Author Topic: Owl wars  (Read 837 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Owl wars
« on: December 06, 2023, 11:11:54 PM »
https://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-3008215?fs

I don't know whether or not to be concerned because one species of owl is threatening another species of owl.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
Re: Owl wars
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2023, 11:54:37 PM »
So, if the barred owls win the war and kill off the spotted owls can they start cutting lumber in the PNW again? If so it seems ok to me. Let nature takes its course.

bob

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2023, 07:14:08 AM »
One species moving in genociding another and taking over their land? The white disease has infected the animal world! And lets hop on our private jets and fly to Dubai and blame global warming too while we're at it. Yeah that's it, party in Dubai!

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2023, 07:48:06 AM »
https://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-3008215?fs

I don't know whether or not to be concerned because one species of owl is threatening another species of owl.
We really need to save the spotted owl - it's tasty, sort of like a cross between a bald eagle and a whooping crane.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2023, 08:09:23 AM »
We really need to save the spotted owl - it's tasty, sort of like a cross between a bald eagle and a whooping crane.
Bald Eagle tastes like fish.
7-11 was a part time job.

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2023, 08:21:15 AM »
Tough and stringy unless you cook it slow.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2023, 08:41:31 AM »
Good thing they're bald too, no pesky feathers to pull out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2023, 04:55:54 PM »

You may be confusing the African Fish Eagle (on the left) with the American Bald Eagle.

The American Bald Eagle tastes less like fish and more like an ivory-billed woodpecker.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Pb

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2023, 08:45:47 PM »
Let nature takes its course.

I think it is unfortunate, but it is going to happen. They aren't going to keep killing barred owls forever, they are just delaying the end.

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2023, 09:35:18 PM »
The owl vs human wars are proceeding nicely, was but a couple years ago wife came home from a walk bleeding from surprise night attack. Others were attacked on the road also. Fortunately, the Great Horned Owls put in a relief squad and pushed out the barred owls. Seems to be a guarded truce now.