Author Topic: Zuckerberg's Zombie Apocalypse Compound  (Read 1434 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Zuckerberg's Zombie Apocalypse Compound
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2023, 10:23:54 AM »
I always get a chuckle out of people that have a bug-out compound someplace away from their regular home. If you ain't there when the SHTF you probably ain't gonna get there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEj3LA2vSo
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2023, 10:40:40 AM »
I remember when Zucky and friends were crying about how Trump's wall was hurty and racist and racistly hurty and all that and how we should be building bridges...

And then someone posted, on Facebook, pictures of the very large and sturdy security wall that surrounds Zuckerland in Connecticut with his bridge words superimposed on it.

I seem to recall that those pictures disappeared in rather short order.

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2023, 11:01:22 AM »
He (they) might also be assuming that after the final mushroom cloud settles down, there won't be anyone left out there anyway.   Chernobyl 2020 census = 0.

And of course, there's the historical lessons...

If there's a castle to be breached, someone will figure a way to breach it.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 19, 2023, 11:44:11 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2023, 09:26:50 PM »
Only way to defend a fixed location long term is to (1) harden the target as best as possible, and (2) have a security corps whose loyalty is not dependent on paychecks.  Guards doing it for pay have a tendency to walk away when things get tough.  After all, even a huge paycheck isn't gonna do you any good if you're dead.  Best way he could get their loyalty and maximum efforts would be to bring all of their families to the bunker.  Doubt he would want to share that much, but it's best way to get guards to stay at their posts.

As for the armory, I was going to comment on Hawaii's strict firearms laws, but then I realized Zuckerberg is a mega-rich elite, so laws do not apply to him...
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2023, 08:17:48 AM »
That is when your private security/mercenaries, armory, and medical facility start earning their keep.

Er... That is when they end up owning the bunker...
Blog under construction

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2023, 08:31:02 AM »
Okay, Using roundish numbers here...

10,000 rounds of .22LR is about $700ish.

10,000,000 would be about $700,000.

And from there...

With a smallish budget of $500 million (considering...), you could stock enough ammo to keep a mostly disarmed population brushed back quite a bit, just using .22s...

At which point the population develops an armored trebuchet, and starts lobbing boulders at your solar array.

Because "collapse" of society won't be starting from scratch. There'll be someone wandering around who geeked on medieval siege weapons.
Blog under construction

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2023, 08:54:45 AM »
If buying that many 22s you're probably getting a pretty good bulk discount.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2023, 10:00:48 AM »
. . . As for the armory, I was going to comment on Hawaii's strict firearms laws, but then I realized Zuckerberg is a mega-rich elite, so laws do not apply to him...
And neither he nor his personal Gulfstream will be subject to TSA or CBP screening, so long as he doesn't arrive from a foreign country.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2023, 10:15:59 AM »
Anyone really think Z-berg's bunker doesn't already have a large arms and ammo stash?
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2023, 10:16:31 AM »
Anyone really think Z-berg's bunker doesn't already have a large arms and ammo stash?

Still had to get it there
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2023, 10:18:19 AM »
Still had to get it there

Yup, and no doubt it was easy for him to acquire the stuff and transport it there.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2023, 10:25:23 AM »
With his money it should be fairly easy.
Heck he could rent an entire container ship.
Now the question is how closely do they monitor the many coast lines in Hawaii for odd ships showing up?
- Calvin and Hobbes

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2023, 10:47:41 AM »
With his money it should be fairly easy.
Heck he could rent an entire container ship.
Now the question is how closely do they monitor the many coast lines in Hawaii for odd ships showing up?

I suspect he enjoys something like diplomatic immunity for anything he brings onto the island.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2023, 10:49:48 AM »
I suspect he enjoys something like diplomatic democrat donor immunity for anything he brings onto the island.

FIFY
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2023, 06:52:38 PM »
T.O.M. said,

"... and (2) have a security corps whose loyalty is not dependent on paychecks.  Guards doing it for pay have a tendency to walk away when things get tough.  After all, even a huge paycheck isn't gonna do you any good if you're dead.  Best way he could get their loyalty and maximum efforts would be to bring all of their families to the bunker.  Doubt he would want to share that much, but it's best way to get guards to stay at their posts."

I don't know.  I'm often amazed about how dictators throughout history grew to have such loyalty to the dictator that when s/he says, Kill That Person (or millions of persons)  the Dictatee does it.

Lots of times it's hereditary, but I wonder about how the original Dictator acquired that kind of loyalty in the first place.

Sometimes it's religion... I first got interested in those "first steps" to Dictatorship with the Tom Jim Jones and People's Temple dealie, but it goes beyond the mere religious factor.

It's an abiding interest of mine, and I often wonder about the common factors involved in the rise of any dictatorship.

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:30:58 AM by 230RN »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2023, 06:59:55 PM »

I don't know.  I'm often amazed about how dictators throughout history grew to have such loyalty to the dictator that when s/he says, Kill That Person (or millions of persons)  the Dictatee does it.

Early on many will often attached themselves to the coattails of those seeking power and then later they remain loyal because their social status and that of their family depends on the well being of the dictator. Many also enjoy the feeling of power it gives to someone who otherwise would be just another peasant with a boot on their face. Add to that the fear that if they don't they are the ones killed and often their families as well usually in gruesome ways. To further add to that they know if the dictator falls the opposition will then come after them as well their families again usually in gruesome ways
« Last Edit: December 22, 2023, 07:12:57 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2023, 09:54:20 PM »
Bogie observed,

"At which point the population develops an armored trebuchet, and starts lobbing boulders at your solar array."

If there's a population left.  I repeat, Chernobyl census 2020 = 0.

However, the trebuchet thing reminde me of:

If there's a castle to be breached, someone will figure a way to breach it.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2023, 10:18:44 PM »
Speaking of a trebuchet, wouldn't it make for a smaller, lighter, and more maneuverable to have a "ballista" instead?
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2023, 11:43:10 PM »
Anything that throweth big hard heavy thingies or big burny thingies or smelly corpsey thingies a long way with some decent direction.  It was good if the big hard heavy things could hit in the same place on the structure time after time.

This all required a lot of engine-uity. 

Viz, successive hits in the right places --silo shooting:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/a6GWSiIxG1o?feature=share (<1:00)

https://youtu.be/TSCinpgPluY (2:36)

Terry, 230RN
« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 12:44:52 AM by 230RN »

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2023, 02:12:14 AM »

Sometimes it's religion... I first got interested in those "first steps" to Dictatorship with the Tom Jones and People's Temple dealie, but it goes beyond the mere religious factor.

Terry, 230RN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIO8z4yOA8w

:angel:
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #45 on: December 23, 2023, 03:29:22 AM »
Oops. JIM Jones.  Struck out Tom, added Jim.  Let that be my worst mistake of the week.  I guess I was thinking of the poster, T.O.M., and linked it with the movie Tom Jones.  Had nothing to do with the singer.i

Thank you.

Terry

REFs:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Jones_(1963_film)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

« Last Edit: December 23, 2023, 03:49:46 AM by 230RN »

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #46 on: December 25, 2023, 09:17:28 AM »
Fair point.  History has shown us examples of people who have shown an ability to get people to do things for them through blind loyalty.  Personally, I don't see Zuckerberg generating that kind of fanatical loyalty, but that's just me.

Chris "I didn't drink the Kool Aid"
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
« Reply #47 on: December 25, 2023, 01:20:21 PM »
^ I'm still fascinated with the origins of Dictatorship.  Blind loyalty at the outet is probably key (apart from the other factors, such as religion),

But I guess once you get two goons around you who are willing to kill for you, you're "on your way" to higher and higher levels of control.

Or maybe just two publishers who are willing to lie for you....
« Last Edit: December 25, 2023, 01:33:06 PM by 230RN »

tokugawa

• friend
« Reply #48 on: December 25, 2023, 06:16:30 PM »
Early on many will often attached themselves to the coattails of those seeking power and then later they remain loyal because their social status and that of their family depends on the well being of the dictator. Many also enjoy the feeling of power it gives to someone who otherwise would be just another peasant with a boot on their face. Add to that the fear that if they don't they are the ones killed and often their families as well usually in gruesome ways. To further add to that they know if the dictator falls the opposition will then come after them as well their families again usually in gruesome ways

Do some subtraction speculation -  get rid of the pesky outsiders who want stuff,
and reduce the equation to    Z + minions + z's-stuff.