Author Topic: Twitchy jumps the shark  (Read 999 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Twitchy jumps the shark
« on: December 03, 2023, 05:56:32 PM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Pb

• friend
Re: Twitchy jumps the shark
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2023, 06:22:33 PM »
"Conservatives" embracing sexual perversion because it is popular.  Why am I not surprised?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2023, 06:33:48 PM »
"Conservatives" embracing sexual perversion because it is popular.  Why am I not surprised?

It wouldn't exactly be the first time Republicans tried to distance themselves from the icky traditionalists in the party.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2023, 07:01:53 PM »
Mayhaps your opinion on this is not as ubiquitous across "conservatives " as you think.

But even if it is, what level of disagreement or, dare I say, diversity,  are you willing to put up with to build a coalition to battle the societal forces you want to defeat?

Pb

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2023, 07:24:45 PM »
Mayhaps your opinion on this is not as ubiquitous across "conservatives " as you think.

We know it isn't ubiquitous.  Hence the thread.  I've been seeing "conservatives" use degenerate terms like "homophobic" and "transphobic" for a while now.

The left has been highly successful over the decades in almost completely destroying even the idea of sexual morality.  "Judging" someone's sexual behavior is now the only sexual sin.  Bastardry is now totally normal and unremarkable; I expect most births to be bastards within the next few decades.  Most young people have no interest in getting married or having children anyway.  Chastity is weird and laughable even in the "church." 

So it is absolutely no surprise that "conservatives" are celebrating a pair of perverts paying a woman to create a child that they can raise without a mother.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2023, 07:25:30 PM »
But even if it is, what level of disagreement or, dare I say, diversity,  are you willing to put up with to build a coalition to battle the societal forces you want to defeat?

I can't defeat these forces.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2023, 07:47:04 PM »
You probably ought to be a lot more worried about the groomers and pedos than about normal gays who go about their own lives. Many of whom who despise said groomers and pedos and the “LGBTQ movement” itself.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2023, 07:52:17 PM »
I can't defeat these forces.

Fair enough.  Enjoy your despair and inevitable death, I guess?

"Conservatives" are making inroads in the culture war, and what you seem to fear is not inevitable.  But you are choosing to be unlikely to be involved in shaping what comes next.

+1 on Boomhauer's sentiment.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2023, 08:12:56 PM »

"Conservatives" are making inroads in the culture war

You are more optimistic than I am.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2023, 08:18:55 PM »
You probably ought to be a lot more worried about the groomers and pedos than about normal gays who go about their own lives. Many of whom who despise said groomers and pedos and the “LGBTQ movement” itself.

Homosexual sodomy is not normal in a healthy society.  You are accepting sexual morality that our American forebears would have been revolted by, and, in fact, was illegal in every state of the Union.

We have groomers and pedos coming of the woodwork because homosexual sodomy has become normalized first.

The left trashed heterosexual marriage with divorce and bastardy.  Then they normalized homosexual sodomy.  They have almost finished this with transvestitism.  Pedophilia or polygamy is next is my guess, but who knows? 

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2023, 10:36:38 PM »

Are you serious? You should be asking the boys at Twitchy. Or this Ben Zeisloft guy. They're the ones trying to kick each other out of the movement.

And, yeah, we all know that lots of conservatives are social liberals. We know, because they've been talking down to us and telling us to shut up for decades.

To answer your question, I think I'm like most social conservatives in my tolerance for social liberals in the GOP. I've voted for Donald Trump twice. I've watched my fair share of Dave Rubin videos. I have gay friends. (Not really) Look, we know we need allies. That's why you don't see many comments like Ben Z's. Per his bio, he used to write for the Daily Wire. Do you think they'd let him say that on their site?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 11:10:19 PM by Perd Hapley »

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2023, 11:27:01 AM »
Enjoy your despair and inevitable death, I guess?

Even though I cannot reform Western Civilization, it does not follow that I will be in despair.

And we are all going to die.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2023, 11:39:25 AM »
I'm kind of a fence sitter on this. In one way, I'm like Boomhauer in that if they conduct themselves like normal people, and I can't tell that they're gay, then their personal life is really none of my business. I have used the example of a gay couple next door that keeps their lawn mowed, wears khaki and polos, and just goes to work everyday vs the gay pride people that have to fly flags, wear BDSM clothing, etc. I think I had read that Guy Benson was gay, but had no idea Dave Rubin was, but would never have known, or I guess cared, if it weren't brought up in the news. If either of them were my neighbors, I would interact with them the same as any other neighbors.

On the other hand, we are always talking about how single parent households are bad for kids because they need the influence of both a mother and father, and in many ways (IMO) this is a biological imperative. So I'm not sure that a "two moms" or "two dads" household is any less damaging to a child, no matter how "based" the gay couple are. Whether I'm right or wrong, I guess my opinion is that maybe gay and raising kids doesn't mix, even if I can acknowledge that gay people like those in the OP are likely better people and would make better neighbors than a whole lot of other groups that I can think of.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2023, 01:43:10 PM »
Statistically it's single-mother households that aren't great for kids.  The rest of the variations (normal, Single-dad, two guys, two gals, a commune, pack of wolves, etc) all seem to be pretty close in getting decent outcomes for children.  I acknowledge that there are sample size issue on "the rest" because normal and single mom are by FAR the majority of parenting types, but the data we have is what it is.

I have a hypothesis (with no data) that it's less the fact that a kid is raised by a single mom, but rather the American sub-cultures that freely accept single mom households go hand in hand with poor outcomes.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2023, 04:15:53 PM »
Statistically it's single-mother households that aren't great for kids.  The rest of the variations (normal, Single-dad, two guys, two gals, a commune, pack of wolves, etc) all seem to be pretty close in getting decent outcomes for children.  I acknowledge that there are sample size issue on "the rest" because normal and single mom are by FAR the majority of parenting types, but the data we have is what it is.

I have a hypothesis (with no data) that it's less the fact that a kid is raised by a single mom, but rather the American sub-cultures that freely accept single mom households go hand in hand with poor outcomes.

This could also be a sampling bias, in that courts seem reluctant to award custody to a father over a mother, unless the father really has it together and the mother has significant issues.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 04, 2023, 08:46:19 PM »
I'm kind of a fence sitter on this. In one way, I'm like Boomhauer in that if they conduct themselves like normal people, and I can't tell that they're gay, then their personal life is really none of my business. I have used the example of a gay couple next door that keeps their lawn mowed, wears khaki and polos, and just goes to work everyday vs the gay pride people that have to fly flags, wear BDSM clothing, etc. I think I had read that Guy Benson was gay, but had no idea Dave Rubin was, but would never have known, or I guess cared, if it weren't brought up in the news. If either of them were my neighbors, I would interact with them the same as any other neighbors.

On the other hand, we are always talking about how single parent households are bad for kids because they need the influence of both a mother and father, and in many ways (IMO) this is a biological imperative. So I'm not sure that a "two moms" or "two dads" household is any less damaging to a child, no matter how "based" the gay couple are. Whether I'm right or wrong, I guess my opinion is that maybe gay and raising kids doesn't mix, even if I can acknowledge that gay people like those in the OP are likely better people and would make better neighbors than a whole lot of other groups that I can think of.

Do you think a high-profile site like Twitchy should punch down by highlighting socially conservative comments they disagree with (from a smaller organization), and framing the other person's opinion as "attacking a loving family"? Is it OK for them to suggest that traditional moral views are not acceptable in right-wing media?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 10:49:00 AM »
Do you think a high-profile site like Twitchy should punch down by highlighting socially conservative comments they disagree with (from a smaller organization), and framing the other person's opinion as "attacking a loving family"? Is it OK for them to suggest that traditional moral views are not acceptable in right-wing media?

I was more commenting on my own thoughts rather than Twitchy's.

However, I think Twitchy is like most internet sites similar to it (whether left or right) in that they will generally either support or excuse things depending on if they are "on the right side of the argument". If the gayz in question were Don Lemon and Jessie Smollett, I'm sure Twitchy would have a more traditionally conservative take on the matter.

Also I expect Twitchy is somewhat "defending their own". If you look at all the websites that Twitchy is affiliated with, I'm betting both Benson and Rubin write or otherwise contribute to one or more of them.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 12:02:24 PM »
However, I think Twitchy is like most internet sites similar to it (whether left or right) in that they will generally either support or excuse things depending on if they are "on the right side of the argument". If the gayz in question were Don Lemon and Jessie Smollett, I'm sure Twitchy would have a more traditionally conservative take on the matter.
Politics makes for strange bedfellows, as it were.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2023, 09:06:40 PM »