Author Topic: New chili recipe today...  (Read 1393 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: New chili recipe today...
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2024, 01:17:27 PM »
I just read through the Goulash thread (your continuing objection is noted, Ben, so sit the hell down! :rof: ) and I'm changing my cooking plans.

I'm making Goulash this weekend!
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2024, 04:01:12 PM »
Got a pot of the white chili in the making right now.

I've made some changes...

I've increased the beans to 3 cans (one of which I spin up to thicken it), I add about a cup of white wine to the onions and let that reduce, I've added 8 ounces of mushrooms to this batch, and I'm making it with about 1.5 pounds of ground turkey, which I needed to use.

Smells fantastic in here...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2024, 06:04:30 PM »
I made a pot of red (as God intended) chili a couple of days ago.  :laugh:  I used dried ancho peppers and some homegrown puya pepper flakes (a smaller hotter variety of guajillo) for the bulk of the chiles, but I also dumped in the last of a jar of Penzey's "Chili 9000" that Wife bought a couple of years ago.  It turned out okay, but a little too much curry powder  :P (from the Chili 9000)  I should have just used half of it, and used up the last little bit next time.  Or thrown it out.  I've been trying to clean out the spice cupboard and the back of the pantry lately.

I don't shop at Penzey's, but their "Chili 3000" is actually good.  It doesn't have weird stuff like fenugreek, coriander, and cloves in it.  Mainly I'd rather mix my own dried red peppers, cumin, oregano, and a little black pepper.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2024, 07:23:36 AM »
Time for another pot of this. Yeah, it's that good.

Only, I forgot to get green chilies and I'll have to use beef broth because I'm out of chicken broth. That's a big nothing burger, I think, though.