Author Topic: Woman stopped from burning down MLK's childhood home.  (Read 1026 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Woman stopped from burning down MLK's childhood home.
« on: December 09, 2023, 11:29:27 AM »
She was stopped by passing tourists as she was pouring gasoline on the home.
I saw a news blurb yesterday but today noticed this and who she is obviously doesn't fit the usual narrative of who the media wishes she was which is probably why we're not hearing much on the matter otherwise we would be hearing it about from the roof tops. Instead it's back page news

She may have some mental issues

Woman, 26, who tried to burn down Martin Luther King's childhood Atlanta home is identified as decorated Navy veteran Laneisha Henderson who received medals for good conduct
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12844849/Pictured-woman-MLK-burn-home.html
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Woman stopped from burning down MLK's childhood home.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2023, 12:33:28 PM »
"Decorated Navy veteran."

She got a good conduct medal. What's that? Our military is now in the woke mainstream by handing out medals for just not getting in trouble during your enlistment?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2023, 12:52:40 PM »

She got a good conduct medal. What's that? Our military is now in the woke mainstream by handing out medals for just not getting in trouble during your enlistment?

Used the proper pronouns
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2023, 01:18:48 PM »

They have been doing that in all of the services forever. A few years ago the Navy changed their period to award a Good Conduct medal from 4 years to 3 years. We just considered it as an award for not getting caught. I do have to admit though, this is the first time I have heard of the award being used to describe someone as a decorated veteran.

bob

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2023, 01:28:43 PM »
They have been doing that in all of the services forever. A few years ago the Navy changed their period to award a Good Conduct medal from 4 years to 3 years. We just considered it as an award for not getting caught. I do have to admit though, this is the first time I have heard of the award being used to describe someone as a decorated veteran.

Now that you mention it, I probably have a good conduct medal among the various and sundry that I "earned" during my all expenses paid vacation in southeast Asia. I forgot about it because, as you expressed it, it seems the sort of thing that everyone gets if they don't get into too much trouble. Describing someone as a "decorated veteran" because of a good conduct medal is sort of like calling them "decorated" for having received a national defense medal.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 01:47:53 PM »
WLJ noted, "I saw a news blurb yesterday but today noticed this and who she is obviously doesn't fit the usual narrative of who the media wishes she was which is probably why we're not hearing much on the matter otherwise we would be hearing it about from the roof tops. Instead it's back page news"

Finding one mention of Trump anywhere in her comms will ignite the furor.

"Who's that guy running for President.... Tromp... Thump...?"

Ka-zoom ! Off they'll go.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2023, 02:08:27 PM »
Now that you mention it, I probably have a good conduct medal among the various and sundry that I "earned" during my all expenses paid vacation in southeast Asia. I forgot about it because, as you expressed it, it seems the sort of thing that everyone gets if they don't get into too much trouble. Describing someone as a "decorated veteran" because of a good conduct medal is sort of like calling them "decorated" for having received a national defense medal.

I didn't even think of those, I better not do anything wrong that would hit the media because I have a couple of NDSM and 5 GC, I would be a "muchly decorated veteran". It wold bring disgrace upon me, my family and the USN!   :rofl:

bob

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2023, 08:54:54 PM »
My fruit salad rack  carried 10 ribbons with several of them having one or more cute little bronze strars for multiple awards on them. 4 of them were for actual medals.
BFHDD.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2023, 03:44:49 AM »
My fruit salad rack  carried 10 ribbons with several of them having one or more cute little bronze strars for multiple awards on them. 4 of them were for actual medals.
BFHDD.

I apparently was awarded several that I didn't even know about for several decades after I got out of the Army. I don't even remember how or why I was in contact with the records branch a few years ago -- might have been when trying to reconstruct my father's WW2 service, since my name is the same as his. Anyhoo, some while after I had forgotten about Army records, a very thick envelope arrived from the records center with copies of a bunch of orders awarding me medals I had never heard of. If I thought my daughter might care even a little bit, I'd send 'em all off the Medals of America and get the mess of them mounted up in a shadow box display. But she doesn't care, so there's no point. They're all in a shoe box in an upstairs closet.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2023, 08:25:48 PM »
I got a bunch of stuff during the GWOT. Some for showing up and breathing,  some for actually doing neat stuff.

The .mil gives out medals during war like they are candy.  You need to read medal racks with a gimlet eye these days. Or better yet, don't judge someone by the medals they have without seeing their behavior for yourself.

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2023, 11:37:04 PM »
I got a red hash and a bare chest...
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2023, 12:02:51 PM »
I got a bunch of stuff during the GWOT. Some for showing up and breathing,  some for actually doing neat stuff.

If you want to tell us some of the neat stuff you did, I would enjoy hearing it.