Author Topic: Taylor Swift  (Read 3903 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Taylor Swift
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2023, 07:15:14 PM »
Taylor Swift is worth approximately $1.1 billion.

Elon Musk tips that much at the nudie bar on a Saturday night.

+ child support
Man can not keep his zipper up.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2023, 07:19:59 PM »
+ child support
Man can not keep his zipper up.

I thought that sort of thing was frowned upon at most nudie bars.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2023, 08:00:53 PM »
I'm shocked - shocked! - that old dudes aren't into T-Swiff's music.

That being said, I do miss the days when a man could come home and watch some Taylor Swift on Monday nights, without having football shoved in his face.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 08:38:01 PM »
I thought that sort of thing was frowned upon at most nudie bars.
Not when your pocket change is enough to buy every nudie bar in town.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2023, 08:43:44 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2023, 11:01:35 PM »
Just looked it up, she's 33. Think she'll hit the "oh my god I'm getting old!" stage and hit the drugs and bottle and start looking like a plastic surgeon's Etch-A-Sketch after she hits 40?

Like Brittany Spears, who was the diva for a previous generation?

I'm like Ben -- I don't have any idea what her music sounds like and I wouldn't know it was her music if I heard it playing somewhere.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2023, 11:06:58 PM »
Okay, WTF?

https://twitter.com/sairasameerarao/status/1732481722627899671

Saira Rao Sees TIME's Taylor Swift Cover, Tweets About 'White Love of Black and Brown Genocide'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/06/saira-rao-sees-times-taylor-swift-cover-tweets-about-white-love-of-black-and-brown-genocide-n2390572

dat community note, tho   =D

Some people are convinced that whites built our whole society* around screwing over people on their other side of the world. No, our ancestors were not concerned about their own happiness, their children's well-being, or pleasing the Almighty. It wasn't even about making money and chasing tail. Nope, it was all about being mean to brown people.

The kind of thing only education can fool you into believing.

*"society," singular, because all white people are the same
« Last Edit: December 06, 2023, 11:23:20 PM by Perd Hapley »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2023, 11:16:17 PM »
Like Brittany Spears, who was the diva for a previous generation?

I'm like Ben -- I don't have any idea what her music sounds like and I wouldn't know it was her music if I heard it playing somewhere.

Of course. Most Zoomers don't know the Big Bopper from the Ink Spots. Or maybe Jenny Lind would be closer to your generation.  :P

As I remember it, Spears was never more than one among many singing starlets of her generation, like Christina Aguilera, and other girls we don't remember anymore. Spears is mostly in the news now because she and her family are a train wreck.

Taylor Swift has always been taken a lot more seriously than those types, at least in the pop culture. Not by us, of course. I mean, we don't even worship Beyonce, so we're beyond redemption.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2023, 11:44:43 PM »
Of course. Most Zoomers don't know the Big Bopper from the Ink Spots. Or maybe Jenny Lind would be closer to your generation.  :P

As I remember it, Spears was never more than one among many singing starlets of her generation, like Christina Aguilera, and other girls we don't remember anymore. Spears is mostly in the news now because she and her family are a train wreck.

Taylor Swift has always been taken a lot more seriously than those types, at least in the pop culture. Not by us, of course. I mean, we don't even worship Beyonce, so we're beyond redemption.
That is sort of what I remember though I don't recall hearing much about her family.  I never listened to her music, but her videos showed up on TV a lot.  That is almost the same reason I know anything about Taylor Swift except maybe more internet exposure.  I paid more attention to award shows and half time shows in the 90's maybe. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2023, 12:48:47 AM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2023, 03:34:47 AM »
Wrong thread, sorry.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2023, 06:56:28 AM »
Okay, WTF?

https://twitter.com/sairasameerarao/status/1732481722627899671

Saira Rao Sees TIME's Taylor Swift Cover, Tweets About 'White Love of Black and Brown Genocide'
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2023/12/06/saira-rao-sees-times-taylor-swift-cover-tweets-about-white-love-of-black-and-brown-genocide-n2390572

WTF? Any acknowledgement of anyone white by anything is glorification of POC genocide.

Are you so white and racist that you don't know that?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2023, 07:16:35 AM »
I'm probably going to be banned for this ...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GAtRqIFXIAANHrH?format=jpg&name=900x900

And we should throw in a good flogging while we're at it. Where's the eye bleach?
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2023, 07:18:47 AM »
Are you so white and racist that you don't know that?

If I'm not reminded of how inherently racist I am because of my race at least every 15 minutes I forget.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 07:42:30 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2023, 08:47:42 AM »
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 02:29:28 PM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2023, 10:02:08 AM »
She has already done that regarding abortion and support for dems. I heard it on fox business, but just did a quick gazoogle. This is likely in line with a good 70% of her fan base, I would guess.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-election/taylor-swift-endorses-joe-biden-president-n1242483
https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/taylor-swift-recalls-when-she-learned-joe-biden-won-election-9496116/

If she's smart she better not say word about Hamas/Israel one way or the other.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2023, 01:54:29 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #41 on: December 07, 2023, 01:18:18 PM »
My daughters like her.  My wife likes some of her older stuff.  I wasn't overly bothered by media saturation because I tend to avoid media that focuses on celebrity news.  However, now that our resident Swifty decided that APS needed a thread dedicated to her ...

Pb

• friend
« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2023, 08:43:21 PM »
It is unfortunate that Taylor Swift uses her talent and platform to degenerate Christian sexual morality, and push left wing causes.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2023, 12:02:45 PM »
It is unfortunate that Taylor Swift uses her talent and platform to degenerate Christian sexual morality, and push left wing causes.

That is, apparently,  where the money is.

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2023, 12:40:08 PM »
That is, apparently,  where the money is.

The Hell you say!
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2023, 01:44:00 PM »
I assume it is a result of who she surrounds herself with.  She probably knows next to nothing substantive about those issues.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2023, 11:16:10 AM »
<sigh>  Oh, well. <snif>

Guess asking her out is out of the question now?

<sigh>  Oh, well. <snif>

Actually, I dated a liberal lady between marriages.  Boulder, Colorado, '86 or so. She was a bank executive; I figured a banker would be in touch with reality.  Not so.

That was when I discovered that when a liberal mentions politics, they really just want an excuse to tell you about their politics.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2023, 04:34:18 PM »
After Back-To-Back Losses, Chiefs Replace Taylor Swift With Selena Gomez
https://babylonbee.com/news/after-back-to-back-losses-chiefs-replace-taylor-swift-with-selena-gomez
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2023, 12:34:48 PM »
Squirrel!

Actual headline
"Travis Kelce is seen heading to Chiefs practice in his Rolls as 'squirle' dashes across the road - a day after Taylor Swift left for her 34th birthday celebrations with Selena Gomez in NYC"

A squirrel running in front of Taylor Swift's BF's car is headline news  :facepalm:

BTW: The squirrel made it.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-12859991/Travis-Kelce-Rolls-squirrel-Taylor-Swift-birthday-celebrations-Selena-Gomez-NYC.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2023, 07:27:19 AM »

Some people are convinced that whites built our whole society* around screwing over people on their other side of the world. No, our ancestors were not concerned about their own happiness, their children's well-being, or pleasing the Almighty. It wasn't even about making money and chasing tail. Nope, it was all about being mean to brown people.

Notable quotable.