Author Topic: It's getting sporty in south Texas  (Read 1534 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: It's getting sporty in south Texas
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2024, 01:04:39 PM »
Lots of Civil War talk on the internet
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2024, 02:39:39 PM »
Several more Governors have come out in support of Texas.

https://twitchy.com/samj/2024/01/25/youngkin-va-stands-with-texas-n2392151

At this point, "stand with Texas" is just talk, but I'm curious: If Biden federalizes TXNG, could Youngkin, for example, order his NG to Texas (obviously with Abbott's permission) to take over TXNG border security? Certainly Biden could then just federalize Virginia NG, but it sure would look bad if the President federalized NG after NG.

Parts of the MO NG has been down there helping the state since October and I'm sure that several other states already have troops on the border.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2024, 03:23:03 PM »
I haven't heard the specifics, but apparently Biden gave Texas 24 hours to comply, or else. Abbott apparently said he didn't need 24 hours. I guess don't write checks your ass can't cash, Brandon.

Current list of states standing with Texas (whatever "standing" ends up meaning):

Updated list of states announcing they stand w/ Texas in border dispute w/ federal government.

Florida
Virginia
Georgia
North Dakota
South Dakota
Tennessee
Alabama
Montana
Idaho
Utah
West Virginia
Oklahoma
Nebraska
Louisiana

Several of these states have also previously sent physical help. State troopers, etc.

Edit: Looks like a bunch more jumped on since the first list came out. I count 21.

"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2024, 04:12:46 PM »
Looks like 27 states now. Brandon probably shouldn't have made an ultimatum. Or he should have fired Mayorkis before it got this far. I would say the border czar as well, but oh well.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2024, 05:20:31 PM »
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2024, 05:26:53 PM »
25 GOP governors issue a joint statement supporting Texas:

https://www.rga.org/republican-governors-ban-together-issue-joint-statement-supporting-texas-constitutional-right-self-defense/

Yes, just talk.  For now.

I just checked the main pages of the big MSM websites. Strangely, now that it's more than just Texas, the entire subject has disappeared. CNN has something about Trump kiboshing an immigration agreement. MSNBC is nearly 100% anti-Trump stories. Even Fox only has one story on it. Seems like half the states in the country in rebellion mode would get more MSM attention.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2024, 07:11:30 PM »
It's all Trump's fault from guess who

Mitt Romney: “I think the border is a very important issue for Donald Trump. And the fact that he would communicate to Republican senators and congresspeople that he doesn't want us to solve the border problem because he wants to blame Biden for it is is really appalling." pic.twitter.com/L1LJex10JY
    — Manu Raju (@mkraju) January 25, 2024
https://twitchy.com/brettt/2024/01/25/sen-mitt-romney-lays-the-border-crisis-at-donald-trumps-feet-n2392179

And on that note

Katie Couric tells Vice President Harris she's 'not in charge of the border'
Harris said the GOP didn't want to fix the border because they wanted to 'run on it'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/katie-couric-tells-vice-president-harris-shes-not-in-charge-border
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2024, 09:50:47 PM »
So it all comes down to who pays for what huh.

In the end though they can talk all the legalese and technicalities that they want but the elephant in the room is that the federal government is not only in complete dereliction of duties but is actively breaking laws, and if you want to go further to the huge beached whale in the room you might say that the federal government is intentionally and strategically betraying the sovereignty of the country and setting fire to the fabric of the nation by orchestrating a foreign invasion. There is a point where domestic authorities become domestic enemies, it all depends on who is daring enough to call a spade a spade. “In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”

Well put !
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2024, 09:53:19 PM »
This. 

If Biden federalizes the TXNG, or sends AD troops down there to open the border in this age of citizen reporter and viral video there's no chance he, or any other Democrat, wins the White House this year, and it might actually force the House to finish those articles of impeachment.

If the election were honest, I would agree with you.  I no longer believe that to be true.  :facepalm:
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2024, 11:44:31 PM »

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2024, 11:45:23 PM »
MSNBC is nearly 100% anti-Trump stories.

... and has been since 2016.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2024, 09:50:34 AM »
. . . MSNBC is nearly 100% anti-Trump stories . . .
Hannity on FOX has been referring to that network as MSDNC for quite a while. I actually came up with that moniker myself before I heard Hannity use it on TV, and I'm pretty sure others did too. It fits.

Most of the legacy media abandoned even the pretense of impartial or fair coverage back in the Clinton days.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2024, 10:06:05 AM »
... and has been since 2016.

And before that and to this day they have on the air orgasms every time Obama says something which got  [barf] real fast.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2024, 04:55:18 PM »
https://bearingarms.com/tomknighton/2024/01/26/ca-supreme-court-n79795

Needless to say, though, a lot of people on the left–which includes the vast majority of anti-gunners–are celebrating the Supreme Court right now. They love it, even if they don’t actually understand what the Court actually said.

And yet, while they seem all about the rule of law and think Texas replacing the razor wire is ignoring the Court–at least in spirit, as they see it–they routinely and really ignore the Court on guns. Especially California.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2024, 05:06:32 PM »
Needless to say, though, a lot of people on the left–which includes the vast majority of anti-gunners–are celebrating the Supreme Court right now. They love it, even if they don’t actually understand what the Court actually said.

And yet, while they seem all about the rule of law and think Texas replacing the razor wire is ignoring the Court–at least in spirit, as they see it–they routinely and really ignore the Court on guns. Especially California.

My current favorite is the Idaho Reddit, where the 0.01% of radical left extremists in the state make up 99% of the posters. This morning, they were going off on how something needs to be done about our governor, who is thwarting the SC by signing on with Texas. The Supreme Court must be followed! It is the law of the land!

Other than that I would get 2,376 downvotes in five minutes, I really wanted to post about how at the same time, they are saying how something needs to be done about our governor because he is following the Supreme Court regarding abortion, and the SC must be thwarted!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2024, 06:16:17 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Biden Says Texas Has Till End Of Day To Remove Razor Wire Or Else Frinlerbagsuzzit Dorblelerg
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-says-texas-has-till-end-of-day-to-remove-razor-wire-or-else-frinlerbagsuzzit-dorblelerg
- Calvin and Hobbes

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2024, 06:33:48 PM »
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Biden Says Texas Has Till End Of Day To Remove Razor Wire Or Else Frinlerbagsuzzit Dorblelerg
https://babylonbee.com/news/biden-says-texas-has-till-end-of-day-to-remove-razor-wire-or-else-frinlerbagsuzzit-dorblelerg

It's funny because it's true!

"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2024, 07:16:03 PM »
Anyone that says the Supreme Court must be obeyed, should be reminded that they did away with Roe just like RBG said would happen because it was unconstitutional.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2024, 07:19:58 PM »
Apparently there is some giant trucker's convoy ramping up that is heading for Texas to create a wall of trucks.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #44 on: January 27, 2024, 09:42:28 AM »
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2024, 12:16:07 PM »
OK, a court said the Feds can remove razor wire.

What about punji sticks? They didn't say anything about punji sticks, did they?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #47 on: January 27, 2024, 02:08:43 PM »
https://www.muckraker.com/articles/united-states-invasion-route-exposed/
It is about what I suspected.  There is big money pushing this immigration into the US.

Similar for Europe I imagine.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2024, 08:49:53 PM »
The border bill is worse than the affordable healthcare act was.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2024, 10:38:44 PM »
https://www.muckraker.com/articles/united-states-invasion-route-exposed/

The U.S. should withdraw from the United Nations, and kick them out of New York. For the U.N. to be aiding and abetting a mass invasion of a member nation is intolerable.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design