Author Topic: Things that make you feel dumb  (Read 923 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Things that make you feel dumb
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2024, 07:36:24 AM »
Oh another dumb thing I have done twice now - not today, but I thought of it when I was making coffee. Put the K-cup in the Keurig, press the button, walk away. Come back in five minutes to see you forgot to put the coffee cup on the machine.

Edit for clarity: Keurigs don't have any kind of cup sensor. They dispense the coffee whether there is a cup there or not.  =)
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 07:56:23 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2024, 07:49:54 AM »
Oh another dumb thing I have done twice now - not today, but I thought of it when I was making coffee. Put the K-cup in the Keurig, press the button, walk away. Come back in five minutes to see you forgot to put the coffee cup on the machine.

Along those lines with a reg coffee maker
Coming back and there just an hot empty pot sitting there because I forgot to put water in or coming back to a pot of hot water because I forgot the coffee.
In my defense these occurred before coffee
« Last Edit: January 03, 2024, 08:27:08 AM by WLJ »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2024, 08:17:03 AM »

Edit for clarity: Keurigs don't have any kind of cup sensor. They dispense the coffee whether there is a cup there or not.  =)
My Keurig has a catch basin under the cup platform to catch mistakes like that and keep the coffee from running all over the counter - it's almost as if they ANTICIPATED that sort of brain fart. .

Be sure you remember to empty it next time you have an "oops."    ;)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2024, 08:20:17 AM »
My Keurig has a catch basin under the cup platform to catch mistakes like that and keep the coffee from running all over the counter - it's almost as if they ANTICIPATED that sort of brain fart. .

Be sure you remember to empty it next time you have an "oops."    ;)

That works unless you have one of the smaller "express" Keurigs coupled with a Ben-size coffee cup. The basin probably caught 1/2-2/3 of the cup. The counter and floor caught the rest.  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #29 on: January 03, 2024, 05:24:16 PM »
That works unless you have one of the smaller "express" Keurigs coupled with a Ben-size coffee cup. The basin probably caught 1/2-2/3 of the cup. The counter and floor caught the rest.  :laugh:
WeatherTech - the makers of those auto accessories they advertise heavily on TV like floor mats for cars & trucks - should make a mat to fit under a Keurig. If they can catch the slush that melts off your boots when you get behind the wheel, surely they can make something to catch a little spilt coffee.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2024, 05:28:52 PM »
Most nights I set up the coffee-maker, so in the morning we only need to press a button. There have been a couple of times my wife just pressed the button on a partially-filled water reservoir and yesterday's grounds. That is some terrible coffee, I can tell you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2024, 05:45:04 PM »
There have been a couple of times my wife just pressed the button on a partially-filled water reservoir and yesterday's grounds. That is some terrible coffee, I can tell you.

Wimp.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2024, 05:54:10 PM »
WeatherTech - the makers of those auto accessories they advertise heavily on TV like floor mats for cars & trucks - should make a mat to fit under a Keurig. If they can catch the slush that melts off your boots when you get behind the wheel, surely they can make something to catch a little spilt coffee.

If they make them in camo I'm buying one.  =D

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2024, 05:58:44 PM »
If they make them in camo I'm buying one.  =D

Just attach the word "Tactical" and would sell millions
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2024, 06:03:53 PM »
Just attach the word "Tactical" and would sell millions

Exactly! Tactical emergency caffeine retention module MK1, MOD2.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2024, 06:22:44 PM »
Exactly! Tactical emergency caffeine retention module MK1, MOD2.

Googled "tactical coffee maker" and this came up under best tactical coffee maker https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/products/aeropress-coffee-maker?variant=8495592195
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2024, 06:26:22 PM »
Wimp.

Brad

PM with your address. I can send you my used grounds for a very reasonable fee.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2024, 06:28:16 PM »
Googled "tactical coffee maker" and this came up under best tactical coffee maker https://www.blackriflecoffee.com/products/aeropress-coffee-maker?variant=8495592195

Is it M-Lok compatible?

HankB

• friend
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2024, 07:41:29 PM »
You need a tactical coffee mug to go with it.

(I'm pretty sure there's a mug under there somewhere. )

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2024, 10:13:50 PM »
A 1913-mounted bipod should help with the weight.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2024, 09:58:38 AM »
I walked into a piece of equipment and have ended up missing three days of work this week due to the bruising and swelling on my shin and calf. ooof
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2024, 10:35:11 AM »
You need a tactical coffee mug to go with it.

(I'm pretty sure there's a mug under there somewhere. )
Tactical cup holders do exist.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2024, 05:40:50 PM »
I broke down a boat load of gifted 45-70 rounds and I figured I would burn off the powder rather than throw it on my rocks. When I had grass I just used it in the yard but it doesn't do a thing for rocks. Anyhow it is  1. a good thing I was using a stand off lighter to get it started and 2. while not flash powder it does burn pretty fast. I don't know if I was told they were BP or not but you can bet from now on if it is a round that can be it will be treated as such and the powder just tossed into the dirt! ;)

bob

HankB

• friend
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2024, 08:48:07 PM »
I broke down a boat load of gifted 45-70 rounds and I figured I would burn off the powder rather than throw it on my rocks. When I had grass I just used it in the yard but it doesn't do a thing for rocks. Anyhow it is  1. a good thing I was using a stand off lighter to get it started and 2. while not flash powder it does burn pretty fast. I don't know if I was told they were BP or not but you can bet from now on if it is a round that can be it will be treated as such and the powder just tossed into the dirt! ;)

bob
The few times I've burned a large quantity of smokeless powder I've poured it out into a long train rather than putting it in a single pile. I've never noticed it burning particularly fast.