Author Topic: 25 yr old female ccw guilty of murder  (Read 1300 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: 25 yr old female ccw guilty of murder
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2023, 04:44:27 PM »
After hearing arguments and witness statements, the Clayton County judge sentenced Payne to serve life in prison with the possibility of parole for the charge of malice murder. She will also serve eight years consecutively for the count of false imprisonment and another five for possession of a firearm during the commission of a felony. Click here to re-watch the sentencing.
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/trials/hannah-payne-sentenced-murder-kenneth-herring/85-8bc93d0e-c141-457c-bb75-76b97916f68e
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2023, 05:25:54 PM »
            oooh, that stinks for her!
 I meet so many people, many to the tenth power, tons and tons ( who own/carry guns )  - who can't seem to understand they need to actually study and know deadly force rules/laws for the jurisdiction where they live and visit. I suspect she thought having a ccw gave her police powers.

I think that a life sentence is too harsh  - I would have given her ten or something.
 Lots of people get shorter sentences for longer crimes.

I'm not buying the confused poor old man narrative, I think he was on something and he thought he would win the fight with the girl because he has won lots of fights with angry girls .

I hope whoever filled her head with nonsense about the who/what/where/why and hows of using a gun is questioning their advice.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2023, 05:45:55 PM »
https://www.11alive.com/article/news/crime/trials/hannah-payne-sentenced-murder-kenneth-herring/85-8bc93d0e-c141-457c-bb75-76b97916f68e

I'm not seeing any way this fits the charge of Malice Murder.

https://law.justia.com/codes/georgia/2022/title-16/chapter-5/article-1/section-16-5-1/

No "malice aforethought," and no deliberate intention. And I certainly don't think the circumstances reflect "an abandoned and malignant heart." She did act foolishly, but this verdict is a miscarriage of justice. I'd love to read the judge's instructions to the jury.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023, 05:47:57 PM »
I'd love to read the judge's instructions to the jury.

I'd be interested in the jury demographics. "Better to be tried by twelve" doesn't hold the weight it once did.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2023, 09:59:24 PM »
I did not know it happened in GA... you are right.

Eliminating the citizen's arrest in GA was a moral obscenity, and not necessary at all even given the stupid Aubrey situation.

If someone breaks into your house and rapes your daughter, and runs... you can go to jail of you capture and hold him for the cops.

I guess the GA lawmakers were afraid of being called racist.   ;/

Why would you call the police if you caught your daughter’s rapist and deny yourself the opportunity to do God’s work?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #30 on: December 15, 2023, 10:03:26 PM »
Why would you call the police if you caught your daughter’s rapist and deny yourself the opportunity to do God’s work?

Well, since GA eliminated citizen's arrest, I suppose you could be charged with murder if you killed the fleeing rapist.

It is astoundingly stupid.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #31 on: December 15, 2023, 11:39:40 PM »

Mark 12:17

Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's and unto G-d that which is G-d's.

Versions differ slightly.

Somewhat controversial, but often used to differentiate the just powers of the civil government from the just powers of religious authority.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2023, 02:36:35 PM »
Your boomstick is NOT an all-purpose tool.
Blog under construction