Author Topic: Austin/Central TX shooting(s)  (Read 531 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Austin/Central TX shooting(s)
« on: December 06, 2023, 09:26:36 AM »
Media has been usually quiet about this one
Anyway 6 dead 3 injured in Austin TX after a man apparently went on a day long shooting spree. Toll could rise as they're still searching for victims. Suspect is in custody.
But also what caught my attention was not seeing the usual media narrative being screamed from the rooftops. Makes me wonder about the details not being something they can use to push the narrative.

Texas suspect in custody after day-long shooting spree leaves 6 dead, 3 injured across separate locations
https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-suspect-custody-day-long-shooting-spree-leaves-dead-injured-separate-locations

Suspect in custody after 6 killed and 3 injured in a series of homicides and shootings in Central Texas
https://www.cnn.com/2023/12/06/us/texas-homicides-shootings-austin-bexar-county/index.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
Re: Austin/Central TX shooting(s)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 09:48:37 AM »
Should have worded that

Makes me wonder about the details not being something they can twist to fit the narrative.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2023, 04:03:37 PM »
Suspect IDed
Apparently was drivng around shooting people

Shane James, 34, is arrested and charged with capital murder after six killed and two police officers injured across Austin and San Antonio over the course of eight HOURS
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12830867/Suspect-custody-hours-long-shooting-spree-Texas-Man-30s-linked-shooting-two-police-officers-two-Austin-grisly-double-homicide-San-Antonio.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2023, 06:17:36 PM »
"But also what caught my attention was not seeing the usual media narrative being screamed from the rooftops. Makes me wonder about the details not being something they can use to push the narrative."

"It's possible that the highly vocal complaints from various valid directions about media bias is affecting some news editors," Terry joked.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.