Author Topic: Vehicle explodes at the Rainbow bridge crossing near Niagara Falls  (Read 1067 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Being reported as an attempted terrorist attack.
Only reported deaths so far are the two occupants of the car.

The FBI is investigating a vehicle explosion Wednesday at the Rainbow Bridge border crossing between the U.S. and Canada in what sources tell Fox News was an attempted terrorist attack.

Explosives were in the vehicle at the time and two people who were in the car are dead, the sources told Fox News. A border officer was injured.

The vehicle was driving from the U.S. to Canada and were attempting to drive toward the border officer building, the sources said.

All bridges are closed in the area, and all government buildings are evacuated, according to the sources.

NY vehicle explosion at Rainbow Bridge border crossing is attempted terror attack: sources
https://www.foxnews.com/us/ny-vehicle-explosion-reported-rainbow-bridge-niagara-falls-injured

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Vehicle explodes at the Rainbow bridge crossing near Niagara Falls
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2023, 02:28:48 PM »
The above says the vehicle was driving from the U.S. to Canada while CNN and ABC say the opposite
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2023, 02:31:25 PM »
Nick Sortor
@nicksortor
🚨 #BREAKING: CAR EXPLODES AT US/CANADA BORDER CHECKPOINT

A car entering the toll booth set off a MASSIVE explosion. Injuries are currently unknown, nor is the cause of the explosion.

All border crossings between Canada and Western New York are now closed in BOTH directions
https://twitter.com/nicksortor/status/1727395028467904575?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2023, 02:48:29 PM »
Car exploded on its way to secondary search at the US-Canada border, sources say

From CNN's John Miller

Multiple law enforcement sources said that shortly before noon on Wednesday, a car coming from the Canadian side of the border with the US exploded after it was heading toward a secondary search area.

The car was on the Rainbow Bridge that connects Canada to New York and went through an initial checkpoint where identification documents are examined before the explosion occurred.

Authorities do not know what caused the explosion. The FBI, New York State Police and US Customs and Border Protection are on the scene investigating.

Federal authorities are trying to retrieve video from a number of different angles because the statements from witnesses vary, the sources said.

Sources said there were no serious injuries except to those who were in the car, reportedly two men.
https://www.cnn.com/us/live-news/rainbow-bridge-explosion-11-22-23
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2023, 03:00:12 PM »
Those damned genocial Jews! Has anyone told Bernie Sanders and AOC about this threat?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2023, 03:11:01 PM »
In response, Biden calls for a ban on assault weapons.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2023, 03:14:40 PM »
Don't forget gas stoves, because there was gas in that car!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2023, 03:15:27 PM »
It's a weak excuse to invade Canada but I guess it  will do.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2023, 03:24:57 PM »

In related news Quebec is considering surrender to terrorists who bombed the Rainbow bridge, once someone or a group claims responsibility.

bob

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2023, 04:52:34 PM »
Seeing some walk back of the terrorism claim but they're calling for the banning of AR-15s just in case
- Calvin and Hobbes

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2023, 05:59:40 PM »

Blame Canada!
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2023, 12:02:18 AM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/Cz946jFLQUy/
Mrgunsngear posted this video on Instagram.  Might be available elsewhere. 

Looks like the car (driving at a high rate of speed) hit something on the side of the approach to the border checkpoint, went flying through the air, then crashed and exploded.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2023, 07:54:00 AM »
Car is being described as a $300,000 Bentley and some are saying the driver may have suffered a med emergency

Couldn't help but noticed this

CNN is reporting that the driver of the vehicle that Fox claimed was full of explosives was a 56-year-old man who lived in a very upscale area that had intended to go to the kiss concert.. he was driving a $300k Bentley with his wife. CNN says it loos like a terrible accident pic.twitter.com/CPlLuRk2TQ

IIRC both CNN and  Fox reported that.

Bentley driver may have suffered 'medical emergency' before crashing $300,000 supercar into Canadian border on ill-fated trip to see KISS with his wife: Authorities struggle to identify couple's 'incinerated' remains after fireball sparked terror fears
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12782991/Authorities-work-identify-remains-Bentley-driver-wife-crashed-Canada-border-crossing.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2023, 09:20:19 AM »
Cue the mainstream media blaming the rest of America for jumping to islamophobic conclusions that this was a terrorist attack.  Nevermind that the MSM was first reporting it as such.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2023, 09:28:49 AM »
Cue the mainstream media blaming the rest of America for jumping to islamophobic conclusions that this was a terrorist attack.  Nevermind that the MSM was first reporting it as such.

Nearly every news outlet I saw was reporting it as terrorism as well as both fed and state (NY) officials including Kathy Hochul. But now the narrative being pushed is only evil Islamophobic Foxnews was reporting it as such. Amazing how fast they can turn in near unison
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2023, 11:22:45 AM »
 [tinfoil]
That's what they want you to believe.
 [tinfoil]
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2023, 08:13:42 AM »
Some are saying it wasn't a med emergency but rather a fault with the car and are saying there are signs he was trying to apply the brakes and that he had complained about the accelerator before. Bentley issued a recalled for accelerator issues with the cars in 2021

REVEALED: Bentley driver was 'alert and not impaired' while desperately slamming on brakes of $300,000 supercar as it flew through the air and exploded in deadly Niagara Falls crash
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12789321/Bentley-driver-alert-not-impaired-desperately-slamming-brakes-300-000-supercar-flew-air-exploded-deadly-Niagara-Falls-crash.html
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 08:34:40 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2023, 08:19:26 AM »
When are people going to learn not to buy British luxury vehicles? I don't think there's a one of them that doesn't spend more time behind a tow truck than actually propelling itself down the road.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2023, 08:32:33 AM »
This one seemed to propel itself down the road just fine. >:D

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2023, 08:33:32 AM »
This one seemed to propel itself down the road just fine. >:D

:rofl:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2023, 08:38:20 AM »
Bentley is owned by VW
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2023, 08:43:12 AM »
Bentley is owned by VW

Well, subsidiary. Still made by drunk Brits (versus drunk krauts, who can hold their liquor).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bentley

HankB

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2023, 01:43:06 PM »
Years ago I remember a Rolls Royce representative reportedly said that their autos didn't break down, they just occasionally failed to proceed.

This one proceeded just fine.

I have to wonder . . . with all the electronic controls they're putting in vehicles now, is there any possibility someone hacked the vehicle's electronics and deliberately sent it speeding down the road?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain