Author Topic: Help me catch a thief  (Read 2361 times)

Declaration Day

• friends
Re: Help me catch a thief
« Reply #25 on: December 26, 2023, 03:53:28 PM »
Let me guess... he got promoted, while everyone in the restroom was docked pay for taking an extended break.

Ha!  No. BUT, he has since been suspended for sexual harassment AND habitual tardiness (1/2 hour to an hour late), and still has his job.  Well, he'll resume his job after his broken foot heals up from dropping a 400-lb weldment on it a few weeks ago.

Can you tell it's a union shop?
« Last Edit: December 26, 2023, 04:21:54 PM by Declaration Day »

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #26 on: December 26, 2023, 09:17:31 PM »
Hey Brad, was it you who told us a story a couple of years ago about you wanting to deal with someone for gaming their sick leave or something like that, and HR offered the "punishment" of giving the person two days suspension... WITH pay?

YES! It was! https://armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=55054.50

Maybe when you finally catch up with your thief HR will give him a bunch of restaurant vouchers to punish him...  :rofl:

Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #27 on: December 26, 2023, 09:39:41 PM »
I'd forgotten about that.  :rofl:

I haven't had to deal with direct-report issues for almost half a decade now. It's been... nice.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #28 on: December 27, 2023, 09:00:26 AM »
I'd forgotten about that.  :rofl:

I haven't had to deal with direct-report issues for almost half a decade now. It's been... nice.

Brad

I have always said the optimum healthcare administration job is one in which I have no direct reports and don't have to deal with patients.  I have had no direct reports now for a year and likely won't have any by the time I retire in 2025.  Still have the patients, though.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2024, 07:52:53 AM »
Ever find your thief, Brad?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2024, 09:27:01 AM »
No updates since we turned it over to campus PD, but also nothing else stolen.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2024, 11:40:39 AM »
No updates since we turned it over to campus PD, but also nothing else stolen.

Brad

APS DEMANDS A HEAD ON A PIKE!

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2024, 12:04:59 PM »
Does it need to be a specific head because I know a guy
7-11 was a part time job.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2024, 02:53:52 PM »
A head's a head, I guess.

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2024, 03:36:10 PM »

(surely everyone here gets the reference.)
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2024, 03:40:39 PM »
Actually, I don't get the reference.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2024, 03:43:29 PM »
Actually, I don't get the reference.

Reflection, surprise, terror. For the future.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2024, 04:46:59 PM »
The hairdo looks like the count's hairdo in Bram Stoker's Dracula from the 1990s...

lee n. field

• friend

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2024, 08:57:30 PM »
I have a cow orker, theoretical subordinate, who is a pink and green-haired perpetual victim.

We made  her work today! Yay.

Still did less than everyone else.

I may do the chip thing. She strikes me as a lunch thief...
Blog under construction

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2024, 09:10:13 PM »
Babylon 5

this one first: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0n2vurSBIQ&pp=ygUYQmFieWxvbiA1IHZpciBhbmQgbW9yZGVu

then this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47DfQcHMYLY&pp=ygUYQmFieWxvbiA1IHZpciBhbmQgbW9yZGVu

OK, that explains that. I watched part of the first episode of Babylon 5, didn't like it at all, and that was that.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2024, 10:43:14 PM »

(surely everyone here gets the reference.)

And it is sad to think that Stephen Furst died 7 years ago just over a month after he turned 63 from diabetes related problems.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2024, 11:00:52 PM »
OK, that explains that. I watched part of the first episode of Babylon 5, didn't like it at all, and that was that.

Too bad.  With the cast they had and (some of) the writing, it was a good show.
But the actors that were on the show have not had such good luckl.  As I mentioned above, Furst died in 2017.
Mira Furlan - Delenn - died 2021, age 65 complications of West Nile virus;
Andreas Katsulas - G'Kar - died 2006, age 59, lung cancer;
Jerry Doyle - Garibaldi - died 2016, age 60, complications of alcoholism, (he married Andrea Thompson, the tall blonde PsiCorp telepath);
and Michael O'Hare - Cmdr. Sinclair - died 2012 of a heart attack.  According to IMDB, B5 creator J. Michael Straczynski confirmed that:
By the time O'Hare passed away in September 2012, he hadn't had a role in over a decade, nor had he been seen out in public for years, fueling speculation he was gravely ill for the last several years of his life. Only upon O'Hare's death (and at his request) did close friend and Babylon 5 creator J. Michael Straczynski confirm that he had, in fact, been battling an increasing debilitating case of schizophrenia. Straczynski also confirmed that O'Hare's difficulty with the illness was the primary reason he was forced to leave Babylon 5 at the end of the first season, a decision which was mutual and very amicable. JMS even went so far as to delay the filming of the series several months to try and accommodate his condition, but O'Hare declined, citing that the delay would adversely affect the rest of the cast & crew, and insisted that they should continue without him. O'Hare would eventually return for a brief cameo in the second season, as well as a guest role in the third season that concluded his character's story in the series.
[/size][/font]
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: February 11, 2024, 06:56:44 AM »
Too bad.  With the cast they had and (some of) the writing, it was a good show.
But the actors that were on the show have not had such good luckl.  As I mentioned above, Furst died in 2017.
Mira Furlan - Delenn - died 2021, age 65 complications of West Nile virus;
Andreas Katsulas - G'Kar - died 2006, age 59, lung cancer;
Jerry Doyle - Garibaldi - died 2016, age 60, complications of alcoholism, (he married Andrea Thompson, the tall blonde PsiCorp telepath);
and Michael O'Hare - Cmdr. Sinclair - died 2012 of a heart attack.  According to IMDB, B5 creator J. Michael Straczynski confirmed that:

Quite a few more actors from the show have passed, according to https://www.imdb.com/list/ls023048945/
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2024, 10:34:23 AM »

I don't even remember the first episode.  First season was a lot of scene setting and foreshadowing.  Second season things ramp up.

The two video clips are separated by years, in real life TV seasons and in the story arc.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2024, 12:15:47 PM »
I don't even remember the first episode.  First season was a lot of scene setting and foreshadowing.  Second season things ramp up.

The two video clips are separated by years, in real life TV seasons and in the story arc.

I just realized I haven't rewatched the series or movies in many years now. I need to rewatch the whole shebang again.

If I hadn't stuck it out past the first few episodes of season 1, I might have missed out on a good thing. Season three was pretty phenomenal. It was a shame how the network jacked JMS around for the last two seasons. Even with that, he did a good story arc.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2024, 11:46:15 PM »
Quite a few more actors from the show have passed, according to https://www.imdb.com/list/ls023048945/

True, but many of those were guest stars on just 1 or 2 episodes.  I was referring to the main cast.
Thanks for the link as I was unaware that both Zack Allen and Richard Biggs had also died.

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #47 on: February 15, 2024, 08:30:33 AM »
Despite the satisfaction of applying swift and terrible justice (e.g., in the form of "poisoning" one's food to catch a thief), it is against the law here in Colorado to use booby traps or mantraps to protect property.  I assume this is because it ultimately denies the suspect to a fair trial and proper punishment regarding his/her guilt.

Be that as it may, the Colorado Constitution provides:

----------
ARTICLE II
Bill of Rights

Section 3. Inalienable rights. All persons have certain natural, essential and inalienable rights, among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; and of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness.
----------------

This would seem to render unconstitutional the mantrap and booby trap laws.  Yes? No?

Worth kickin' around, but I have it on second-hand but quasi-reliable authority that a person whose business  had been repeatedly  burgled  "got off" under that Constitutional provision after the shotgun he had rigged on his door killed the repeat offender. 

The matter, I was told informally, was swept under the rug with a plea deal and some other legal maneuvering since the authorities did not want it to be generally known that there was an apparent conflict between "The Law" and the Constitution... a problem which seems to be general around the nation.

Now  you understand that this information was gleaned by innocent conversation over coffee over twenty years ago with a person who was closely associated with the matter, so should not be considered definitive.

I just wonder if the "poisoners" in this thread, while sort of guilty of setting a "mantrap" (or "student-trap") might have been able to apply the right "of acquiring, possessing and protecting property" if it had occurred in Colorado.

Funny how Constitutions can be casually ignored by the whim of Legislators and authoritarian twits.

Me go now.

Terry, 230RN
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

lee n. field

• friend
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2024, 10:33:50 AM »
True, but many of those were guest stars on just 1 or 2 episodes.  I was referring to the main cast.
Thanks for the link as I was unaware that both Zack Allen and Richard Biggs had also died.

The guy who played Zathras (yeah, only a few episodes) also died.