Author Topic: Smith & Wesson is making a lever action ...  (Read 387 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Smith & Wesson is making a lever action ...
« on: January 22, 2024, 12:08:00 PM »

Looks like they "borrowed" some ideas from Henry and some from Marlin.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Smith & Wesson is making a lever action ...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2024, 12:13:25 PM »
What? They didn't name it the M&P like everything else they've brought out recently?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2024, 12:25:15 PM »
What? They didn't name it the M&P like everything else they've brought out recently?

Wait for the tactical version.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2024, 12:33:59 PM »
Henry Big Boy All Weather with crossbolt safety and extended foregrip, only with S&W stamped on the side.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2024, 12:40:46 PM »
Henry Big Boy All Weather with crossbolt safety and extended foregrip, only with S&W stamped on the side.

... and probably more expensive.
"End of quote.  Repeat the line."
  - Joe 'Ron Burgundy' Biden

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2024, 03:39:03 PM »
I was sort of wondering if Henry was making all or part of it.  Looks too much like their rifles.  I heard $1200 on one of the videos.  That may have been MSRP. 

I think my Henry X lever which is very close to this was about $900.  I believe the MSRP is around $1100, but I would have to look it up.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2024, 04:07:12 PM »
Daniel Defense DANIEL H9 Pistol …Their First-Ever Handgun!
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/daniel-defense-daniel-h9-pistol-handgun/#axzz8Pa89QWJ5

Daniel Defense announced their H9 pistol this morning.  I saw a handful of reviews were already up on Youtube.  I was wondering when they would do something with the Hudson design they acquired. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2024, 07:58:35 PM »
Daniel Defense DANIEL H9 Pistol …Their First-Ever Handgun!
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/daniel-defense-daniel-h9-pistol-handgun/#axzz8Pa89QWJ5

Daniel Defense announced their H9 pistol this morning.  I saw a handful of reviews were already up on Youtube.  I was wondering when they would do something with the Hudson design they acquired.

I had no idea they had bought the rights to the Hudson. Interesting pistol, but for $1300 I'll pass.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

HankB

• friend
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2024, 08:37:18 AM »
I had no idea they had bought the rights to the Hudson. Interesting pistol, but for $1300 I'll pass.
I generally don't buy oddball guns with questionable support in the future. (i.e., spare parts availability) The closest I ever came was buying a Bond Bullpup - a refinement of the Boberg pistol - but that's only because I know the inventor and worked with him on a different (non firearm) project in the corporate world before he struck out on his own as a gunmaker.

Hey MechAg94 - did you accidentally post your Daniel Defense H9 pistol comments in the S&W lever action thread instead of the Hudson bankruptcy thread?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2024, 09:11:45 AM by HankB »
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2024, 09:50:52 AM »
No accident.  I didn't notice the other thread. 

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2024, 01:32:59 PM »

Brad

Revisit becaus I just watch a vid which made me realize the 1854 isn't a Big Boy, it's a Marlin 336. Makes sense. Smith contracts with Ruger to make barrelled actions, adds a Henry-style magazine, throws furniture at it and ... boom ... done. Smith gets to dip their toe in the lever gun market with a quality product and minimal development cost, Ruglin gets a piece of additional market share without the associated marketing expense. Win-win.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB