Author Topic: Walker Earpro on Sale at Amazon  (Read 1387 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Walker Earpro on Sale at Amazon
« on: October 10, 2023, 12:09:21 PM »
If anyone is looking for Earpro, the basic Walker noise cancelling muffs are on sale at Amazon for 25-50% off. Example:

https://www.amazon.com/Walkers-Razor-Slim-Electronic-Black/dp/B01AAH8CMA

I bought these razor slims a while back (not on sale) as guest/backup earpro, and they work great for the money.

Edit: Oh, it's part of some Prime Day sale, so you might not see the discount if you don't have Prime.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
Re: Walker Earpro on Sale at Amazon
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2023, 10:09:21 AM »
I bought a set of Walkers from Amazon earlier this year and promptly returned them - sound quality was terrible, with hum, distortion, and static. The volume from one ear to the other was also badly mismatched. I ended up buying another set of Pro-Ears which were far and away superior to the Walkers. (I have an OLD set of Pro-Ears that still works fine, made before the company was bought out - probably 15 years old or so. Sound quality of the new PEs is audibly better than the old PEs - and both are FAR better than the Walkers.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2023, 11:21:51 AM »
I bought a set of Walkers from Amazon earlier this year and promptly returned them - sound quality was terrible, with hum, distortion, and static. The volume from one ear to the other was also badly mismatched. I ended up buying another set of Pro-Ears which were far and away superior to the Walkers. (I have an OLD set of Pro-Ears that still works fine, made before the company was bought out - probably 15 years old or so. Sound quality of the new PEs is audibly better than the old PEs - and both are FAR better than the Walkers.)
Maybe a bad pair?
I have 2 pair and they have been quite good. I insist new shooters use them so they have no trouble hearing range instructions.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2023, 01:40:22 PM »
Maybe a bad pair?
I have 2 pair and they have been quite good. I insist new shooters use them so they have no trouble hearing range instructions.
I suspect I got a bad pair. Looking at on-line reviews while most people are satisfied, there seems to be an appreciable percentage of people who get Walkers with "issues."  I was one of them.  =(
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain