Author Topic: So, I got a belgian waffle iron for myself for Christmas  (Read 639 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
So, I got a belgian waffle iron for myself for Christmas
« on: December 26, 2023, 12:03:49 AM »
I've tried waffles. Not too shabby, at least up there with Hotel Free Breakfast stuff...

And I've tried Cinnamon Rolls (the small 8/tube ones, four up), and those aren't too shabby either.

Any ideas?
Blog under construction

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
Re: So, I got a belgian waffle iron for myself for Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2023, 01:01:23 AM »
Say no to bisquick.

Make Belguim Waffles from scratch.  The kind where you separate the eggs and beat the egg whites into peaks.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

HankB

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2023, 07:32:38 AM »
You got a belgian waffle iron? Congrats - I didn't know they made waffle irons in Belgium - glad you didn't buy something made in China.

:rofl:
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2023, 11:04:31 AM »
Bite a waffle. The holes are deep enough to go to China...
Blog under construction

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2023, 01:04:52 PM »
Say no to bisquick.

Make Belguim Waffles from scratch.  The kind where you separate the eggs and beat the egg whites into peaks.

What he said. Take the time, do them from scratch. Always under cook a few and throw in the freezer for your very own freezer waffles.

I want to hit the local Goodwill and get a decent waffle iron so I can do the weird things I don't want to do on my good waffle iron.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OraOAQUySjg

bob

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2023, 07:12:53 PM »
Say no to bisquick.

I don't mind Bisquick but they aren't even in the same league with waffles from scratch.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2023, 06:57:31 AM »
Bisquick has always had an odd bitter flavor to me. I don't know if it's the leavening that they use or what, but I have never cared for it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2023, 09:35:56 AM »
Bisquick has always had an odd bitter flavor to me. I don't know if it's the leavening that they use or what, but I have never cared for it.
Here's a website rather critical of current Bisquick and some of the ingredients, which are identified as "Banned at Whole Foods."

https://www.ingredientinspector.org/home/whats-in-bisquick-ingredients

I vaguely remember my mother using Bisquick once or twice when I was very young, but her use of it didn't last long - she said her own pancakes and waffles "tasted better." Apparently "old" Bisquick had more wholesome ingredients than what they're currently selling, but the old ad at the above website dates to 1940, well before my time. So I suspect by the time I was around, it was probably chemical Bisquick that Mom tried.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2023, 10:07:23 AM »
My Mother used to use it, not much, but some, and that was close to 50 years ago.

I've not used it since. I just remember stuff made with it having an odd flavor.

Well, I will occasionally buy a bottle of Bisquick pancake mix, those little yellow bottles. I don't know if those are the same stuff as in the box or not. But, kind of hard to actually taste the pancakes when they're resting under covering of butter, maple syrup, over easy eggs, and sausage or ham.  :P
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2023, 02:57:01 PM »
My Mother used to use it, not much, but some, and that was close to 50 years ago.

I've not used it since. I just remember stuff made with it having an odd flavor.

Well, I will occasionally buy a bottle of Bisquick pancake mix, those little yellow bottles. I don't know if those are the same stuff as in the box or not. But, kind of hard to actually taste the pancakes when they're resting under covering of butter, maple syrup, over easy eggs, and sausage or ham.  :P
I've used those bottles on camping trips, very convenient.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.