rocket bodies to be launched at Israel....

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #1074 on: April 15, 2024, 11:38:13 AM »
Holy *expletive deleted*it, if this is true...

News reports and sources allege that Biden KNEW about the Iranian attack in advance and essentially said the US wouldn't interfere as long as it stayed within certain parameters.

https://twitchy.com/aaronwalker/2024/04/15/bombshell-jerusalem-post-reports-that-biden-told-iran-only-to-attack-israel-within-certain-limits-n2395089