Author Topic: Best Selling Vehicle in Every State  (Read 420 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Best Selling Vehicle in Every State
« on: November 01, 2023, 08:29:41 AM »
They took this from Edmunds data, so I would expect it to be accurate. Kinda surprising to me regarding both all the states with trucks and the Tesla in CA. I would expect Tesla would have good sales there, but at the price point, I'm surprised that it's #1. Not everybody there lives in SanFran and works at Google.

My state was surprising to me because as far as trucks, everywhere I look, I see more Rams than F150s.

https://www.visualcapitalist.com/the-best-selling-vehicle-in-every-state/

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Best Selling Vehicle in Every State
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2023, 08:59:09 AM »
Ky, Silverado?
My own eyes see I would guess at least 3 if not more F-series Fords for every Chevy here. We have long called this Ford county here for a reason.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2023, 09:02:06 AM »
I think it's interesting that the best selling vehicles, by and large, are NOT the itty bitty econoboxes the greenies want us all to drive - assuming they'd allow us to own vehicles at all. Trucks and a compact SUV (The RAV4 isn't actually a mini car) dominate.

In my state I'm seeing more Teslas, and I also see more Rivians showing up on the road all the time. (Greenies don't like the "too big" Rivians, I don't like their "too high" prices.) But electrics are a very distinct minority and have their issues, as my neighbor lady is finding out with her Hyundai Ioniq.

Tesla #1 in California? Even in that state, I would not have expected it. And seeing the Corolla outsells the Camry in Florida was also unexpected.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2023, 09:24:36 AM »
Toyota RAV4 in NC surprises me.  I don't see that many in this area.  There might be more in other parts of the state.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2023, 09:50:40 AM »
I'm a tiny bit curious what kind of percentage of sales is required in each state to make it the best selling.  Given the dozens of manufacturers and dozens of models per manufacturer, I'm guessing pretty low.  If we're talking about the very top selling models making up 2% to 5% of the vehicles you see on the road then you probably wouldn't notice the difference.

I also wonder if truck model families are overrepresented because of the variety of vehicles with different cab, bed, and trim combinations that roll up into a single model family compared to a lot of other vehicles which just have a few trim options.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2023, 10:10:49 AM »
My 21 y.o. daughter picked up a used 2013(?) Rav4 with service records and less than 80k on the clock. After 2 years and 30k, I must say I'm impressed.
My f150 threw a rod at 265,000, 80k of that on a badly leaking head gasket. I beat the living snot out of that truck from the minute I drove it off the lot. 
They're the leading sellers for a reason.
7-11 was a part time job.