Author Topic: General Mark Milley and President Trump  (Read 655 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
General Mark Milley and President Trump
« on: December 17, 2023, 12:47:51 PM »
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2023/11/general-mark-milley-trump-coup/675375/

An interesting article on the relationship between General Mark Milley and President Trump.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

sumpnz

• friend
Re: General Mark Milley and President Trump
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2023, 12:57:01 PM »
That is some serious dreck.  Though I've come to expect that from The Atlantic.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2023, 01:03:15 PM »
So, what does the article say?  It requires an account to read.

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2023, 01:19:58 PM »

By the time I got to end of the preview it was obviously a puff piece on Miiley and how he "protected" the cou try and constitution from the raveges of the obviously dangerous DJT.  Or whatever.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2023, 02:12:16 PM »
By the time I got to end of the preview it was obviously a puff piece on Miiley and how he "protected" the cou try and constitution from the raveges of the obviously dangerous DJT.  Or whatever.

I stopped trying to read it about there.  So, DJT is obviously unfit to be POTUS, but old Grandpa Ramble is just fine?
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2023, 05:59:40 PM »

Reader's Digest Version: Orange Man Bad!
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2023, 07:47:00 PM »
I am of the opinion that Milley committed treason when he met Pelosi during the transition period to assure her or whatever that the military wouldn't become the prize of dictator Trump or whatever.  At the time Trump was his boss and Pelosi had squat to do with the military chain of command as long as pres and vp were breathing.  And I am still stuck on Syria, I am sad to learn our allies were hung out  by the withdrawal and reversal but it still confounds me the president ordered us out and we're still there. I think the top bureaucrats and pentagon answer to no one.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2023, 04:12:36 PM »
I am of the opinion that Milley committed treason when he met Pelosi during the transition period to assure her or whatever that the military wouldn't become the prize of dictator Trump or whatever.  At the time Trump was his boss and Pelosi had squat to do with the military chain of command as long as pres and vp were breathing.  And I am still stuck on Syria, I am sad to learn our allies were hung out  by the withdrawal and reversal but it still confounds me the president ordered us out and we're still there. I think the top bureaucrats and pentagon answer to no one.

I'm not certain what he did was treason, but he certainly went outside his chain of command. Milley was a snake. He should never have been in that office.

[Edit to add] I forgot about the call to China. Yes, that was treason.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2023, 07:18:13 PM »

All the rules went out the window when it comes to Trump. Or, the facade has finally fallen away as to how things have really worked behind the scenes all along.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.